[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] X-realm Warlock - Firedeath

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] X-realm Warlock - Firedeath
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:17 am 

Name: Firedeath

Nationality: Portuguese

Internet Connection: up to 100Mb/sec

Armory: <--- currently on Ghostlands as you see.

Relevant Experience:

Have done all but Anub'arak on 10man ToC Hc (although knowing the tactics for it and what my role is most of the times on the fights) and done Beasts of Northrend on ToC 25man Hc (basically because that's what the guild members, as a team, were capable of doing, depending on our gear / experience on the fights).
Also have completed every hardmode but Mimiron, Freya and Yogg-Saron on 25man Ulduar, and therefore, haven't yet reached Algalon 25. Nonetheless, i am fully aware of the fight's tactics.
As regards 10man Ulduar, i have completed every hard mode, just not Mimiron, because i never got chosen to the raid when we were to do it and i haven't as well done Algalon because i have only been there for a couple of tries during one week, being left out on every other Algalon attempt due to some guild reasons i will explain later on this post.

Previous guilds and reasons for leaving (or for being about to leave at the moment):

HordeToDeath (Ghostlands): It was simply a casual guild and therefore it wasn't the type of guild i was willing to be in. Did all of Naxx's bosses while i was part of it.

Casual Raiding (Ghostlands): Despite its name, the guild actually made some nice attempts on bosses when Ulduar first came out, but serious drama corrupted the guild and it almost came out to be disbanding, so i left before such thing happened.

Blood and Tears (Ghostlands): The guild i am currently in and best one on the Horde side of our realm. I have done most of the Ulduar hard modes and achievements while on this guild and got loads of great gear. Some of its members are really helpful and willing to cheer up people when something happens but, on the other hand, there are others (including officers), who usually look down at some players because of being so arrogant, and sometimes even end up insulting those players. At the precise moment, the guild is passing through such a time, where people are just quitting the game and/or leaving guild. Therefore, our roster is getting smaller and our need to find new experienced players is getting higher. What's more, those players we recruit, sometimes don't even have the experience we would like them to have, and some end up being declined during the trial and others are kept in the guild just because we lack those classes / specs.
And thats the problem...Many of those players who are being accepted to the guild recently do not reach our standards and i'm not willing to degrade our raiding level just to being able to raid (or wipe, most likely) during the week.

Some more details:

I have a lot of experience at using the well-known 0/13/58 or 3/13/55 Destruction specs and i have my secondary spec as Affliction in case i'm needed to do ISB (Improved Shadow Bolt). I do recognise Affliction's dps is not as good as Destro's, unless using a Doomguard.
I use gear optimising programs such as Rawr, in order to be able to do the best Damage Per Second as possible.
I like to raid and to improve in whatever i am doing wrong while raiding. I am willing to listen to other player's advices and to make the best out of them. I also want to participate in raids where everyone is focused most of the time in order to do our best.

Professions:

Tailoring - As far as i have seen, the cloak enchant is the one which gives the most dps increase and, therefore, i use Tailoring for that matter exactly.

Enchanting - I have been enchanter since i have created this character one year and half ago. Although i know JC is better, because it gives 2 extra spellpower in comparison to Enchanting. However, in some cases, where i would prefer to put another gem rather than +39 sp, i wouldn't be able to, since it'd nerf my dps. (Of course, this only happens in rare situations)

Consumables usually brought to raids:

Flask of the Frost Wyrm x 5/6 to 10
Potion of Speed x 10 to 15
Potion of Wild Magic x 10 to 15
Fish Feasts (from time to time)
Soul Shards x 32 (Full of course, always or well...most of the time. But always above 20)
Tender Shoveltusk Steak x 10 to 15 (When i need to eat my own food)
Some random Battle and Guardian Elixirs x 5 to 10 (Haste Elixir /Spellpower Elixir/ Spirit Elixir or Draenic Wisdom, etc.)

How i play my spec:

My spec focuses on having a high amount of haste in order to cast many spell in a small amount of time (with Backdraft also, whenever i use Conflagrate) and also focuses on being able to do high crits, and therefore, stats priority comes as follows:

Hit (Until capped) > Spellpower > Haste > Crit > Spirit > Intellect

The rotation /priority i always use is:

Curse of Doom (when target's time to die is over 60 secs; CoA otherwise) > Immolate > Chaos Bolt > Conflagrate > Incinerate (as filler until next Chaos Bolt / Conflagrate comes out of cooldown)

I refresh Immolate everytime it runs out, and i give priority to Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt always whenever out of cooldown.
Depending on the fights, i will choose either to use or not Curse of Doom in the start of the rotation, or right after Conflagrate.
While moving, i use to cast Corruption or CoA if the time to die of the target is less than 60 seconds.
I use life tap usually before the fight starts (in order not to mess up the rotation) and to refresh the life tap buff (3/13/55 spec) whenever needed. Nowadays, some calculations even say the Life Tap Glyph is worth for the 0/13/58 spec.

As a Destro Warlock, by being a pure dps class, i am not really giving any support to the raid. However, as Affliction, i can do the 5% crit debuff on bosses (ISB) whenever needed as referred above.

I gem mostly for raw Spellpower when the socket bonus is mediocre or not worth enough.
On orange sockets (depending on the socket bonus), i usually gem for +12sp +10 haste.
On red sockets i always gem for +23sp. And, finally, on blue sockets i usually gem for +23sp, just not if i only have two blue sockets, on which i need then to use +12sp +10spirit, in order to activate the Meta gem (+21crit +3% crit dmg).

Raid times availability:

I have been looking at 'Cráb People's raid times and from what i've seen, i can conclude that i can raid at least 4 out of 5 times a week, and in some cases, 5 even. Maybe on some particular weeks i would have to make exceptions and stay out on a raid of a certain day.

Ventrillo:

I have it installed and running since i do hardcore raiding, and i have a microphone, so as to be able to speak through it.

WWS reports or any other logs:
I have some logs from some raids in this website, called World of Logs:

Other Notes and closing in:

I have to clearly state that this application is of course a normal application, and therefore i would like comments and would like to know if i'd get accepted or not. In case i would be accepted, i will need some time to talk to the person who runs my account (in this case, one of my parents, because i dont have a credit card, yet!) so as to know if i would be able to transfer realm from Ghostlands to here. And of course, to sort out the reasons for why i would be leaving my current guild. Don't be sad if i get accepted and because of something after that i cannot transfer server. :(

Yours sincerely,

Firedeath

Post subject: Re: [On Hold] X-realm Warlock - Firedeath
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 am 

Oh and something i'd like to add. I do know Psykewne from when he was in Blood and Tears, and i have to say he is a great guy and a great player too (wouldn't say the same about his bird though, hehe :P).
I thought this could be used as a factor to back me up of course.

Post subject: Re: X-realm Warlock - Firedeath
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:34 am 
Casual

We are currently full on warlocks.
Thank you for your application and the best of luck finding a guild.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "