[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] X - Realm Ret Paladin Psykewne

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] X - Realm Ret Paladin Psykewne
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:56 pm 

Name: Psykewne
Nationality: English
Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Psykewne
Relevant Experience:
Pre-BC: none
BC: raided up to Mu'ru pre 3.0.2 patch as Retribution, Protection and Holy (i was one of those guys who played each spec as required for fights respeccing for almost every boss in sunwell at times - tank on kalec, dps on brut, tank on felmyst, heal on twins, dps or tank on muru - depending on who else was signed)
Wotlk: Worked extensively on the 3 drake encounter however a previous guild fell apart prio to killing it and I've not been back since.
In 3.1 I've completed all normal modes and most of the 10 man hard modes. However only completed XT and Hodir hard modes in 25 man.
Worked extensivley however on all current hard modes aside from algalon and quite clear on the strategy and technique required to defeat them, of course team mates are not always an extensive choice and Iv'e been unfortunate enough to not be around quite such skilled players in the past.

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving. (most recent first) This is across a 2 year period:

Pwnies (Ghostlands) - left after it was quite clear that they were too casual. People not coming prepared for hard modes and the like and guild leadership doing little about it.

Blood and Tears (Ghostlands) - one of the officers was in essence a bully towards me and they had lots of little silly rules that reduced the fun of raiding. Also they utilised a large roster and insisted on increasing it despite some spots being filled 100% of the time which resulted in them often playing favourites and leaving some people out more often than others. Ultimately I chose to leave since the fun was being sucked out by beauracratic nonsense and bullying.

Brutality (Moonglade) - I was kicked when I refused to go to a farm raid instead of working on sartharion 3 drakes. We had been working tirelessly on the encounter and were close to getting the kill near to the patch that would remove the proto drakes. It would have also boosted our guild ranking on the server by a huge amount. This resulted in the slow downfall of the guild as others followed in my stead for the same reasons. The guild leader was a generally lazy person and I had been doing a good protion of raid leading prior to the incident.

Archaic Legion (Moonglade) - Was an officer however the guild leader decided I was trying to take over and forced me to leave after he had taken a holiday and left me in charge to run things. This lead to the downfall of the guild as I along with my brother was the most active officer in the guild and once we left no one picked up our jobs so the guild leader finally had to quit citing stress and ill health.

Honorbound (Moonglade) - I left after a guild mate started messing around with a guy other than her boyfriend and I didn't want to be around her anymore or the guy she was messing with. I went back to Archaic Legion and having made my point by leaving them previously I eventually became an officer and resumed the many duties I had done in the past.

Archaic Legion (Moonglade) - I left the guild after becoming frustrated with the amount I was relied upon for many things including strats and raid leading however I was not given officer rank despite all the extra work I did for the guild. I joined Honorbound from here in order to move to am ore progressed environment where I did not have to do all the extra tasks expected of me in Archaic Legion. They cleared only one boss in BT during my time away before rejoining them after I left honorbound.

Extra Details:
I have a fully ready and enchanted protection set as well as extensive experience tanking in all current content. I have plenty of experience as holy but donot own a holy set anymore but obviously if that was requested i could build one again and change my secondary spec.
I am diligent in making sure my character is as strong as possible using tools like rawr and such to calculate the impact of various gear. I enjoy raiding and take the opportunity to do so whenever I can at all levels just to keep myself sharp and also to improve. I feel I've reached a point where I want to be amongst a more serious and focussed raid environment now which is why I have applied here.

I use engineering as one of my professions and one thing I emphasise is the use of a saronite bomb every minute (due to cooldown). This is one of the benefits of engineering and I ensure not to ignore it.

Consumables brought to a raid:
Symbol of kings x 200
Symbol of Divinity x 5
Dragonfin Fillet x 20-40
Fish Feasts (however many I happen to have)
Flask of endless rage x 20
Potion of speed x 30
Flash of stoneblood x 5
Indestructable potion x 10
Mana potion x 5 (purely just incase due to near limitless mana supply)
Health potion x 5 (purely just incase due to access to instant heals)
saronite bomb x 150

Retribution in Psykewne's eyes:

Rotation: FCFS giving priority to, crusader strike>(Hammer of wrath)>judgement>divine storm>consecration>exorcism
This changes however based on movement, for instance if a shock blast is coming soon on mimiron i may use divine storm over judgement since judgement can be used from greater distance while retreating from the shock blast, I also might prioritise dropping a consecration under the boss before running out since it will keep ticking while i am away. This is also a prime period where i will throw saronite bombs sometimes. Being flexible and altering the rotatio and priority based on range and boss abilities can play a large part in ensuring a better damage output overall.

Another example is when running from guardians in phase 1 of yogg saron, i make sure to turn and throw hammer of wrath and exorcism as i run, maintaining my damaging presence while moving out of harm's way.

I view Ret as an extremely versatile support dps. The numbers produced are certainly not to be sniffed at but they are behind the pure dps, but that's as intended.
Retribution earns it' raid spot by using other tools such as sacred shield, divine sacrifice, the various hand spells, the ability to dispel most ailments and it's own instant heal procs.
These tools open up many possibilities, for instance they strengthen the interior brain team of yogg saron immeasurably where there is limited support available from pure healers and the additional support can greatly increase the possible aggressiveness of the team when they have less concern over their own life. (I dispel and use heals when moving between tentacles or the brain).
Divine sacrifice also has become an exceedingly strong tool on fights with huge raid damage such as tantrums on XT, phase 2 of Mimiron and so on.
The main limiting factor when playing I find is the lack of a short cooldown interrupt which is a huge separation between all the other melee classes, and to me very frustrating.
Ultimately when I'm doing damage I donot see that as job done with a ret paladin, Only when when I am on global cooldown constantly do I deem my potential maximised so I consistently seek the moments to slip in heals and dispels to best effect.

Closing:

Well I hope that I've given you a good idea of what my views are of my class and how I like to play etc... And I hope that you can find some use for me perhaps.

Post subject: Re: X - Realm Ret Paladin Psykewne
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:43 pm 
Casual

Definately worth a trial

Post subject: Re: X - Realm Ret Paladin Psykewne
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 pm 

right well if that's all cool with you i can arrange the transfer later today when i find my wallet >_<

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] X - Realm Ret Paladin Psykewne
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:03 am 

ok i'm on your server stealing your women and barbequing your babies

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] X - Realm Ret Paladin Psykewne
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:07 am 
Casual

What have we done!?!? whyyyyyy :(

hi ;)