[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Dâle - Destruction Warlock - X-realm Vashj

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Withdrawn] Dâle - Destruction Warlock - X-realm Vashj
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm 

Character:

Name : Dâle
Race : Human
Class : Warlock
Specc : Destruction
Professions : Inscription (for the shoulder enchant) and still trying to level up alchemy but there never are any herbs on the AH in Vashj.
Realm : Vashj
Armory :

About me:

hobbies : Playing drums (for about 11 years now) , going to festivals and seeing some bands during the year.
Occupation : Student : Applied informatics first batcheler at Erasmus (Anderlecht)

Raid / Guild history:

In vanilla wow I was still leveling when TBC arrived, I discovered wow a little late. In tbc I didn't realy make up for that lost time but then again I was still in normal school so I had a lot of work and bearly any time to play wow, especially not raiding at top level. Though I cleared Kara, Gruul, MGT, and SSC (although I would count SSC as it was only 1 run with quick tactics before every boss). When WotLK arrived, I knew it was time to start raiding for real: new expansion so everyone started from scratch again. This is when I started the guild 'Intro' in Talnivarr mainly with some real life friends and some people I knew from the game. Intro wasn't a big success, but it was the first time I realy felt what progressing was like and I wanted more of it. After clearing Naxx , Maly, OS (on 10 man) the guild was falling appart, people got inactive. That's when a friend of me offered me to reroll on Vashj and join a guild he was in atm. This guild was progressing in Ulduar 25 so it was a great oportunity for me. I rerolled, leveled to 80 and then concluded some of their old warlocks had become active again so I was left out. A couple of days later I saw a guild was recruiting a warlock so I made an application to 'Verve' (without expecting much as I was quite badly geared : best HC + emblems gear), and I got accepted. Seemed like this guild was ranked second on our realm so I improved my gameplay a lot with this guild, I got thrown into ulduar Hardmodes without even ever have cleared ulduar normal, but I liked it. Especially when we got Yogg + 1 down after a couple of nights progressing on him, it's that feeling that I like about raiding and they were the ones who were able to supply it to me. Currently this guild is falling appart (after being around for 4 years) we can form around 1 raid / week, because we lack active people, so we are stuck on Anub HC (though I haven't downed FC and Twins either because of not being in the raid when they did kill them.

So current WotLK raiding experience:

Naxx 25 : CLEARED
Naxx 10 : CLEARED
OS + 3d 25 : CLEARED
OS + 2d 10 : CLEARED
OS + 3d 10 : NOT CLEARED (only attempted a couple of times for fun with no success)
Malygos 25 : CLEARED
Malygos 10 : CLEARED
Uld 25 normal : CLEARED (except for Algalon)
Uld 10 normal : CLEARED (except for Algalon)
Ulduar 25 Hardmodes cleared : Leviathan, XT, Iron Council, Kologarn, Hodir, Thorim, General and Yogg
TotC 25 : CLEARED
TotC 10 : CLEARED
TotGC 25 : Northrend Beasts + Lord Jaraxxus
TotGC 10 : never attempted

Though the ones that are not cleared, I know the tactics.

About my Specc:

With the destruction specc, I am assigned to dps as much as possible, with currently 2 hit talents picked because of a lack of druids / SP's in my current guild. I also picked soul link recently, it should help to not stress the healers that much when taking damage, 20% damage transferred to the imp, while the imp gets healed by me doing dps (fel synergy). Empowered imp to crit every time my pet crits. (with the 2 piece T9 bonus it's an unavoidable choice when picking talents) I did NOT take soul leech and improved soul leech as I assume replenishment will be given by other players. but of course I can always respecc to it, if it would turn out to be necesary.

How I would explain a total noob to play my character:

Make sure you have Curse of Doom on all the time (unless you are assigned to another curse like CoW or CoE). Keep immolate up, this is essencial to deal more damage. Whenever chaos bolt or Conflagrate are off couldown use the abilities, but do not interrupt another cast for it because that will not boost your dps. fill that rotation with Incinerate. Also make sure you keep up the buff you get from lifetapping, it lasts 40 seconds, so lifetap every 38 seconds or so, unless you need it more or you are in a situation where lifetapping might kill you. While dps'ing look at the threat meter. While standing at range, you can go up to 130% threat. If you go above , you will pull the boss onto you, immidiatly look who is under you on the dps list, if it's the tank use Soulshatter immidiatly, if not, pray for your tank's quick response with a taunt. Soulshattering while someone other than the tank is below you on threat will make the mob run towards that player.

As of special lock abilities all locks should know about. Use banish, use your demo circle wherever you feel it could improve survivability / dps, and also know you have CC abilities other than banish (fears)

For AoE, you can either go with Rain of Fire or Seed of Corruption. While in my opinion you can not controll your aggro much with Seed of Corruption spam.

As of preperation : Put up fel armor, Use your crit stone (grand firestone) , summon your imp, buff up Soul link, if necesary make a soulwell and/or soulstone a player (healer prio, druids even more because of their battle rez ability).

Computer/connection:

I recently bought a full new system because I started to get fps drops in raids and it was time for a replacement anyways.
4GB DDR2
Nvidia GTX 260 (OC)
Dual core 3.1Ghz processor (intel)
I have an adsl line with these numbers:
I play wireless (yes) but I have never had any problems (n connection not g)
UI :

Although you only see the botom line bound to keys it was a bug on the screen shot, so I include a correct pic of my abilities:
Yes shadow fury AND pots are bound though on hidden bars. Also I play AZERTY keyboard so that might explain some weird keybinds :)

why do I want to join Cráb People:

First of all my current guild is falling appart, but second I have played on Talnivarr for a very long time and it was always about CP , this is why I am pretty sure CP has the most dedicated and talented players and these are the ones I want to progress with in ICC.

Why should you pick me:

always a though question, talking good about yourself. Anyways, I am able to attend all your raid days (although I MIGHT be 10-20 mins late on sundays as commonly my granny shares dinner with us at my place and that way we might only eat at around 7). I am always up for progress (which includes a lot of wiping) I come prepared with flasks / pots (I currently cound on feasts provided by the guild, but in case these are not provided there is no problem bringing my own food). I know how to use a mic (somehow some people don't dare to let people hear their voices) but I know when to shut up. I can joke now and then during farms but that does not include wiping the raid. also I'm always up for alt runs and 10 mans whenever I can. PTR is also installed in case you would like me to join some ptr raiding.

If you need more information you can always reply here I will check it whenever I can.

Post subject: Re: Dâle - Destruction Warlock - X-realm Vashj
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:57 pm 
Casual

Give me a couple days. Ill give you my answer then ;)

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 pm 
Casual

Actually some questions!

- If you get accepted what race would you pick?
- Do you have any different gear sets so that you loose 3% hit. ( Suppression / Trinket )

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 pm 

That are some quick replies, thanks.

For the questions, I am used to play human, so Forsaken would be a natural choice because of the will of the forsaken racial. BUT Orc keeps poping in my head, I think orc would be better dps-wise, I haven't realy calculated the difference in dps. All suggestions are welcome.

Concerning the second question, I have not had the oportinity to offspecc need items for that purpose so no.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:21 pm 

I don't think anyone will mind some good questions.

1) Socket choises, The socket in my neck was going to get replaced by a full 23 SP gem (as a friend usually crafts them for me), concerning the leg gemming, 10 haste V.S. 4 SP. I conclude you are correct and I should gem it to 12 SP 10 haste.

2) I personally have the abyssal Rune but I needed Talisman of Volatile Power recently because I can time that trinket and keep it for situations where the dps boost can make a difference. As for the Sundial of the Exiled, I have never bought it as I got the Dying Curse drop on my first naxx 25 run (combined with Abyssal Rune I didn't need to save eblems for Sundial of the Exiled). They are nice for overal DPS increase yes, but I still like the idea of still having 1 timable trinket.

3) I am still checking the AH every day for my required herbs, it will max as soon as possible. I can't realy put a date on it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 pm 

EDIT (is there even an edit buton) I meant HIT not haste!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:30 pm 

GOing through my gear I encountered my 12 SP + Haste gem in my chest . It's still there from the time I was over the hit cap (w/o talents) this is getting replaces as I speak (all of the others aswell)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 pm 

Greetings,

I am withdrawing this application, I appologise for the loss of time I may have caused, but as Verve disbanded some friends on vashj came up with the idea to just to some 10 man progressing in ICC and maybe grow into a 25 man guild who knows, although I come from talnivarr originally I would leave too much memories behind on Vashj

thanks for your time!

Dâle

Post subject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dâle - Destruction Warlock - X-realm Vashj
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:32 pm 
Casual

Sure :) have fun