[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [ACCEPTED] Mior - Protection Warrior

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [ACCEPTED] Mior - Protection Warrior
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:49 pm 
Casual

Hello Crabs, please find my application below for your consideration.

About me
My name is Marc, I am 27 years old and I live a city called Eindhoven in the Netherlands. I have my own appartment where I live by myself, and I work as a network & system engineer for a european ISP. My computer is about a year old (Intel E8400 with 4GB ram and a ATI Radeon 4850 running on Windows 7) and I have a 20Mbit ADSL2 internet connection from the company where I work.

My character
I play a protection warrior named on Trollbane. I created it in February 2005 and have played it ever since. It normally has two protection specs; one for pure avoidance with Imp spell reflect, demo shout and shield wall, and one which is more threat oriented with deep wounds. I temporarily dropped my threat spec to give fury a try.

Because my main normally has two protection specs, I made a second warrior named which allows me to play around with arms and fury.

I don't mind changing my spec on my main to make sure I can dps when needed, although my fury gear isn't as good as my tanking gear. I only took the dps gear that other people didn't want, so its mostly ulduar gear with 2x Earthshaper.

The armory will probably display my Effective Health set, but I also have an avoidance and threat set. Sometimes I make a set specifically for 1 boss such as Hodir and General Vezax, but also a set for Anub-HC add tanking, which I started getting together only a few days ago. This set will give me 102.63% of combined miss/dodge/parry/block which is enough to not get any unmitigated hits.

UI screenshot: http://marc.vianetworks.nl/wow/interface.jpg
Worldoflogs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/4925/

Guilds and experience
I started my raiding career around the time Zul'Gurub was released. Back then I was in a guild called 'the Unforgiven Warriors', where we raided Zul'Gurub, Molten Core and Blackwing lair. Around the time 40-man Naxxramas was released I joined a guild called 'Somnium' - the #1 guild on the server back then, where we cleared AQ40 and 10 bosses in Naxxramas. Somnium disbanded right before the release of TBC.

Soon afer the release of TBC I joined a guild called 'Legacy' where we killed a few bosses in SSC and the Eye. Real life took over for the first time in 2+ years since I just bought an appartment in Eindhoven and had to move there. When I came back a few months later I was replaced and no one seemed to need a tier 4 geared protection warrior, so I went casual for a while and didn't get back into raiding until Sunwell was released. I rejoined Legacy and killed Illidan and the first two bosses of Sunwell pre-3.0.

Right before Wotlk was released I joined 'Deeprun Tram Poker Club' which had allot of former Somnium members in it. Since the early Naxxramas-25 days I have been an officer and raidleader in DTPC, and we completed many of the hard mode Ulduar achievements and we're currently progressing on Trial of the Grand Crusader. As of October 9 we decided to let the guild die due to the lack of raiders and high quality recruits.

Attendance
I come home from work somewhere between 18:00 and 18:30 depending on traffic and I can play to around 0:00, which can be extended if needed. I enjoy a good nights sleep, but I enjoy a server first boss kill even more.

If needed I could take a few days off for progression raiding (I did this at the release of both TBC and Wotlk for leveling), but I have to coördinate this with my co-workers so it isn't something I can do last minute.

My work demands me to be on call one week per month, which means that if a piece of hard- or software breaks, I have to suit-up and go fix it. This doesn't happen often, and most of the time I can fix a problem remotely, but there is a small chance that I either can't show up or have to leave a raid prematurely because of this. Again, this happends rarely (only once so far in 2009) but it is something which you probably have to take into consideration. Other then that there is nothing which prevents me from attending raids.

Why
Deeprun Tram Poker Club is dead and with it so is raiding on Trollbane (unless you are Finnish). So I am looking for a new home. I have no intention to give up raiding or WoW in general.

Crab People seems like a really good fit for me. Both your attitude towards raiding and your progress really appeal to me. I know two people in your guild (Klogg and Siph, they used to play on Trollbane back in the day), and it would be a pleasure to raid with them again.

I could try to sell my self as gods gift to WoW, but I'm not. I haven't killed Yogg+0 or 25-man Anub'arak heroic yet, so I have some things to learn. What I can promise you, however, is that I will be very active and always prepared for raids to come.

Closing words
Thank you for reading my application, and for considering me to be a part of your guild.

Post subject: Re: Mior - Protection Warrior
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:06 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:07 pm 
Casual

Ah yes, I definitely remember Uti :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
Ex-Officer

Kudos to you for nice app.

Enigma.