[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - Resto Druid Application.

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Resto Druid Application.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 pm 

My character:

Race: Tauren
Class: Druid
Main Talent spec: Restoration
Secondary Talent spec: Balance

Main spec armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&n=Zortra

If wow armory doesnt work then try this: http://www.armory-light.com/eu/Twisting ... er/Zortra/

Secondary spec profile: http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/145616

Who am I?

My name is Malcolm Janurberg, I am 18 years old and I have just begun my last year in senior high school. I am born and live in Sweden, currently living in a suburb in the outskirts of the capital city, Stockholm. My personal character is very much reflected in the game, I constantly strive for perfection and beat myself to pieces if I fail. But outside of the stresses of life I am a nice person who likes to have a good time and socialize with people I enjoy to be with. I am not the kind of person to just log on during raid hours but when I have the time I try to be online for some random event or just chatting with people.

What lies behind me getting to every raid?

I go to school during the workdays and finish around 4 pm and get home at 5 pm. I plan my workdays to make sure I can raid from Monday to Friday. The weekends aren’t ever a problem and considering that you have Saturday as an off day makes it even less of a problem. During my years as a hardcore raider I have been able to keep up a 95-100% attendance in raids, which means that my scheduling has been successful. The 5% margin, which occurs, is due to various days before important tests when further studying is needed over the 5pm-6pm hour I spend during the workdays of a normal week.

What do I expect from Cráb People?

What I expect is a tightknit stable raiding guild with good players but also a good social enviroment. I simply expect what you most likely expect of a new recruit: Quality.

Keybindings:

I try to keep every single healing/dispelling spell in my mouse, using the popular addon Clique, using this mouse over click system is a serious boost for anyones healing, especially in tricky situations when a heal needs to be thrown off quick. Hopefully this picture helps explain my workstation, more known as a computer mouse.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/ ... useapp.jpg

The key to fast healing is to keep everything close to you making sure you have quick access to your most vital spells, the healing touch spamming days are over and now a variety of spells need to be used and in a very rapid pace as well. Therefore I try to make sure that my most common spells are VERY close by like for example rejuvenation, wild growth and swiftmend which are my most common used spells, they can be activated from a simple mouse click.

Then I also have my keyboard bindings, I use a few abilities on these buttons and they get switched around for quicker access depending on each encounter I face, but my general keybindings on my keyboard are:

§: Dash Macro (CatformàDash)
F: Healthstone
T: Rebirth
G: Runic Mana Potion
X: Runic Healing Potion
V: Barkskin

Abilities that sometimes are put in instead of some these are:

Natures Swiftness+ Healing Touch Macro, Entanglings Roots, Wrath, Moonfire, Innervate and Starfire.

How do I heal?

What I enjoy with the druid class is the various different ways you can handle a situation, there is in many cases not one strict way to recieving a encounter, its the ability to understand a encounter that defines a good resto druid.

Before a raid encounter has even been started the tank/tanks have been prehotted with rejuvenation, regrowth and a full stack of lifeblooms, hence the tank healers with casting spells have time to get in position without having to worry about the tank/tanks dying in the initial 2 seconds.

I tend to vary my way of healing depending on how a encounter looks like, for example on Thorim hardmode, during the Sif phase I keep up regrowth, rejuv and a full stack of lifeblooms on the tank. After this I constantly keep wild growth on cooldown spamming at all times on the raid and topping them off with nourish. Now the reason I choose to heal like this during this encounter is because the dmg that occurs is large hence it needs to be topped of quick before the next wave occurs.

Compare this for example to my Iron Council steelbreaker healing and it is very different. The damage to the raid besides the tanks is not large compared to Thorim but it is constant, which means spamming Nourish is just completely worthless comparing to other effective spells you could be using. Hence healing over time spells is the only way I choose to embrace this encounter as a raid healer. I keep rejuvenations on the entire raid, spamming wild growth whenever it is off cooldown. At the same time I keep a close eye on the tanks which are regurarly taking large hits of damage, throwing a quick swiftmend every cooldown could be the difference between a wipe and a kill.

Those two encounters are very different for me healing wise especially which is the reason I have chosen them. I also think that these two encounters showcase a general idea of the different ways of healing a hardmode ulduar raid encounter for a resto druid.

How do I prepare myself?

I have a special rule I have kept to myself since I started to raid: Make sure you got everything you need, then double the amount. This includes both my raiding character and my bank, making sure the distant future is also covered. In raids I have these consumables in my bag:

40x Flask of the Frost Wyrm
20x Runic Mana Potion (At least)
20x Tender Shoveltusk Steak (40 stamina, 46 spellpower) or Firecracker Salmon
20x Spellpower Elixir
20x Fish Feast
10x Flask of Pure Mojo

I also read up on everything there is to be read on a encounter, what you dont know can harm you and decrease your performance, I try to keep that from happening. I must also say that I am not a perfect player, I dont believe anyone is. I try to constantly keep up with the latest news that effect the game and my own character in particular. You cant know everything, and sometimes a input from another player from a guide or forum post can help you develope or evolve your personal way of healing. Remaning isolated in your own personal view doesnt work and you need to be open minded to changes that occure.

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving:

Son Of Gruul (Sunstrider): My first raiding guild, left because I took a 6 month break from the game. 100% attendance rating in raids. (3 raids a week)

Nurofen Plus (Twisting Nether): My first raiding guild on the twisting nether server, left because of lack of focus in raids and slack from leaders. 98% attendance rating in raids. (3 raids a week)

Massive Attack (Twisting Nether): First hardcore raiding guild with my current char, left because I had personal issues to handle, came back to the game 3 months later for Wotlk. 100% attendance rating in raids. (5-6 raids a week)

The Ten (Twisting Nether): I decided to join this guild to raid casually but after raiding I got a crave for some hardcore raiding again.

Lotto (Twisting Nether): This guild helped me evolve as a player and I have enjoyed being in the guild very much. But now the good times seems to have escaped me and I simply dont enjoy playing in the guild anymore. This is largely because of the merge that happened a bit more than a month ago which has in my opinion made the guild a quite dull place to be in. I really love raiding, it is one of my great passions in gaming but Im not the person to just sit and play like som robot then logoff until the next day, this is still a MMO meaning I would like to play with people I like also.

This has lead me to look for a guild that embrace top kills as much as the social part of this game. As I have read you pvp and such during non raid hours, this means that there is a social connection in the guild which I would very much like to be apart off if possible.

Raid experience:
Nightelf Hunter (Pre tbc): Cleared: ZG/Aq20/MC/Bwl/Aq40 (Cthun on 50% phase 2)/ Naxxramas (Instructor and Anub Rek´Han). This was before the major tbc patch 1.5 months before the expansion went live.

Tauren Druid (Tbc and Wotlk): Cleared: Kara/SSC/TK/MH/BT/SW (Tries on Kalecgos, best try with me present 22%-24%). All this is of course before the supernerf wotlk patch.

Wotlk: Have got both the pre 3.1 patch drake achievements. Have also done all the hardmodes including Algalon except I still havent done Yogg Saron 1 light.

Why do I play this game?

Even at a very young age I was a hardcore gamer, it started with Age of Empires for 3 years before I eventually fell for the group pressure and started playing Counter Strike for many years. Being a member in a clan consisting only of close friends we all played the same games, at this time mostly Counter Strike. In early 2005 when WoW went live in Europe most of my friends started playing and got stuck. Soon enough there was no more talk about Counter Strike or any other games for that matter. I was not a big fan of rp games but eventually in the late summer of 2005 I purchased the game and sure enough I was hooked for life.

Because of the huge lack of past MMO experiences it took me a long time to get used to the gameplay of rp games and it was only in early 2006 that I reached level 60 nearly 1 year after the first 40-man raids had started worldwide. A heavy learning curve still remained and I found myself learning something new everyday when playing my ally hunter which was my first char created. Luckily enough I was in a good guild which had barely started raiding when I dinged 60 with good people that helped me with the basics of raiding and even the basics of the game itself which I had ignored. I felt already in my first raid ever in Molten Core that this was far better than anything I had ever experienced gaming wise. The feeling of working together with 39 and now 24 other people is easily described as, Epic. This lead me to begin my hardcore gaming style in WoW mainly focused on PvE. When playing in my first guild which was casual I felt early on that I had exceeded my “teachers” the people that had initially helped me with the game. It lead me to feel like I was the only one doing that little extra, getting that smaller increasing enchant, getting the extra gold needed for consumables, farming that extra instance. What is important for me in this game is that I feel challenged, even though getting shiny loot is nice there is nothing better for me than getting a first kill on a tough boss. Loot is mainly a bonus of the achievement itself. This is the main reason I raid, to play a game I enjoy with people I like, killing bosses which seem impossible.

My Computer:

I am sadly quite a computer geek and try to make sure that the hardware I am using is first class making sure that performance issues simply dont exist when playing.

CPU: Core i7 920, 4 cores, 2,67 ghz each, overclocked a little bit so got it on 3,4 ghz each core.
Memory: 3*2gb memory, 1866 mhz each memory stick. (WoW sucks up memory like Keith Richards... you know the rest).
Graphic Card: Xfx Ati Radeon HD 4870 XXX edition
Monitor: 24 inches, Benq V2400W LCD Monitor.

My UI:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/ ... 222146.jpg

I try to keep the UI as clean as possible leaving as big of a view as I can to play from, I have seen to many “game boy” Uis that just make me cringe inside, I try to avoid that as much as I can.

My professions:

I have leatherworking and enchanting maxed out and am very happy with them. With leatherworking I have the +76 spellpower enchant on bracers which was the main reason I decided to keep the profession after the burning crusade.

Enchanting is my most favourite profession simply because I always disliked having to go to someone in order to get a enchant. Its much more comfortable to have on your own character and most importantly the ring enchants give a 23 spellpower boost each.

I have also maxed out all secondary professions, fishing, cooking and first aid are all at 450 skill.

Thanks very much, over and out! Any questions you might have I am ready to answer.

Post subject: Re: Resto Druid Application.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:16 am 
Casual

Can we use this application as an example of what to do?

Not sure how it will be handeled by the officers in matters of trial, but my compliments on a well made, solid, application.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:40 am 

as said above, a solid and well done application, good luck :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:37 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 pm 
Casual

We have seen your app and are discussing it.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:54 pm 

Send you a Pm on the forums read it!.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]