[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Retribution paladin 80

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Retribution paladin 80
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:56 pm 

Character Name: Cathetel
Character Class: Paladin
Character WoWArmory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ay+Bullies
Please note that the equipped chestpiece/gloves/1st trinket are not a standard part of my PVE-gear. Proper PVE chest is "Chestplate of Vicious Potency", "Gauntlets of Ruthless Reprisal".

Character played: Total time played on Paladin: 61 days

Why have you chosen this particular spec (DPS/Healer/Tank):
I've tried playing all tree talent-trees, and given it a fair amount of time it needs to really show cons/pros and shed light on it's gameplay, but i've grown quite fond of playing as Retribution, it's the spec I feel most secure with and I really enjoy playing it.

Why have you spent your points that way:
I feel quite happy with the talents the way they are at the moment, they reason that I haven't put 3 points in Swift Retribution is because often other paladin's have this talent, instead I have scattered the 3 remaining points in e.g. Divine Purpose for HC purposes. But of course, the talent tree is not written in stone and I would be happy to receive any kind of feedback regarding it and ways to change/improve it.
I also strive to improve my own gameplay at all times, I'm surely no stranger to doing own research, or reading up on tacts or general information. I try to keep up with the community to, taking part of the information shared.

Background of myself. I live in the southern suburbs of Stockholm, Sweden, originally from Iran, i've been raised and living in Sweden the past 22-ish years. Fluent in english of course.
What do you do for a living?
I work as an adjutor for students in an elementary school. I recently graduated from Sthlms University as an bachelor of education and have been working as various roles within customer support and development and training.

What online games have you played before WoW, and on what level?
This is an funny story really, the reason I started playing WoW in the first place was when I studied at the University, our professor informed us that in that course we would play WoW, reach level 20 and write an essay about it. So, our entire class started playing on Talnivarr, (alliance) - when the course ended half of the class got hooked, I deleted my char and leveled a priest on horde.
Other than WoW i've played CS, SC at a moderate level, it's only WoW that has really caught my attention and it's the game I prefer, of course I play some "Little Big Planet" with my girlfriend on our newly purchased PS3. :-)

Computer hardware,
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 4400+ 2.30GHz. I can sometimes have trouble with my framerates,
but I've been reading up on guides to improve Vista and WoW-gameplay on various forums and the situation is much more stabile that it was a few weeks ago. :)

About your internet connection:
Broadband, 10mbit/s. Unfortunatley it can sometimes be a bit unreliable since it's auto-restarts the router for some reason near half-hours, I have reported it to our ISP, hopefully they will resolve it soon. The restarts puts the internet down, but it is usually back within the minute.

Can you speak on Ventrilo?
Yes I can, I have VentMix along with version 3.+

Do you respond well to criticism (constructive and not so constructive)?
This is an interesting question, I don't have any trouble with criticism, BUT that doesn't mean that people in general can be plain rude and inconsiderent.
Criticism is good as long as it doesn't result in someone being personally offending. I really have no trouble digesting criticism, I believe it's a good way to improve.

Times i can play:
I'm currently working 80% of a fulltime job, and I usually quit work about 15:00-16.00 on an average day, weekends are free.

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving.
Grr: Lots of people left Grr when WotLK came out, nowadays it's merely an guild with forgotten alts, but it sure was good back in vanilla.
Booty Bay Bullies: Great guild, but I'm looking for a guild that places itself into very challenging situations.

PVE Experience.
Cathetel:(bc-wotlk): Champ. Frozen Wastes, Naxx10/25, EoE10/ Ulduar25 4+/
Nangijala(vanilla priest): Leveled in mid-vanilla, starting out on Grim Batol-server. XP: SSC,Gruul,Mag,TK, Sunwell Plat.
Shamshir(vanilla rogue from University-studies): MC-BWL-AQ20,ZG
Dunno if I might have forgotten something :)

What i love with the raids:
I find hard challenging pve-encounters extremly enjoyable, also the community - to achieve something like defeting an hard encounter is very satisfying.

Raidready and gold:

Very raid ready, I always carry what I need to raid pots/flask and me Lucky Charm. And on the gold-situation I would say this: Having playing WoW for nearly 2years, you'll learn after that long time how to bring in the gold. Supply and demand :-)

Do u realy know what u are doing?
I would definately say I know what i am doing, trial and error and learning by doing. I also would like to add that I don't know all aspects of the game, that's the beauty of it, I love to learn new stuff and not afraid to ask and I strive to be helpful since it's my job to be helpful and available.

UI and Addons:
Standards, Titan, DBM, Omen, Pallypower

Do you have anyone we can speak with you about?
Tobletöble
Incompetence
Butchyberit

What would I bring to Cráb People:
An opened mind, being coherent and strive to perform at my very best.

Anything you want to say to the guild?
Thanks for taking the time to read through my app, I know it's long but you made it down all the way! *handing out cookies*
nomnom

Best regards

Post subject: Re: Retribution paladin 80
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:09 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:40 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:30 pm 

wth ur university teacher told u to ding a lvl 20 char and write an essay ..wierd :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 pm 
Casual

Currently full on paladins, There for Declined

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:30 pm