[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] - Combat Rogue X-realm Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] - Combat Rogue X-realm Application
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:57 am 

Personal Info:

Name: Ola Torung
Nationality: Swedish
Location and Time Zone: Sweden GMT+1
Connection Speed: DSL 8mbit (Reliable)

Computer:
My computer was top of the line when I got it a couple of years ago with a
E6750 Intel 2 core duo processor and a
320mb Nvidia 8800gts, 2 gigs of RAM and able to run WoW very smoothly, thinking of upgrading my hardware pretty soon though, likely this late spring/early summer.

About Ventrilo:
I lurk Ventrilo all the time, as long as I’m in front of my computer. I’m not shy and if something comes up during an encounter that I have to let people know, I will. Don’t worry though, I know when I need to shut up too. My English isn’t accent-free, however I have no difficulties whatsoever to understand it. Grew up in front of American sitcoms and playing English based games so that department is covered.

Character information:

Character Name: Ish
Character /played and total /played:
159 total, 116 at level 80. I think I’ve spent about 80-90% of my online time on this character, and notably most of those hours on level 80.

Class: Rogue
Level: 80

Main Specialization:
PvE Combat (20/51/0), I defenitly like the flexibility of combat, CDs are gold, and the ramp up time to your full potential is somewhat less when target switching compared to mutilate. To reduce ramp up time even more I’ve specced 5 points in Improved Poisons, and with that taken a DPS-loss of 17 DPS in my gear, however this spec pulls ahead on target switching fights, just by using simple logic, since it’s harder to simulate a target-switching fight. I’ve also put one point in CQC instead of Endurance, something I did to gain some DPS when switching to a dagger for FoK in p1 LK, however I think this is counter-productive in retrospect, since the sprint CD can sometimes save lives, to not speak of the dps gain of getting on target faster compared to 1% crit on daggers while FoKing (somewhere in the laughable area of those 17 DPS that was 1 point in vile poisons)

Secondary Specialization:
Mutilate (51/18/2), has arguably higher DPS then combat on a tank and spank fight. This spec is cookie cutter.

Professions:
Alchemy and Inscription. Both of these give the AP-statbuff (80 ap) However I’m considering switching them out for Engineering (mostly for rocket boots) and perhaps BS/JC (for the ArP-statbuff in shape of gems) I haven’t done this yet, cause quite frankly up until now I haven’t seen the effort worthwhile for the gains (cause let’s be honest, these small gains are hardly game breaking), however I would definitely do it to show my dedication and that want to join the guild.

Secondary Professions: All maxed out.
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ane&cn=Ish

UI Screenshot:

I will agree that I don't have the best looking UI, I've tried to keep everything as clear and simple as possible to have it PvE optimized, tried to get as much free space as possible, I use IceHUD for timers (basically just SnD now, though sometimes Expose armor) ,and DP-stacks (For example Not using killing spree until I have 5 stacks in the beginning of the fight) probably the most important addon I have at the moment in coalition with DXE as boss timer. I use recount to see where I can improve my DPS on every encounter, I use grid for raidframes, and use Pitbull for unitframes. Omen as threat meter. I have hidden all my keybound bars, and have one bar up to see all my cooldowns.

Attendance:
I have no spare time activities, and a really slacky school at the moment, so I can keep a very high attendance.

Logs:
I just migrated to Trollbane from Shattered Hand, I also changed my name from Grishmaluk to Ish, however there are logs from our time on SH. For my EU-records on WMO you can check Grishmaluks entries on: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/rog/9/7/3
For my guilds performance etc. check: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/gu ... 3#calendar

PvE Experience:
This is probably the department I’ll be lacking most in. However don't fear, I'm pretty sure I know what it takes to be a top-world player.
TBC:
SSC, Cleared
TK, 3/4
MH, 3/5

WotLK:
10 man:
Sarth+3d
Ulduar 14/14 on Heroic, Rusted Proto-Drake before ToC hit, but not Algalon.
ToGC, Insanity before ICC hit.
ICC, 3/12 on heroic, haven’t been included on the 10 man runs because of buffs (Melee Haste vs 4% Physical basically)

25 man:
Sarth+3d, After Ulduar hit.
Ulduar 14/14 Everything on normal before ToC hit. Algalon after ToC hit, (even ICC I think). Also Death’s Demise on Trollbane since no one had taken it yet.
ToGC 5/5 Anub a month after ICC hit.
ICC 2/14 on heroic, Marrowgar and Gunship.

Consumables:
Armor Penetration food and Flask of Endless Rage. Popping one Potion of Haste right before the fight starts, and one in coalition with Bloodlust (if bloodlust is popped early, then with blade flurry).

How I stay on top of my class:
I read the Rogue section on Elitist Jerks every day, and sometimes make my own inputs. I read MMO-champion for the latest patch updates and blue posts. I use Aldrianas Spreadsheet for gear upgrades and Mavanas spreadsheet for theorycrafting.

Previous guild(s):
I started out in TBC, around the time of the Zul’Aman patch, joined a guild called Eternal Dawn and started clearing out SSC. My greatest achievement in this era was killing Vashj. We kept playing until somewhere around the summer 2008 when the guild fell apart.

As WotLK came, some members from Eternal Dawn joined a new project called Division, we leveled up and started farming Naxx and that, as every other guild. Moved the guild to Genjuros because of the lag on Shattered Hand. We didn’t get Sarth+3d down before Ulduar however, mostly because of crappy players.
As Ulduar came, I left Division for the Shattered Hand guild Loco Motives, simply because we didn’t get raids going, and the people in the guild was really bad. In Loco we had some success, however the guild wasn’t really as hardcore as I wanted, with some really good people boosting some baddies, as any other top 2k ranked guild.

In mid-December 2009, me and a couple of other players with the same vision as me, left Loco Motives and created No Progress. We got pretty good really fast, within a month we were one of the servers top guilds (ranked 150ish in the world) and things were going great. Then the previously stated infamous Shattered Hand, or more like the Cyclone (the Battlegroup) lag, hit again, the game was barely playable so we decided to migrate to Trollbane, this time I was skeptic, I knew what happened to Division, and even though that guild didn’t have close to half the potential of No Progress things went downhill fast. We’re currently ranked about 600-700 in the world and seem to be falling. The leadership isn’t exactly what it could be either, the guild has 2 GMS, one of which isn’t online a lot and basically just tags along, the other tries to change the guild to the better, but lacks experience and is basically isn’t leading the guild very good. We have 4 officers, one of them is me, I’m currently handling the DKP, one of the few roles that are actually set. Personally I try to move the guild forward (I’ve written about three quarters of the threads in the officer forum) but I get literally no response, and a lot of raiders (some of them ex-officers) are complaining about our crappy website, our crappy raid leading (about 3-4 people calling out stuff on bosses), and some other crappy stuff, all in all not much is happening to the guild, We aimed to take this guild to about the level of Cráb People, but I’ve now realized this won’t happen, and I’m therefore looking for an upgrade. I’ve simply spent too much effort on this expansion for it to end like this. I don’t want to spend more time boosting bad people or wasting time, I want to get down to business and I want to do it in a good guild. Also soon my gear will be outdated, right now It's really good, however I think an apply like mine would have been declined simply because of lacking gear 2-3 months from now, if it doesn't stay up to date with hard modes etc. So I'm basically grasping this opportunity.

What I expect from you:
I expect you to reflect your world ranking. I’m doing this to prove to myself where I belong (In a top guild in the world). To actually raid with 24 other people as dedicated as myself, people always doing their best on every progress raid. That’s what I expect. Nothing more nothing less, I don’t expect to get all the loot, I don’t expect to get spots in every raid, I just expect to be an equal to people wanting to be the best. I want to see a guild as a whole. I want to be happy that another player gets an item over me, IF it’s a bigger upgrade, I want to be a team player, which is hard if you feel that everyone isn’t pulling as much weight as you are. I’m sure that this guild can give me that team player feeling.

What you can expect from me:
A player that basically never messes up, tries to the the most possible damage on every encounter (Pops CDs at the right time basically), and is very active. I know this guild is beyond “I BRING POTS AND BUFF FOOD TO EVERY RAID” and I’m ready to live up to those standards.

Additional Information:
I could mention I have good geared Death Knight (for being an alt) called Thalassinus for alt runs and such things. Geared both in DPS and Tanking gear (not top of the line professions and gems though).
I’m sure one of the reasons you may want to decline me might be for the fact that I don’t have very good experience. The only thing I can answer to that Is that to this day I haven’t found anything particularly hard, my DPS has always been above what is required for any boss fight I have tried so far (considering I’m a rogue too), and I’m ready to take the final challenge in World of Warcraft by trying out for a top guild in the world.
Also I'm sorry for all my parenthesises (don't know if it's a bad habit, but i tend to use them a lot ;) )

Contact info:
My mail is: Ola_torung@hotmail.com
My characters:
Ish
Thalassinus
Nîk
All on Trollbane

Post subject: Re: Combat Rogue X-realm Application
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 pm 
Nice application really enjoyed reading it, guess main question gonna be.. Can you dodge goo at putricide?

And for the picture of your UI real rogs vanish the frostmourn damage in the end, tihe!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Hello,

We are taking your application in consideration, it is very nice.

You mention mutilate twice in your app, so that raises the question: how is your mutilate gear?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:10 pm 

My mutilate gear is pretty much the same, I can't say I've stacked a lot of non-arp items so to speak. Haven't spreadsheeted Mutilate for a while, but it takes like 10-15 minutes to see what i should use of my available gear so that's no probs. The point of where I started stacking Armor Penetration wasn't too long ago so I still have a lot of items without arp.

These are the items I would most likely use for mutilate:
Stygian Bladebreaker (258)
Flesh carving Scalpel (251)
Belt of the pitiless killer (258)
Cloak of the Untamed Predator (258)
Shrapnel Star (264)
And then a few uncertains:
Shadowblade Gauntlets(251) instead of Aldrianas gloves of Secrecy (264) Crit vs ArP
Garona's Helmet of Triumph (258) instead of Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets (264) Expertise vs ArP
Deaths Choice (245) instead of Deathbringer's Will (264) AP vs ArP
I'm pretty sure that the combo with lesser itemlevel pulls ahead though, I will still have 2set t10 then and a lot less ArP.

With all this said however I would prefer to go Combat, the only raid difference I can imagine is FoKing to get Deadly Brew/Master Poisoner up on multiple targets, but I guess that's justified on a few fights. I strongly belive that Combat is the stronger raid specc, for every boss that requires targetswitching at all. Obviously I would go whatever you told me to go though, these are only inputs, not conditions. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:56 pm 

The itemlevel combo with ArP pulled ahead on the spreadsheet with about 50 dps. 19 itemlevels is pretty much to be honest. Death's Choice normal was better than DBW as expected. Also there's two slots on Aldriana's gloves (8 more iLvL points) vs only 4 more on Shadowblade gauntlets, which is then 23 iLvLs. Cause as far as I know slots are itemized around rare gems and not epic gems.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:58 pm 

My opinion doesn't matter as I am just a reguler raid logging member.
I agree you on the point that Combat is better on target switching fights and mutilate is better on static, that has been like that for quite some time and isn't anything new, however on BiS in theory there isn't nearly any difference at all, assuming combat gets near the armor penetration cap.

I am the combat rogue in this guild at the moment, I can't say anything bad about your gear choise, as I don't know what kind of items have you to switch gear around, to optimise expertise / hit rating around incoming upgrades which is pretty crucial, as there is barely any hit on hardmode items and you are kissing the crit cap. Gems are pretty much correct as well.

There is only 1 thing which I dislike, you seem to be the spreadsheet "uber alles" person, spreadsheet gives some overview about things, yet "real life" is different while fightning bosses, due to target switching, running, which I assumed after reading your application.

Only 1 question for you from me.

How do you feel about the upcoming changes in Subtlety and the changes in Rupture?
Do you think the basic spec will change for combat, or there will be some alternative specs?
If you think there might be any alternative specs after the new changes, what kinda specs those would be? (including glyphs)
What do you think about combat gemming in 3.3.3, will anything change there?

Regards
//Flyby I wish someone would like me in this guild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:24 pm 

Alright. About the spreadsheet first of all. As far as gear go, I'm definitly a spreadsheet person. As far as specc go, I'm not really a spreadsheet person. When choosing gear, the only thing I can really do to see how good it is, is by putting it into a working spreadsheet. However I realize that setbonuses, trinkets and procs in general work differently, they aren't just stats. That I take to account even when I see my spreadsheet numbers. With specc I've always been a bit different, when it was possible to specc into FoK interrupt, I always had it, I figured that the small dps loss of not having it meant litteraly nothing compared to the utility of having your Fan of Knives being able to interrupt.
Now. To the questions :p

How do you feel about the upcoming changes in Subtlety and the changes in Rupture?
I don't think we've seen Blizzards final changes, but as it looks now they seem to be trying to do what they're trying to do with every pure class at the moment, to make every specc viable in PvE. I think that Sub will bring a large amount of personal utility, and I guess a small sort of raid buff in the shape of Hemo, which I guess will be really good if you have a lot of physical damage in the raid. At one point, Sub will probably be OP for single target fights, simply because Blizzard seems to have problems balancing specs when they get buffed a lot (like mutilate in the beginning of this patch) but I think in the end, if we're just talking damage it will be slightly lower than Combat and Mutilate, though bring more personal utility, also the TotT buff as Sub will equal more raid dps (which is all we care about to be honest). Because of that tier 10 2 set bonus will be held on for dear life as a Sub-rogue I would assume :)
The changes with rupture will pretty much bring it back to at least combat in the next patch i suppose, it's a huge buff, and the only thing that makes me doubt it's usefulness is the amount of arp a good geared combat rogue will have at that point. For Sub, the rupture change was pretty much needed in order to give it more viability, since I would assume (with 30+30% from talents) it's a larger part of their damage then any other spec.

Do you think the basic spec will change for combat, or there will be some alternative specs?
I do belive it will change, depending on simply if you use rupture or not.

If you think there might be any alternative specs after the new changes, what kinda specs those would be? (including glyphs)
Well IF we were to use rupture, we would pick up 2/2 in blood splatter instead of having 2 points in Improved Evis/Ruthlessnes (depending on your ArP I guess), but I would think that's about it. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogue#3 ... ,JN6,11623

Here's an experimental Sub Spec: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?rogue#A ... ,6Np,11623
A lot of your damage will be from finishers and generators, so I've chosen to improve those a lot, also I've improved rupture, and glyphed for what seemed to give the most damage. With the Shadow Dance glyph I suppose those last two seconds won't help much.

What do you think about combat gemming in 3.3.3, will anything change there?
This is a very interesting question, since we have a lot of caps to manage, and with rupture critting things aren't gonna get simpler. First of all, as combat, gemming ArP to the cap is a no-brainer. What happens then is we have a lot of stats worth a lot of points. We're close to the crit cap, and haste is good. So I suppose in the end it's gonna be hit and haste pretty much. Depending how close you are to the crit cap. Agility I think will be outruled, simply because of the crit cap. (even though it will be better than it is now)
However I'm definitly not sure, these are only speculations. Even though I understand the mechanics of every stat I will definitly consult the numbercrunchers for the facts.

By the way, is it only me or is it not possible to edit posts here? :p

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:33 pm 
About Sub spec, I meant more the 9% passive armor pen changes and it's conjoining with combat spec after the patch. I personally don't think we ever will spec deeper into sub tree then Honor Among Thieves ( unless it will get a heavy redesigning) even if SUB will get PVE viable at some point, because you just have time to spam finishers with it and maybe an occasional Hemo hit!

I agree with you that armor pen will still be the king even after the patch when rupture will be able to crit and that we will take Blood spatter.

Would be nice if a day would hit when we get 3 rogue spots in raid, but myeah.

Anyway you seem a hunch better then our previous trials, at least in theorycrafting!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 pm 

I have a hard time seeing the 9% armor penetration+Relentless Strikes being more worth then Ruthlessnes, Lethality AND Improved Poisons to be totally honest, if there were more good talents in the sub tree, then perhaps it would be but since you basically have to throw five talent points away I think speccing your last 20 points into assassination is more worthwile.