[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [WITHDRAWN] Starrchild - Holy Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [WITHDRAWN] Starrchild - Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 am 

Hello fellas, my turn to make an application ;)

ABOUT ME
The name's Tom Kagerin and I'm a 17 year old Swede enjoying life as a student. Well that is aside from my WoW life, where i've been stuck for quite a while. My interests include the usual stuff as games, computers and so on so I won't blow your minds by saying "cutting people up" or something...nah, I'm pretty much the usual guy. My personality is not one that gets attention, I've always been a guy who tends to be calm and don't make that much noises, but of course I have those moments when there are strong emotions. Don't really know what else to say, so I'll just carry on :)

MY WOW-HISTORY
I started playing around October 2006 for real, had played a couple of months before that on a lousy private server but decided that buying the real game would be hell of a lot funnier, so I did. At first I was as casual as you could be, until some time in 2007 when TBC had arrived and I took the playing to another level, which involved doing my first raid, which was Karazhan...boy, that were the times. At that time, I was playing a Warrior (Arlynn), a protection specced one on Boulderfist and people saw me as a very good one, despite me being a greenie. Also built a reputation on that server for being a nice guy who did what people asked me to. At that time I was very young though but people saw through that and some even though I was in the 20s. Time went by for a while and when patch 2.3 arrived, I picked up my hunter (Kesoria) and powerlevled it to 70 and was supposed to just PvP with it. But then my guild (Menethil Legacy) asked me if I could use that one sometimes (by that time we were progressing in TK), so I did. A week later that hunter became my main character and I built up some nice gear. You can check it out on http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Kesoria, i haven't changed that much on the gear because I never bothered levling it further. Anyways, we progressed in TK, SSC and such until I decided to leave due to personal issues.

But a month or so later I rejoined and by that time I also had a priest on level 70 (Darmeus) which I only played sometimes, maybe some pugs or so. Now we had ventured forth into MH and BT which were a big challenge. However I was the only active hunter which meant I had a lot of responsibilites, which my computer couldnt handle. I had to kite ghouls with 2-10 FPS, which meant that life was a pain, especially when nobody decided to heal me. I think that I joined for BT 2 times and got Najentus, Supremus and Shade of Akama down before I decided to quit entirely because 6 raids a week wasnt that attractive at that moment and I kinda wasted my whole summer 2008 because of it. Time went by, made my first character on Talnivarr, Clayman, another hunter. Wotlk arrived and I slacked as hell until I got my warrior and priest to 80. The warrior got abandonded though. I joined a pretty much hardcore guild called Consensio, while my priest was still half half epic geared which showed signs of me being a hot prospect. They didn't hesitate to bring me into Ulduar and Everything was pretty smooth, killed all bosses except Yoggy and Algalon. But then I gave them the bad news that I would reroll on Talnivarr and more or less leave them behind. I was asked to stay for raids for a few weeks because I was kinda needed too much. But then things collided and I had to leave permanently...which finally brings me to Starrchild! I had always wanted a paladin and didn't know why I never had one so that was the perfect choice for class. My end game expectations were mainly healing because everyone told me that I was a very good one, if not exceptional. After a short while I got to 80, finding myself in Delayed, a guild that was created by a friend of a friend, along with another friend...where I became an officer and took a lot of responsibility until the leaders game time ran out and I built up the guild mostly on my own and we became really big which eventually brought us into U10 where I was actually working mostly as a DPS because my other gears were below average. Then I got my tanking spec and started to off tank some and did a very good job even without any practice. But then me and a portion of the guild broke loose and formed Solitude with me as the supreme leader. After 5 days we downed Vezax on 10 man which made me realize that we had some real potential, but after that, we didnt get that much further, people left and we struggled in TotC. Oh and by then my main spec was holy because all those offspec-rolls I won payed of greatly which left me with pretty nice gear.

But I resigned because of a lot of issues I had with some of the members and felt that it was for the best. So I hooked up with Avenging Wrath after a while and joined up for the higher raids, but this doesn't really feel like a challenge and I want to play with the best, whom I know won't split up randomly. So the raids I've been doing is mostly everything, apart from less 25 mans, killing yoggy and algalon, and hard modes have never been on my guilds' schedule, so starting up with those would be quite interesting.

MY EXPECTATIONS AND WHY CHOOSING ME
I want to be part of one of the best (If not the best) guilds of the realm which everyone looks up to. I feel that I have the ambition and potential to be part of a skilled raiding team. I tend to read a lot about the game mechanics etc if theres something amiss with what I'm doing, and I always listen to what my superiors tell me, in short words, I'm very loyal and I bet that's something you want!

STARRCHILD
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Starrchild
The character is not an old one which means my experience as a paladin might be a bit questionable, but I've always made up for that by being one hell of a fast learner. I'm not stupid and I learn from mistakes. The gear is of majority over T8 level with the exception of rings and trinkets which have been a bit harder to replace. I got the T9 pants, gloves and shoulders and also a weapon from ToC10 which makes the gear just a tad more attractive :). As for my healing style, I tend to keep an eye on my mana and dont waste holy lights on random occasions since a flash-spam is more efficient in that case. Always been good at timing heals and determing what heals are necessary and if I need to pop anything. So why am I a holy paladin? Well I always loved being a healer and it was a shame that I never got to do much on my priest while on 70 so I figured being a healer full time would be awesome. And the great feedback I got from everyone got me going :) Also able to do some off-tanking, but that gear does not match up with my healing gear.

ACTIVITY LEVEL
Basically, I am here everyday, however if I dont have to exceed 4 days a week of raids, that would make me very happy. 19.00 is the time when I can show up and that makes your raid time very attractive. Weekends can depend but generally I'm availible. Only real flaw is that by 22.00 server time I need about a max 5 min break to get the dog out for a pee, but it rarely is more that.

RIG
AMD X2 6000+
Nvidia 7900GS (however a GTS 250 is on its way)
2x1024 mb RAM, corsair twin
ASUS M2N SLI deluxe
Windows XP 32 bit, never failed me, never will..
10/1,5 mbit ADSL, very rarely problems with it, but my wireless network tends to disconnect me from WoW sometimes.
Sennheiser headset with microphone, all versions of Ventrilo installed

Well I should probably go get some sleep now, If theres anything more you'd like to know, I'll gladly answer your questions. Oh and sorry for telling you my life story, realized now that it became a bit too much :D

Post subject: Re: Starrchild - Holy Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 am 
Casual

51 /5 / 15 !!! :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 am 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:11 pm 

My spec is weird, I know...and I was about to fix it but forgot about it. About that shit about flash spam, i meant that it would be more efficient in some situations...was very tired when I wrote this..

To Klogg, if you check http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Darmeus, you can clearly see that I have done ulduar 25. Starrchild has not, but I have. If you read my application, you can see that i wrote DARMEUS :)

The bosses I cleared in ulduar 25 were every one apart from yoggy and algalon, the same as in 10 man (If I recall right).

Oh and I also said 6 raids a week wasnt that attractive at THAT moment. I have shorter school days now and fewer tests, and I can have time with both raiding and school if I just put down time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:21 pm 

I withdraw my application, I think progression nights etc going past 0.00 will be a pain for me. So simply I don't have the time to stay up raiding the whole night :/