It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Kryzen - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:56 am 

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Name : Scott

Age and Gender : 18 , Male

Where are you from? : Scotland , Uk

Playtimes : 18-00:30 weekdays , 10am-early weekends (Server time)

I can raid every night of the week (Oh yes! No life ftw)

I have vent and a working mic and I am willing to use it ! Even though my accent may be funny or hard to understand.

I'm currently training to be an engineer (I can already call myself one!). 2 Years training down , 2 to go ! and the best part is , I get paid for it.

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character name : Kryzen

Current Realm : The Maelstrom

Class , Spec : Paladin , Retribution

Talents
10/6/55 . This spec provides maximum dps while providing some raid utility with Improved BoM along with the usual buffs that a retribution paladin brings to a raid. I just recently changed to this spec after playing 5/11/55 with divine sacrifice as I found it to be quite a handy defensive cooldown in some situations. I am always willing to change my spec if it will benefit the guild in any way , even if its only for one encounter.

Armory Link : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... m&n=Kryzen

UI Screen : http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/586/wo ... 01717d.jpg (Taken in BG so you can see kinda how it would look in a raid)

Character information
I feel I've progressed very well considering its basicly my only character . I feel the skills that I gained from playing other games like Guildwars (GvG) , Clanbase level CoD4 and Warsow iCTF (Q3 Mod) have helped me jump straight into raiding in WoW and quickly develop a great understanding of my class and role , as all these games require great skill , exceptional team work and good communication skills.
I know my class and role inside out even after only playing for a short period of time compared to most players and I feel I have a much higher skill level than players who have played for much longer than me. I can stick to orders but also I can adapt if the sutiation changes suddenly. I also feel that I can still improve but I am not being given the chance by my current guild.
Raid Progression and character development are my main goals in wow but I'm also always up for a laugh and helping out guildies and I do like to dabble in a spot of arena from time to time.

Raid Experience
Since I'm a new gen player I only have experience in Wotlk content

Everything pre 3.1 except : EoE25 , OS25 +3 , FrostWyrm/KT in Naxx 25
Ulduar 10 : 13/14 , All hardmodes apart from One light
Ulduar 25 : 11/14 , Freya +1 , FL + 2
ToC 10 : 5/5
ToGC 10 : 4/5
ToC 25 : 5/5

Although I may be unexperienced on the 25 man side of raiding , I don't see this to be a problem as I learn very quickly and would have no problems adapting.

Why I am looking to join CP
My current guild has basicly died due to a lack of raiders who are interested in the somewhat challenging content that WoW has to offer , They would much rather farm ToC 25 normal once a week for their "Phat" loot than actually go to the more interesting encounters which actually require some amount of skill , To me this takes out all the enjoyment of raiding as farm content isn't fun content and I feel that it is really holding me back from reaching my full potential in WoW . I have found CP to really be my ideal guild as you guys are obviously very skilled and share the same mindset and drive as myself . I feel that when you are raiding you should be raiding with people who have the same goals as yourself and these people should enjoy raiding in the same way that you do.
I really hate people who turn up to raids unprepared with no Flask,food etc and waste everyones time . Because of this I always make sure I am stocked up on flasks/food/potions and that I've always got enough money to cover repair bills etc.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try my best to answer them for you. You are also welcome to comment on my spec,gems or enchantments and I appreciate critisism as there are always ways to improve.

Post subject: Re: [X-Realm] Kryzen - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:48 pm 

you should move your 6th point from the prot tree to get aura mastery, it's a very strong defensive cooldown that i find more effective than Divine Sacrifice. Going 10 points only in holy is a waste if you don't get the prize with the eleventh point :D. Other than that you have impeccable understanding of gemming and enchanting and a pretty strong gear selection despite being very limited in experience.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 pm 

Thanks for the comments.
About Aura Mastery , I was looking into it and yeah I agree with the fact that it seems like a great CD to have but as it doesn't seem to be a very common spec I couldn't really find much information about it . After your comments I agree with the fact that the 1min CD reduction on HoP doesn't really match up with the raid utility that Aura Mastery gives as HoP only really has a few uses in the current raid content aside from getting melee off the squishy caster classes. So I guess I'll respec into Aura Mastery.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:30 pm 
Casual

Declined.