[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [DECLINED] Cylens - Mage

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [DECLINED] Cylens - Mage
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:06 am 

Character: Cylens

Spec: FB/ttw, my preferred secondary spec is arcane, but it would change around depending on the fight being worked on, frost for vezax hardmode etc.

/played time: 130 days on my mage, about 200 or so overall.

Previous guilds and raiding experience:

For the vast majority of my time on WoW I have been in a single guild, so there isn't an enormous amount to say here.

Rebirth(Agamaggan): More of a casual raiding guild, completed ZG and MC but nothing more. At this point I didn't raid seriously. A few weeks after BC was released i transferred to Hellscream to join a guild with friends. Eventually i decided to raid more seriously so looked for a better guild.

Evil Dead(Hellscream): Joined during tier 4 content. Progressed through tier 4, 5, and 6, becoming an officer in the guild during tier 6 i think, but can't completely remember. Achieved fairly solid progression killing everything in the tiers reasonably quickly, however, during tier 6, due to several core players leaving, signups deteriorated and progression slowed down, and eventually the guild was forced to stop raiding a few weeks prior to the 3.0 patch, with hyjal cleared and up to RoS in BT. Recruited more people in WLK and cleared tier 7 including sarth+3 (which i managed to go to every raid night except for the time we downed him...) During ulduar a repeat performance of tier 6 happened. Recruiting good players to replace bad/inactive ones was very difficult on a bad server like hellscream, and it was difficult to get a full raid of players that could manage hardmodes. Eventually the guild leader decided to step down, because he didn't want the job after leading the guild after 3.5 years, and the guild more or less broke up and became social. Free of responsibilities to the guild, i decided to look for a new more hardcore guild to be a part of.

Extra raid experience notes: I raidlead a 10 man for 1-2 days a week which downed nearly all the hardmodes, and I also have experience of raidleading 25 man ulduar, but became a raidleader only a week or so before the GM stepped down, and so only lead a few runs through 25 man.

Ventrilo: Setup with Microphone working.

Raid times: 19:00-24:00 everyday except saturday, i have no problems with managing these raid times, my old guilds raid times were almost the same and i raided 6-7 days a week there because of 25 mans and 10 mans i was leading.

IRL name: Jack

Connection Stability: 9/10, have only had internet go down beyond just reverting to the login screen once in 4 years of playing WoW, and it very rarely disconnects to login screen anyway.

Where/how did you find out we're recruiting?: Was looking for a new guild and found it on wowprogress

level 80 alts Armory URLs:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... am&n=Zooni
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Sheepgobaa
both ungeared and pretty useless, put most of my time into my mage at level 80, was more active on alts at 70

Professions: Enchanting & JCing, use them just for the self buffs. Also have cooking to keep a supply of fish feasts.

UI reasoning: I only have spells that will be necessary in combat on the showing bars to give a slightly better clarity of view during combat, things i won't need in combat are all under shift-scroll on different bars. I change things around a bit for gimmicky spells such as fire/frost ward that aren't necessary on most fights but are useful if i'm about to die without an incoming heal or ice block on something like mimiron or hodir

Rotations: The FB/ttw which i use as a main spec isn't incredibly difficult to use, but it's the top dps spec at the moment and so i'm using it unless other specs are better.

Keeping living bomb up on the boss is necessary, due to it being the best damage/cast time spell in the spec, then just spam fireball and hope for hot streaks, if living bombs just finishing when i get a hot streak I reapply the bomb at the end of the current cast, then use pyro to minimize ignite munching as much as i can. gems and evocate to keep mana up, and if required to move for any reason, fire blast can help add a small amount of mobile dps in a very stationary dps spec, as well as reapplying living bomb if possible. Combustion and mirror image aren't brilliant cooldowns, but still use combustion early on so i can get some use out of it a few times in a fight. Mirror image does very little damage but is just about worth the GCD on a fight where the images are unlikely to die instantly, or can be used to soak up raid damage so someone else doesnt have to.

Addon list relevant to UI and raiding:
Dominos
Grid
MageAlert
Omen
Pitbull
Quartz
Recount
Scorchio2
SCT
Sexymap
DBM

Will download any extras required, but I think the ones i use pretty much covers raiding

Why should we recruit you?: I have played the game since a few weeks after release and have had experience in most tiers of raiding, I know my class mechanics as well as i can, im always prepared for raids with flasks and necessary potions , i make sure i know tactics to bosses beforehand and for new bosses i can notice things happening and react accordingly. I don't make the same mistake twice, and I do everything in my ability to not make that mistake the first time.

Sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes, think i've proof read it through, but i'll have missed something somewhere.

Post subject: Re: Cylens - Mage
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 am 

Do you have any logs to show how you perform in raids? Theorycrafting about spell rotation and prioritizing is one thing, showing it is another : )

Also, we got 5 mages already even though most of them are slacking off 'cuz its summer' so i dont know if the officers would want more mages. Goodluck with your app though : )

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 am 

afraid I couldn't get a WWS or anything. I tried WWS's during tier 7 and there was no interest for it in my guild so I stopped. I only started looking for a guild after my previous one had collapsed, and not having written an app since tier 4, i'd sort of forgotten what I needed for one and so was unable to record something from 25 man beforehand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:09 pm 
Ex-Officer

- Your gear is good enough, but it ain't optimally enchanted and socketed. You should be able to see this your self.
- Your main spec is fine, but your choice of glyphs and talents in your Vezax frost spec is a bit worrying. Your not supposed to even use ice barrier, and not optimizing the up time of your pet is a pure dps loss compared to what you gain from the other talents you have chosen. Also, no glyph of frost bolt?

Fix these things and I'll come back to you.

Enigma.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:33 pm 

well, the vezax spec was for one 10 man, I had to make it on short notice and was unable to find a glyph of frostbolt on the AH or in the guild. Took the points in ice barrier because the dps on the boss was fine and we were using 2 healers so i was trying to mitigate a bit more damage on the animus. As for the rest of the spec, i made it very quickly to test it out so didn't manage to read up on frost, just knew frost was meant to be best for vezax, so copied a frost spec quickly and dropped the replenishment for things more suited to vezax, have always used fire/FFB/arcane at 80, so didn't know the value of keeping water elemental out longer. Ive switched that spec over to a hardmode arcane build now, magic resistances and incanter's absorption etc. while trying to lose the least important talents.

As for gemming and enchanting, think i should have that right now, dont know why i didn't notice the bracer enchant, but thats +30 now, also swapped JCing gems around a bit to keep the best socket bonuses, and changed a sp gem to sp and haste to get the hit rating set bonus, giving me the last 2 hit rating i needed to get the hitcap

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:38 am 
Ex-Officer

Declined.

I'm sorry, but we are full on mages atm.

Enigma.