[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] X-Realm Holy Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] X-Realm Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm 

Hi! I hope you enjoy my own template for this. Got some expirience with applications so ive made one from what i myself wanna see in one.
Ive tried to write down the most important in every part so if you want me to be more detailed with something you have to ask gently :)

Character name:
Dazzlér
Class:
Paladin
Talents:
Im dual talented so i usually run around with 2 types of Holy spec.

51/20/0
This is the typical raid savior specc which i prefer to use on certain aoe fights or fights with high bursts.
This build is usually the build of choice for most 25 man raiders, as it provides Divine Sacrifice/Guardian and Imp. Devotion Aura, hailed as 'the' FotM spec. You can move about most of the Prot points besides Divine Sacrafice/Guardian, and as with Imp. Concentration Aura you can chop and change depending on your raid set up, moving Imp. Devotion into either the Holy or the Ret tree if you have other Paladins with it.

51/0/20
This would be my tank and spank spec for xtra crit and moving utility for those fights u need to speed things up.
This build is generally used for 5 and 10 man progression as it provides the most self buffs and overall utility for a small group. Some people take the top 5 points out of this and put them into Divinity, I personally don't agree to this as at least Persuit of Justice, is the best talent in the tree.

Professions:
I am currently Jewelcrafting and Alchemy. When I first leveled, Jewelcrafting was the main aim as it was the new profession for TBC. I have generally been one of the guilds main JC as I had the BT patterns early on which is a primary reason. After seeing the patterns in WotLK my only concern was that this profession currently takes 60+ days to get every pattern via dailies. I went through a phase of switching my 1st profession quite often. I have tried tailoring, JC, Engineering and back to JC again to see what would benefit my play style the most.

Link to your armory profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... zzl%C3%A9r
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Experience:

Vanilla -

I was pretty much a honor grinder. All I did was WSG flag runs on my Warrior and reached HWL rank. During this time I also played rogue which also became BG grind bots, however I did venture in ZG with a couple of guys from the premade team and cleared it with the aid from some raiders.

Tbc -

With TBC I had just one thought and that was to raid, and to do it as hardcore as possible. With this in mind I raced to 70.

Karazhan - I saw this pretty much in an unnerfed state when Nightbane required holy damage to kill the adds and so on. I actually thoroughly enjoyed this instance especially as I was holy during this time and my first time healing.

HKM/Gruul - I was Holy for the first kill of both of these, and with the huge RNG Gruul had I was quite proud to have downed it. This also allowed me to complete my SSC quest, the pure purpose of Gruuls back then before DST became known as the best trinket.

SSC/TK - While I did enjoy SSC as healer I found myself staring at the boss pressing the same button over and over. However, Lady Vash and Kael’thas remain in my most awesome fights for TBC. Vashj especially for the technical side and how the entire raid had to function like a well-oiled machine to pull it off, and Kael more for the awesomeness of a 20 min fight that pushed your dps to the limit.

MH - I found MH to be thoroughly disappointing compared to unnerfed Kael. It was easy and I did not enjoy the MH experience at all except Archimonde especially for being a huge lore part. I like a challenge.

BT - I actually found Naj'entus kind of fun. Sup/Shade was on par with MH skill wise, and were extremely boring for me. However the late part of BT picked up my interest as it was good, but fighting Illidan never seemed as epic as Vash/Kael. We slowly progressed in BT after RoS/Bloodboil because our warrior tanks where leaving all the time for real life stuff, or to get ninjaed away by a more progressed guild. So once we got it sorted out we could get the kill and look forward

Sunwell - I got to admit this was like a breathe of fresh air. Kalegcos trash was actually enjoyable (and even today I don't mind it), the encounter in my opinion was decent for a starter boss. Brut is simple in tactics but when progression time comes for some bizarre reason those 6 mins felt like an entirety making sure DPS was high as it ever possibly could be.

To sum it up; The more challenging it is, the more I seem to enjoy it.

Wotlk -

Naxx 10/25 - Boring as hell... nothing more to say. Slacked a bit in the start and never got Undying or Immortal achievements.

OS 10/25 - Fast instance and you really only go here to get your mount. Done +3d on both difficulties (when you were supposed to)

EoE 10/25 - Also fast and very boring. Currently I never go there.

Ulduar 10 - I really like this instance if you got a group that can push threw it fast since its very big. Done every hardmode, and also killed Algalon. Realm 2nd by 3 hours..

Ulduar 25 - Same as 10man, really entertaining but boring in the end of the evening. Done everything except Yogg+1 (was sick at the kill -.-') and Yogg+0 (yet) Realm First Algalon 25, my proudest moment in WoW

Totc 10/25 Normal - Very boring instance but quickly done within a hour. not much more to say.

TotGc 10 Heroic - Got Insanity in my first run here to be completely honest. Easy stuff. Insanity Realm First!

TotGc 25 Heroic - Beasts, Jaraxx, Champions, Twins all Realm Firsts. Anub Tribute to skill.

ICC 10/25 - Cleared on thier release dates and shortly after Saurfang i took my break becuse first 4 bosses was a huge disappointment. Hard to get thurther with crappy pugs..

Attendance:

Before i took a 3month break just before christmas i had a pretty much 100% attendance for 4 months with my guild when we progressed threw Ulduar hardmodes and TotGC and those insane hours spent on Anub. Your raiding times should not be any problem to attend.

Im sitting on a 100/10 connection with very rare problems and ofc stuff like power breaks from weather etc aint something i can do about
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous mmorpg experience:

No, World of Warcraft is the first and only ive ever played. Tho ive also played it for 4 years.
Other games ive spent alot of time on would be -

Heroes of Newerth (dotA)
Diablo 2
Starcraft
Battlefield BC2

Previous guild(s) and why did you leave it/them:

The guild below is the one I spend my entire TBC-WotLK time in:

Déjà Vu – Left Neptulon because of the huge lag(6 minute portals anyone?) and when free migration opened and the horde side slowly died. They then moved to Genjuros to continue progressing.
There was nothing wrong with my old guild. I seemed to priorities different things then they were, I wanted to get as many server firsts as possible, clearing the new hard modes etc, while the officers main focus is on gearing up for Icecrown(understandable of course). I wouldn’t have left if it wasnt for ICC being a huge disapointment and internal problems with a officer and i needed a break. 4 months of close to 100% raid attendance can make that to you

Will you be able to attend all raiding days?:
If nothing unexpeted happens, yes. However i am looking for a job quite desperate soon. But it should not have any big impacts on the raid times.

So, what kind of person are you?

My name is Emil, I am a 21 year old guy from southern parts of Sweden. At the very moment I live in my new appartment and I am educated into Electricity but with the current fail on economy in the world I am unemployed at the moment searching for a job. I usually was the friendly guy, the joker, the macro spammer off usless junk and the over serius raider.

Why do i want to join Crab People?

Stability
This is a key issue for me. So having a guild which has existed for great deal of time and has vast history behind it, while having no or little troubles with internal affairs is always a positive thing in my eyes.

Social Aspect
With the above mentioned I also hope to find a good social aspect, however having no previous experience with your players in game I can only hope this aspect is here. As during farm bosses it’s great to have a bit of banter going otherwise farming an instance like Ulduar/Totc/ICC for a year could drive someone crazy. Also outside of raids, I find it’s great to have a laugh or decision in guild chat while doing dailies. It makes the game feel more immersive for lack of a better word.

Progression/Progressing
So I hope I get a chance to perform in some real high end PvE in WotLK and Cataclysm, and that I don’t want to miss the chance again. There is nothing better than downing a boss that hasn't been nerfed. I find boss encounters which challenge the player the most rewarding, which is why I hope there are no more loot piñatas like the bosses in parts of Totc/Ulduar.

What can you bring to the guild?

Ability to learn and adapt - While this isn't original, I believe it’s important. A raider should be able to think on their own two feet and adapt to a new encounter. To quote something I read somewhere "WoW is an 'easy' game, yet it’s amazing how some people play it so badly". This is so true, and I feel that hard modes/server first’s just make this game so much more fun and makes me want to go to the edge of what’s possible. Fighting in a heavily competitive environment gives everyone a opportunity to optimize raid performance.
This also covers learning strats for bosses, a “new gimmick" for your class or so on. I believe I have extremely good insight to most aspects of this game.

Able to handle criticism - Criticism is needed when you want to better yourself in a raid environment, and 99% of the time it does help you do become a better raider. This is due to the fact the best way to avoid criticism is to perform exceptionally well all of the time so you don't become the target of criticism.

Of course, everyone makes mistakes; I have had my share of it. But as long as you are able to reflect, and learn from the mistakes made (whether by yourself or others). This doesn’t mean that mistakes have to be made, doing something right the first time always is better.

Dedication - This could count as being obsessive, but I will always try and perfect my character and performance. This means I'm always prepared whether before the raid begins or during standby. Its generally small things, but coming unprepared is frustrating in my opinion you expect everyone to pull their weight, so if 24 other people are going 100% with 100% of the buffs, you should too. That’s how raiding is.
XTRAS

Working on upgrading this peice of junk but its a later project.

Computer info -
My system has the following specs:
ASUS P5B-Premium
Intel P965
Intel Core 2duo E6850 @ 3000MHz
NVIDIA GeFORCE 2800 GTS 1024
4GB Physical Memory
100MB/10Mb Connection. Rarely have problems with this.
Logitech G5 mouse and a Logitech G11 keyboard
Samsung SyncMaster 223BW
Key bindings

1 - Flash of Light
2 - Sacred Shield
3 - Cleanse
4 - Holy Light
5 - Holy Shock
6 - Beacon of Light
7 - Aura Mastery
8 - Divine Plea
Q - Judgement of Light
E - Divine Sacrifice (SW)
Shift + Q - Blessing of Freedom
Shift + E - Lay on Hands
B5 (mouse button) - Hand of Protection
§ - Mr Bubble o 7
Macro 1 - Divine Plea on/off
Macro 2 - Aura Mastery On
Macro 3 - Divine sacrifice/guardian On/off
Macro 4 - (Insert bunny1) OMG (Insert bunny2)

PowerAuras
#1 when i need to reJudge
#2 when my bubble is off

Most recent UI pic
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4948/w ... 162656.jpg

Man.. i feel like i wrote a freakin news paper and when i preview it looks so small :(
Hope to hear from you soon with some good news, im very intressted to come back to hardcore raiding again and even further!

/Emil,Dazzlér

Post subject: Re: X-Realm Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:45 pm 
Casual

Hi Dazzlér

Well written application. Pretty much the best written one I've seen, ever.

First off, Cráb People has kept a world class paladin team since Sunwell, and if you are of that quality you will fucking love playing in the guild.

I'm a bit confused however, regarding your keybinds. DIllumination, Healthstone, Aura mastery being the most obvious ones, and I consider them critical, especially healthstone. Also Salvation, hammer of justice, anti-undead spells.. Divine plea bound to 8?

Also, I don't see the point of a 51/0/20 spec, ever.

I'm not even a raiding member of Cráb, so it's not like I have any say. Just thought I'd bring up these points as I find them relevant to the application.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:40 pm 
Ex-Officer

Declined. Lacking gear and experience. We also just accepted two paladin trials.