[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Xfer rogue apply coreraider

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Xfer rogue apply coreraider
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:08 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:15 pm 

I am sorry, but UI is a personal and purely subjective thing, you can't judge the person by the looks of his UI. He knows everything in his UI, you don't and you shall accept it. I could give a nice racistic example which would mark the paralelles with your "problem" in his UI, but I won't do it.
P.S. And I am not defending our applicant, I am giving some common sense in as there is at least 1 guy in our guild who has even more shitty UI and yet he does rly good

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 pm 

You can judge a player by his UI, in your case I would say you don't know what's important to know, an example is. "omg no poisons" you forgot to use poisons before combat, gg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:22 pm 

If you have your UI, no matter how messy it is, you know where you can see poisons and you pay quite a lot of attention to that place. That's ofc if you are a full-time rogue, not an alt with whom you run your 8th ICC occasionally this week. Your UI is your environment and you manage your environment in which you feel comfortable and can do the best out of it, if you are being pressed to change your "habitat" it slows down your performance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:39 pm 

About the poisons its the first time i see that happen, and atm i am not answering cause i feel like a complete retard.... the fact is that i get warning if my poisons are about to end and i alwise have a renew macro... i really dont know what happened there

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:47 pm 
Ex-Officer

Right here is how it is.

Your UI is important, the way in which people set their UIs up will always be personalized and unique. However arguing that you need to know the duration of shadow word pain (example) on the boss is well ... silly really.

If you want to be certain that you have all your buffs and the boss has all his debuffs, get an addon which displays it in a more compact fashion.

It is true that people can preform just fine with a clusterfuck UI however have you ever tried to get rid of the uneccessary spam or atleast tried to clean it up a bit. Now this is where the real concern for me is. To say that youve played with that UI for years and that is what works worries me greatly, it shows a lack of wanting to improve or adapt. I still change small pieces of my UI, infact I changed it a bit just a few days ago.

Now finally relying only on Addons can be a massive no no. Example: saying Bigwigs didnt work therefore I failed. This is not a valid reason to fail on a newly released boss. How many patches have Blizzard gone through leaving Addons ESPECIALLY bossmods incomplete of not functioning. This is why I have several Addons that can do what my DBM can. This allows me to ensure that I can adjust and adapt to new challenges and not rely on a singular Addon.

Also since we want to be a cutting edge guild, doing things that not alot of people have done usually means Addons are not fully functional for atleast a few days/weeks after the release of new content. Ignoring these facts is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Now since thats off my shoulders I'm off to write a post about catacylsm and perhaps and little more fine tuning of the Ol' UI.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:08 pm 

Hello krunk its not that i am afraid to adjust or change my UI i have done it millions of times as i said on one of my posts is that my UI since that day is changed but i am trying to find a new screenie (but my addons mostly pop in the boss fights so really its just a blank screen the main thing is that i change my UI alot i just use some base addons from NUI and about the SWP(Spell) refferance i generally check on all timers i know its not needed but it never affected my gameplay neggatively well if my UI is going to cost me an apply to a good guild i am ready to hear any helpfull comments to change anything on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Hello there,

First: I have never accepted or declined a trial purely based on his UI. Some people value UI higher then others. Like GearScore (LOL), it's just a tool, and people use tools in different ways.

However: The members are trying to point that when progressing, having a cluttered UI can be the cause of you not noticing something important. So, your UI might hinder your performance. And at the end of the day, it's the performance that makes you pass or fail a trial. If you feel your UI maximizes your performance, then that's great.

Anyway, enough UI talk. In your history, you mention a couple of quits, rerolls, fights and guild swaps. Can you convince me that you could be a stable addition to this guild?

Oh, and please use some punctuation (periods, commas and whitespace!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 am 

First of all hello and sorry for all the inconvinience and the UI talk.
The truth is i was never a person that decide's to leave a guild i stick on what i chose.

Just to explain a bit:
At 60 bloodfist got disbanded since all our members decided to swap with <Wild Cards> and <No name> at that time to fix a better core team. I saw all my friends in game and the people that i had raided for over 5 months dissapearing in different guilds or quitting.

So i decided to migrate to Twilights hammer at 70 and apply at the top ally guild there <Loot Ftw>. After about 9 months the druid CL had to depart from the guild due to personal reasons that were never identified (something heavy medical) and chasy and mar told me to take over the spot. I started assisting RL/CL when i was 16. After a while (of SWP) I decided to chill and stand next to my cousin at this hardest moment of his life due to a bad ilness :/ (something with the blood) and also LOOT migrated to tarren mill. There i met indrial after SWP.

The truth is that when my druid got canceled i lvled up a pala since i was always a healer. Fanatic i went to alonsus at a guild called benevolance and ascendance: top guilds on server (same name as my rogue).
They told me a rogue was needed and i had an alt already so i decided to reroll for the guild not for any personal reason/alonsus is lacking alot at rogues and 1-2 people from each big end guild tried to reroll.
Well when i got the offer from all my IRL friends that play here and indrial i informed the guild and tolled them that after 1 month i would be departing so they can find a replacement and not give me loot. When i came here i joined the asylum high end ICC 25MAN then rank 4 on server.

People started getting mad at some officers(more the rogue CL) and they disbanded. Then i fixed my own guild with my friend's just to wait until we find a more stable guild and to have fun and get ready till CATA. I just want you to know i am not a person that ever leaves a guild and /gquit will never be an option i stick to what i believe and the same things happen in IRL.

So from what you can see my apply has some flaws otherwise there wouldnt be a hole conversation on it:) but i can assure you i am a 100% dedicated raider that never fails.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:32 pm 
Casual