[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Application, Holy Paladin, X-realm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Application, Holy Paladin, X-realm
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:16 pm 

My name is Emre, I'm from Turkey-Istanbul and I'm 22 years old.
The character I'm playing is a holy paladin named Correctus, on realm Executus.My played time at level 80 is 61 days, which I'm going to explain later in this application about why it is so low and I'm still applying to a top guild with that.

About My Spec

I'm using standart 54/17/0 divine sacrifice spec which is optimal for hardmodes.
Most of the talents on this tree are mandatory for any holy paladin.As optional talents I'm using:
Improved Lay on Hands: Decreases to cooldown of Lay on Hands which is important if you want this to be up for every attempt and %20 physical damage reduction on target is a very good bonus to give a breath to tanks.Life/raid saver in many situations
Improved Righteous Fury: -%6 damage taken, no need to explain, useful under every circumstances
Aura Mastery:This is something makes pallies special for every raid.Perfect for hardmodes where there is a lot of magica area of effect damage like Lich King.With correct resistance aura and Aura Mastery it helps raid to survive.Very vital
Blessed Hands: %10 extra effective hand of sacrifice gives an extra cooldown to tanks.In my opinion it is very useful+ %100 more effective hand of salvation helps dps'ers to dump their aggro when they have their aggro dump skills on cooldown or when there is no taunting in boss mechanics, like lady deathwhisperer

I'm willing to respec for guild if needed

About my Offspec

I have a quite good offspec gear, gemmed and enchanted in best way possible, sometimes I change my glyphs for pvp'ing, so u might see Glyph Of SoR instead of Glyph of Seal Of Vengeance, and Glyph of Salvation instead of Glyph of Consecration.I'll try not to pvp as much as my boredom lets me so you wont see those pvp glyphs.
About my protection gear, I have some good pieces but I dont have all slots for tanking Icecrown Hardmodes to be honest.But I'm willing to respec or change my offspec if guild needs it

Gear, gems, enchants, glyphs, flasks, consumables and professions
-My holy gear is quite enough for Ice Crown Citadel but there are some spots I need to change:
1st of all my trinkets, both need to change.I'm using Solace of the Fallen normal version, which i need to replace with heroic version but I can't get to convince my guildmates to help with that.And I'm using Talisman of Resurgence which gives me nice amount of intellect and a cooldown to use with divine plea.I need to change this with Meteorite Crystal which never drops for me
2ndly, my belt needs to change, I dont want to drop haste so I'm expecting Belt Of Blood Nova to drop for 4 months now, no chance yet
And my Marrowgar's Frigid Eye needs to be replaced with heroic version, no chance either.
I need to add that I havent looted anything for my holy gear for months now, still it is quite enough for Ice Crown Citadel and RS hardmodes
-Paladins are for dumbs when it comes to gemming, Meta gem is the only option and 1 prismatic gem solves requirements, then it's all about mana
-About enchants there are 3 points that can be arguable, first is 10 stats or 250 mana on chest.I went with 10 stats since they are very close to each other manawise but 10 stats give me a little bit hp, not that its going to save my life but i hope it does one day.Second is Tuskarr's Vitaly ,Icewalker or 7mp5 to feet.I think movement speed bonus is always better then those 2.
And last one is 30 intellect or 63 spellpower to weapon.I find 30 intellect a lot to miss in your mana pool and since most of our heals are overheal I'd go with 30 intellect
-Glyphs are mostly easy to pick for holy paladins except I'd prefer using Glyph of Divinity in progress raids where ooming is possible coz of gear for glyph of Beacon of Light.Yes Glyph of BoL saves 1 global cooldown ever 30secs but mana return from glyph of divinity can be very very useful when u need it.And I have lots of glyphs with me when I'm raiding since changing them sometimes help you(like glyph of the light at dreamwalker fight is more useful then wisdom)
-As flask I mostly use Flask Of Distilled Wisdom, and for farm bosses sometimes I use Elixir of Mighty thoughs and Guru's Elixir, occasionally I use Flask of the Frost Wyrm(for Dreamwalker), or Flask of Pure Mojo(very rare)
-For consumables I always have at least 40 Runic Mana Potions, a stack of Potion of Haste, Wild Magic(for dreamwalker), Swiftness Potion (It sometimes helps alot like when you get caught by 2 ghosts in Lady Deathwhisperer in a corner it helps you to run off them) and I wont miss special Holyday Buffs of WoW if they are useful (like midsummer sausage)
-I have Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting both 450, quite effective comparing other professions
I always have uncut or cut gems in my bags for gear uprages along with enchant scrolls and an eternal belt buckle
-I'm not even mentioning about reagents, since I'm applying to you guys it should be impossible to forget reagents before raids

About Me

I'd like to start with my WoW background before I introduce myself,
I havent played Vanilla WoW since I was a boarding student back in the day
I started playing WoW at 2007 and raided tbc with a guild named Spearmint Kodo-Hellfire.Cleared everything up to Kalecgos prenerf, killed Kael and Vashj pre attunement nerf.But some pretty great geared guildees left the guild for a more hardcore one so it became a cycle of recruiting and gearing new people all the time and watching them fail at Brutallus.I took a break and returned to game with WotLK nerf, wanted to test new talents and warm back up to the game.I was playing mage back in the day and I became Class Leader after 2 months in that guild. With WotLK expansion i pushed myself to get Server First Mage, undead and level 80.Tho I failed at all of them but Turkish Internet Provider had a lot of effect on that.I still make sentences starting with "If it wasn't that internet connection".With new expansion and stupidly easy content we got everything in short time but some old members decided to leave, again, after we killed sartharion 3Drakes Up.It became like TBC, gearing new members over and over again.And i felt really depressed after some time leading those raids and trying to maintain something good.I gave a break to raiding for like 2 weeks and when I returned someone said that guild stopped raiding.It was like 1 month before ulduar patch. I have always felt proud of my fidelity but i was quite sure that was the time for me to stop, since the girl i'm together with wanted me to play less and the content and the game was incredibly stupid.So I sold my account with all best in slot t7 with ashes of al'ar.I made good money out of it to be honest.I had another account with only 1 paladin in it which I used to recruit a friend with a fake address since Laws in Turkey does not let you recruit a friend so i gave an address of my friend who lives in england.
In april I started the game back on casual basis with that account got accepted into on of the 3 best guild in horde side and became an officer in 1 month.I raided 3 days a week coz of the same girl i've been together with till early summer.The guild that I'm in at the moment is a progress guild with mature players who plays this game from the beginning but with years passing they stopped playing hardcore and at the moment its quite hard to get enough people for a decent raid. This was the story for all summer. And now we have some good people back from holidays, I can't convince my gm to progress again on heroic LK encounter.And I'm afraid this many mature and fed up players brings this "no need for hard things" idea together.We broke up with that girl i was together all the time now and I really want to go back to hardcore raiding.I'm quite sure I'll be one of the very few people who are trying to hit 85 and trying to level the guild as fast as possible if I dont say stop to this.I want to be with a community who work together for such things.

Well about me, I'm 22 years old Turkish guy who is living for games, as long as I have time.Studying Med in university and I can speak 4 languages.Living all alone.
I can raid for 7 days as long as I know the schedule, I have full control of my time after 5pm.I'm kinda guy who prefer to learn and use the game mechanics instead of playing 1 class and 1class only.I'm quite ambitious so I like to push myself for things extra ordinaire, like server firsts.I'm a fast learner and I dont like to whine, and I dont like people to be angry to me so I am always ready for everything.I sometimes talk a lot and I know this is a down for me but this is who i am.
I dont have anything to prove you that I'm good enough for you but I am offering to pay for it If you are willing to try me, so that I can show myself and I am not after any boosts or any gear.
I always read wow related Websites such as Elitist Jerks(my homepage), Mmo and Tankspot for tactics.

What I expect from Cráb people

Well I'd like to have fun first of all, It's not really fun to wipe at easy things.I mean I can wipe all night till morning just because of RNG things with good players. And I want to be top. Not mediocre or casual but hardcore and top.

What I can offer to you guys

Well to be honest I can offer everything you ask me to do

Computer Spec-Internet
Intel Core i5 661 3.33GHz 4mb 1156p
Sapphire ATI 5970 2Gb GDDR5 (DirectX 11)
OCZ gold Edition 4GB DDR3 Ram
Using Steelseries Gaming Keyboard and Mouse
Only problem here is my 24" monitor is not working ( I think something inside is burned or hdmi cable is having problems) So i need to play in 18" monitor for at least 1 month now.But still i dont think its problematic
My inet is 8Mb and rarely causes net lags
I have Ventrillo and a headset with a mic

Main addons and Keybindings
DBM, Quartz, Healbot (My clique addon for grid is not working properly so i replaced it with this), Buffalo3, Ora2, Pallypower, Bartender, X-perl, Prat, Beacon of light/ss timer, omniCC, Decursive

Well I have a lot of Keybinds
LMB:Flash of Light, RMB: Holy Light, MMB:Holy Shock, Shift+LMB:sacred shield, Shift+RMB: Beacon of Light, Shift+MMB: Hand of Salvation, Ctrl+LMB:Divine Favored Holy Shock,Ctrl+RMB:Blessing of Kings,Ctrl+MMB:blessing Of Wisdom, Alt+LMB:Hand Of Protection, Alt+MMB: Hand Of Freedom, Alt+RMB:Hand Of Sacrifice,Ctrl+alt+LMB:Lay On Hands, F1:Arcane Torrent, F2:Divine Plea+Avenging Wrath, F3:Divine Sacrifice, F4: Aura Mastery, F5:Divine Illumination+Divine Plea, F6:Avenging Wrath, F7:Divine Illumination, F:Divine Protection, G:Divine Shield, Z:Divine Intervention, 1:exorcism,2:Consecration,3:Holy wrath,4:Hammer Of Justice, 5:Healthstone, 6:Divine Favor, 7:Judgement of Wisdom, 8:judgement Of Light,9:Hand Of Reckoning,0:Hammer Of Wrath

Well sorry for way too long application and thanks for reading this.This is so long so I'm quite sure i forgot few things.If you need more information that I can provide, I'll be glad to answer.
Regards, Emre

Post subject: Re: Application, Holy Paladin, X-realm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:16 pm 

How do you move and turn if you have bound pretty much all your spells to your mousebuttons?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:20 pm 

My mouse buttons are keybinded as mouseover macroes, they work just as usual if I dont click on someones health bar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 pm 

While scrolling i saw that i forgot armory link, sorry for that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:50 am 
Casual

Psst Krunk/Fiddle look here!

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:19 pm 
Ex-Officer

Accepted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm 

I'll write a goodbye post to my guild and transfer immediately.Thank you