Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [WITHDRAWN] Trizade - Hunter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:14 am 

Personal Information

Nationality: English
Contact: aj13indy@hotmail.com (Msn & E-mail), Trizade (Steam)
Internet Connection: 16mb and stable, oh most of all wired!
Computer: Vista, Intel Core 2Duo E6550, GeForce 8600GS.
Playing Hours: I'm on the computer at least 50-60 hours per week, around 12pm-3am (times vary). Acording to steam i sometimes play 156 hours per 2 weeks so i'm extremely dedicated if not on wow, then always at the PC. My availability to raids are anytime, whenever. I have nothing and nothing foreseeable restricting my raiding hours or times and I will be there every raid.
Hobbies: Gaming, Football, Movies. Three simple ways to sum me up!
Occupation: Unemployed, however will be doing some day-time work that won't affect raiding hours in the future.
Personality: Determined, passionate, all or nothing (my application an example of that i hope), extremely reasonable & adaptable, fast learner, understanding, leadership qualities, great social laugh ;).

Character Information

Name: Trízade
Realm: Burning Steppes
Race: Blood Elf (Both regrettably and temporary)
Class: Hunter
Spec: Survival (Looking storngly at MM once the gear is in place as i don't have the current ArP from any of my current gear or gear in the bank to aim for the minimum of 60% reduced Armour where MM becomes better respectively then SV). For now SV still puts out more than good enough numbers. Dual-spec'd currently with two SV specs, one with AS for doing Toc10 Anub and FC. In the future i want to be able to use whichever spec will be not better for just the raid, but the specific fight we are on..
Current Gear: Certainly room for improvement in terms of ToC Loot, ring needs replacing but never drops, or if it has, i have never won it! Fairly good pre-toc gear though and certainly 25 Algalon ready. Most important thing aswell is not neccesary the best item in every slot, but how you use your gear adapting to your playstyle and find the best possible overall stats.
Armoury - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... %C3%ADzade
UI Screenshot - http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9378/olduiw.jpg (This had been my UI for three years until this week -> my new one) http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2468/newuivh.jpg
Original owner: Yes
Does anyone share my account details: No and i intend to keep it that way.
Total Time played: 175 days (Hunter-TBC&Wotlk), 47 days (Priest-TBC) 52 days (Mage-Vanilla)
Professions: Leatherworking and Skinning (Subject to change) I do have all Ulduar patterns and a few ToC. Skinning providing me with a 1% crit buff, and LW the additional AP.
WWS Logs: http://wowwebstats.com/pk65wdfksfor5 - is my most recent raid it was in a pug 25, however the report has seemed to screwed itself up (during this raid i wasn't using consumables so DPS output can be far better 6-7k on standard boss fights). I stuck out 6.8k on Korolan last reset, will see if i can pop you a log when i next go there.

World of Warcraft Experience
Player vs Environment (PvE)

My PvE experience doesnt stretch far back through Vanilla as i only picked the game up 2 months before TBC.

Vanilla -
ZG, AQ20, Ony and MC all cleared. Experience in BWL.

TBC -
SSC 6/6, TK 4/4, MH 5/5, BT 9/9, SWP 5/5
Mu'ru world 78th - July 11th (pre 2.4.3. nerf)
KJ world 89th - July 29th (Pre nerf)
Eu Horde PvE 2nd Position during TBC.

Wotlk -
Malygos world 37th
Naxx + Sarth 3D's cleared.
Vault of Archavon 3/3.
Ulduar (10) 12/13 9/9 HM's Algalon 33%.
Ulduar (25) 12/13 5/9 HM's People failing at shadow crash, frost bomb, Unstable Energy prevented futher progress. Have experience on hitting Mimiron HM enrage, Freya +3 wiping and Vezax, killed the Saronite Aminus.
ToC (10) 5/5, Hardmodes 4/5, expected 5/5 by the next reset.
ToC (25) 4/5 Pugs fail at Anub on this realm (have not been in a 25 man guild since ToC release), not one guild has managed even 10 Algalon yet.

Player vs Player(PvP) - Dull, I normally only PvP with my irl friends and don't get far as PvE is my passion (Strategy, perfection, effort and determination), for actuall PvP, i tend to play FPS's :>. TF2, Cod4+5 an example of favourited ones.

Previous Guilds

I have been in around 5 guilds in total i believe not including friend guilds or temporary 10 man raiding ones. My current guild is a social guild with no raiding intentions.

Nemesis during most of the start of TBC, was raid leader during BT+MH & the server first Illidan on that realm the guild went downhill with alot of key players and core officers leaving before SWP was out because of various personal reasons, so i too left to find a new home. Origin during SWP, finished 89th worldwide after killing KJ. I left to take a small break before Wotlk began to finish up my A-level studying. Joined Incorporated at the start of Wotlk, managed world 37th on Malygos. I then took a small break for 3 months after we cleared all available content as the guild transferred away and I opted not to follow suit as the realm had been my home for 3+ years and i wasn't prepared at that time to leave my friends. Since then I was raiding casually with friends in Untamed Brutality of which i became the raid leader and an officer when Ulduar was released. Recently that guild disbanded due to the guild master wanting to call a day on the guild with 6-8 people wanting to go casual with college comming up. Since then Toc was released and I am only raiding 10 man with friends and pugging the 25's, I am searching far and wide now for a place to call home to all the challenges that await in Icecrown and beyond.

So Why Crab People Then?

I'm once again looking to play with people who are the top dog in each his or her field. I enjoy playing alongside the best players and feel i can slot in just perfectly without needing time to show my best or adjust. I'm looking to compete for a high worldwide and realm ranking. Playing at the highest level is what you are doing and exactly where I want to be. I always come best prepared, mentally and with consumables, I like to know in advanced what I am up against. I'm always using spreadsheets, always playing around with stats to find the best possible damage i can output, i find myself quite a perfectionist. I would expect to be pushed to my very limits of my playing ability and tested not as an individual but part of a top notch squad. You can expect me to continuously improve, take critics without throwing my toys out the pram and you'll find me hovering around alot on vent out of raids. I would expect nothing else than the above from everyone else. I however don't know anyone who would be able to vouch for me in guild. You can refer to my current social guild for previous members of Untamed Brutality who can vouch for me.

So Why Should You Pick Me?

I feel that my 175 days mean that i have seen my class through thick and thin through TBC and Wotlk, i really enjoy the hunter class alot, being a pure DPS class there is nothing more thrilling than seeing those numbers rise! Misdirects are part of my common game along with the unique part of our class allowing us to keep up high numbers while dealing with the likes of orbs on twins and guardians on Yogg+0. A hunter class is very easy to play, but few can master the class completely. The only regret is my race being a BELF, i am going to change my race as soon as the feature is implemented. I feel that i am very adpaptable, a fast learner and a quick thinker (absolute necessities at this level). I have a very large understanding and understand expectations 110% at this level. I won't make basic fundamental errors, frost bombs, shadow crashes, sanity, and most of all i can put out the numbers. I consider myself to be better than the level i have been playing at for this past year as a hunter, and to just be given an oppertunity to show that would be appreciated as i won't let you or myself down, afterall a trial period is to see actions speak louder than words.

Thanks for taking the time to read this application and hope to hear from you soon, please don't hesitate to respond if there is anything else you wish to know! I shall be hovering around here for time to come!
Regards, Alex.

Post subject: Re: Trizade - Hunter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:18 am 

On reflection thought it might be worth adding in my ALT from TBC i have been leveling from time to time.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... s&n=Trizor (Priest)

Cheers again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Decent app. Gear looks nice too. One question though, and i'll admit first that I don't know much about hunters, but why aren't you gemming for a bit of ArP (500ish) in combination with an ArP trinket (Mjolnir / Grim Toll), like our current hunters have done?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:50 am 

Very simply ArP is not a great prioity stat for a SV hunter, but it's a must as an MM hunter.

As SV the most important stats are Agility then AP + Crit then Haste, then ArP because Explosive Shot is 40% of my overall damage, Black Arrow & Serpent Sting 12%, My pet 11% of my overall DPS which also gains nothing from ArP however it does with AP. So only 35% of my overall DPS is affected as Survival by ArP whereas haste is a much better attribute. I think it's 0.8 DPS per haste gained until until the soft cap is hit, then you want to fill the rest in with ArP. The flaw with the spec is Explosive Shot only gains from AP.

Grim Toll (If i wasn't hit capped which i am) is a 20 DPS decrease over the Darkmoon Card Greatneess, however a 23 DPS increase over my Wraithstone. As i'm hit capped it's quite a loss. Also the ability to controll when to use my Wraithstone allows me to maximize the buff provided, having Grim proc at less prefered times like say moving from cosmic smash (limiting dps) can infact also make the trinket inadaquate over wraithstone for that reason. Being able to pop both Rapid and Wraith at the sametime is a great synergy for even more damage modified or being able to pop Wraith say during twins when you gain the massive damage buff is a good example.

The best trinkets available to my current spec are Dark Matter and Death's Verdict which is unsuprising when you see both of them bring almost 600 extra AP combined, self buffed with just those two additions would give me 6k AP self buffed which is a 153 DPS increase over my current two trinkets. Mjolnir Runestone and Death's verdict on the other hand are the best available for an MM hunter statistically.

But in relation to your original question which knowing me i have probably blabbered on too long ^^. Everytime i regem 20 Agility for 20 ArP i loose 12 DPS as ArP (35% of my DPS) affected vs loosing both AP + Crit (Scaling with kings 65% of my DPS) is the reasoning behind that on the spreadsheet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:07 am 

Forgot again i could edit my post :(

Initially for SV (Until it became clear MM was going to be better in the longer run) this was my original planning for gear ->

Melee: (10 Anub) [Anguish] + 20 Agility + 20 Agility + 110 AP
Head: (Trophy+75) [Windrunner's Headpiece of Triumph] + 21 Agility + 10 Agility, 10 Crit
Neck: (25 Jaraxxus) [Charge of the Eredar]
Shoulder: Achieved.
Back: (25 Beasts) [Cloak of the Untamed Predator] + 22 Agility
Chest: (Trophy+75) [Windrunner's Tunic of Triumph] + 20 Agility, + 10 Agility, 10 Crit, + 10 Stats
Wrist: (4 Crusader Orb) [Crusader's Dragonscale Bracers] + 10 Stats, + 130 AP
Hands: (Korolan/Trophy+45) [Windrunner's Handguards of Triumph] + 10 Agility, 10 Crit + Agility
Waist: (25 Anub) [Belt of Deathly Dominion] + 10 Agility + 10 Hit, + 20 Agility
Legs: (Korolon/Trophy+75) [Windrunner's Legguards of Triumph] + 20 Agility, + 10 Agility, + 10 Stamina + 75 Crit + 22 Crit
Feet: (10 Jaraxxus) [Sentinel Scouting Greaves] + 20 Agility + 20 Agility + 12 Hit, 12 Crit
Ring: (10 Jaraxxus) [ Planestalker Signet] + 20 Agility
Ring: (25 Champions) [Ring of Callous Aggression]
Trinket: (25 Twins) [Death's Verdict]
Trinket: (10 Algalon) [Dark Matter]
Ranged Weapon: Achieved.

Subject to change it provides close to if not the best DPS for a SV hunter with all available gear.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:23 pm 
Ex-Officer

Surprised Lactose hasn't replied yet. Noticed a couple things though.

Nightmare Tear + Rigid King's Amber + Shifting Dreadstone

Seems a bit of a waste to have the Nightmare Tear when you have the yellow + purple gems.

Other thing is, what pet do you use?

Noticed your wolf has a pretty odd spec with Charge and HotP when you could gain an extra 6% crit. Your cat also seems a bit odd in the fact it has 3/3 in Great Stamina at the cost of 1 point in avoidance and both points in Cobra Reflexes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:48 pm 
Casual

Please elaborate on/explain the following:
- Survival specs (Noxious Stings, Hunting Party).
- Gemming.
- Pet & spec.
- Lock 'n' Load procs.

I wasn't able to gain much from looking at your log -- I seem unable to break the report into the seperate encounters, and just looking at your position in a PuG run doesn't really give me any information either. Would like to see a proper parse if you're able to provide one. In the meanwhile, what DPS could we expect from you on e.g. XT hard mode (25 man raid)?

If you were to swap to MM, what spec would you use, and how would this impact your gearing/gemming?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:10 pm 

The cat is only a pissabout pet, i don't actually have a need for it to be used over the wolf. On the other hand I have only noticed myself now i made an error on the Wolf's spec, it should be a point in Boar's Speed, not Charge (making changes to this now) as this abilitiy is vital from getting my pet out of a mimiron shock blast or any of these melee unfriendly abilities. Rabid is infact by far and all the best damage talent if you could pick out just one for damage from the tree, it pvoides at least 300 additional DPS from my pet, this is far better than an additional 6% in crit. It may also be noticed my point in Heart of the Phoenix when it could go into additional damage futher and boost my pet's DPS by around another 90, however so many fights where the pet will die, without that talent the downtime lost for ressing isn't worth it and a dead DPS is 0 DPS, I have however in consideration been thinking dropping HotP for that damage increase, one shock blast from Mim, one fire, if i quickly take my eye of my pet it will die in majoirty of encounters and being the raid leader aswell, my pet is one of the last things i would keep an eye on so it would die from time to time. Apart from that my pet spec is the most optimal for maximum damage. My previous guild never had healers keep an eye on pets so it was pretty much a mend pet (also lost GCD) and HotP was a requirement but again will most likely change it out.

Nightmare tear for the Meta requirement on my headpiece. Even without the requirement i would still use it, instead of 20 agility, i gain 10 Agility, 12 AP from the socket bonus, an additional 13 AP from talents. So it's 20 AP vs 35 AP. + 20 Hit because without im not hit capped making that the best gem in that slot, +10 Agility, +15 Stamina because again it's 20 AP vs 27 AP talented. If crit should drop below a set % i would most likely change it out but it's statistically better DPS, by like 1-2 DPS i think so all in all it's not that huge a difference.

In relation to my spec, pre 2 set T9 bonus, it is infact proven to be the best survival DPS spec despite the optimal one most people have. Hunting party is great for replenishment but the main words in that text is the 3% agility. Noxious stings is not as great as they provide the same damage increase as hunting party, but don't provide the replenishment to go with it. Lock and Load? It's well a great talent nerfed as it has been once or twice now. It's important when this procs to use it correctly, ie - ES, MS, ES, SS, ES, leaving a GCD between each attack to maximize the affect of it.

It's quite annoying WWS has been playing up like that recently, all other logs have expired though after the 15 day inactive period. On a fight like XT? I would hope to be aiming for 7.5k-8k+ on XT this is of course under the assumption i don't get any nasty chains of Gravity Bombs or Light. I would try to grab you a better log but i'm out of raiding currently and pug's on this realm are going nowhere with Korolan atm.

Switching to MM needs to be done at the right time to avoid putiing out bad numbers until the gear is in place. I would use the standard 7/57/7 spec and regem to ArP entirely I also have some nice alternative MM gear in the bank but only 2-3 pieces atm, I would want at least 500-600 ArP before i make this change though to avoid too much DPS lost and would go aiming for around 1k ArP at least in the long run to maximize the affectiveness of the spec.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 am 
Casual

Please hold, I'll get back to you, although it might take 3-4 days.
In the mean time, I'd like to see some proper WWS logs if possible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:10 am 

I'll see if i can sneak in a 25 ToC + VoA run, will try to grab a log for you by tommorow night.