[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Amaranth, Combat Rogue application.

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Amaranth, Combat Rogue application.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:03 am 

Hey everyone.

My name is Curtis and i live in Birmingham, UK.

armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Amaranth

i have played this rogue for 146 days 7 hours. and i plan on keeping this char my main through cata.
combat is my main spec for the simple reason that it suits icc more than mutilate does.
granted my expertise is only at 22, but orcs get axe racial so my axe is actually at 27...and with the bis lk axe yea. i planned ahead.
there were no spriests or reliabe boomers in safari so i had to go for the self capped hit rating :/ being accepted as a trial to any guild i would lower my hit rating and stack in more ap.
since im already at the soft crit cap.

i originally was on stormscale where i got some cool titles like immortal and twilight destroyer when they were fairly hard to get.
i took a 6month break from wow to catch up on some uni work intime for exams etc, which was very necessary :P after i got my DI done i decided to play again, but much less.
So i moved to Burning Steppes with the intention of finding a nice casual guild to do some toc and icc with. I joined Safari and progressed through icc from marrrogar normal to sindragosa heroic.

WOL : http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1164/
feel free to look on most of the 25man notes as i havent missed a raid with safari since february.

being on top of some of the wol dps lists got to be a bit of a joke, because as every guild has quite alot more opportunity to pull everything in packs, or have a higher raid dps,
our kills were very slow and the raid wasnt setup in any specific manner to make casters nor melee to have a huge advantage. Therefore i worried about these a whole lot less
and concentrated on getting through the instance 1 boss at a time and doing my individual best. (eg. having to tott a ranged dps on saurfang and stun lock 1 add because we had 5 ranged dps in some runs)

ui screeny- http://yfrog.com/epwowscrnshot092510221955j
stolen ui from cherti. removed and added alot of my preffered addons but i wanted the unit frame layout.

after a few months raiding with safari the gm took a break and i got asked to raid lead. with the only progression left to do as LK heroic i thoguht it would b a nice easy job
telling the same people week in week out what to do and reminding them of boss tactics and mechanics. sadly i was mistaken. I was not able to focus on me anymore :( and found that i was looking at grid and
the dbm timers for everyone rather than abilities that affected me. so i was never able to really have a rupture spec for the reason that it takes a little extra effort to keep up rather than mindless ss/evis/snd spam.
Having said that it has given me a greater appreciation for what every1 and successive RL's have to do. Unless your guild happens to be inside the top 1k where every1 potentially
knows what there doing :P

your raid times suit me as i have only a part time job to contend with, which is very forgiving. i have rage flasks/speed pots and laterly lightning elixers and arp elixers since it seems that we
may use dual elixer in cata like before. pre-pot speed and well...pot speed again.

i have a few macro's if you are interested in knowing these.
4 tot macros
5 blind macros
gouge macro
vanish macro
vanish sap

i can go on but they are all basically for arena.

Attitude:
i am a very dedicated person, once i set my mind to something it will get done to the best of my ability. i approach raids with the intent to learn the encounter inside and out so i can
produce the maximum uptime of damage. Whilst making sure i dont cause a wipe or waste a brez. However if i do fuck up once, i recitfy it.

My alts include a 70 HWL warrior, 80 disc priest. i tend to only pvp on these guys tho :P

any questions, please ask.
thanks for reading and i hope to hear from you soon.

Post subject: Re: Amaranth, Combat Rogue application.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:14 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Stormscale, the nest i came from!

You say you plan your expertise around you getting the Lich King heroic axe. However, you have no Lich King 25 heroic kills, and are applying to a new guild. If you get accepted you might have to wait for that axe for several weeks, underperforming for all those weeks because you are not expertise capped. Why not gem for your current set of gear, and regem when you get an upgrade?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:57 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 pm 

Last edited by Zuma on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:04 pm 
Casual

He's an orc and has an axe in offhand, but a sword in main hand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:21 pm 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Hey Curtis,

Unfortunatly we are declining your application due to the fact that we are currently trialing 2 rogues, and we have 2 rogue members, totaling our rogue squad to 4.

While your gear and experience is impressive, it does not exceed that of our current rogues, and thus we have to decline your application.

Thanks for your answer on the expertise, it was very good, and you seem to be very knowledgable about your class. Best of luck in finding a guild.

Greetings Tunedbeats