[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Garro Ret paladin in Sunstrider EU

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Garro Ret paladin in Sunstrider EU
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 pm 

Character info:

Character Name: Garro
Current realm: Sunstrider
Race: Human
Class: Retribution Paladin
Professions: Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting, to the fullest with some ToC plans. Which boosts my dps by adding higher strength gems and more sockets on my gear.
Armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... er&n=Garro

About me:

I am very easy going, understand my character very well, and always looking forward to that next challenge. I enjoy the aspect of mathematics associated to my attacks, and enjoy sharing a laugh with my guild mates. I also happen to put the guild's interest before mine.

Past history:

Previous guild(s):
Well I started playing in the U.S server when I was studying there, and was playing very casually with a horde warrior, however, a friend in real life have asked me to join him on Sunstrider, EU in an alliance guild called Nightshade since he and 2 other friends of his were high up the guild, but by the time I got there they have left the guild so I joined Disenfranchised Owls who were a casual raiding guild during Vanilla but disbanded right before The Burning Crusade went live. I have then had the fortune to join the Crazy Eightyeights on February 2007, back then I was a junior at the bank so my raiding were very limited but ever since I left the bank on October 2008 and started working in a much flexible firm, I have had more time for myself to raid and enjoy the content. Officially I have started raiding on February 2009 on almost daily basis, by that time the guild was the second best alliance guild on sunstrider, I worked myself up to DPS officer on August 2009. We have managed to clear most of Ulduar hardmode (5/9) and ToC hardmode (4/5).

Sadly, the GM and Raid Leader have decided to stop raiding, which put the guild in disarray. I have enjoyed playing with them but I guess there is always an ending to a nice story.

Raid experience and history:

Well, like I mentioned earlier, I have played as a warrior both times in the US and EU sunstrider (fulgrim) in a casual dps form. Cleared MC, some of BWL and ZG when TBC came out, after I joined C88s, we cleared Karazan, Grull, Megatharidon with my warrior, after which I rerolled to Retribution paladin due to the fact that I enjoyed the idea behind the class (using light . I did some SSC, TK, skipped BT, and did some bosses in SWP (post nerf).

In Woltk, we have cleared Naxxaramas, EOE, OS + 0 D, Ulduar hardmode (5/9), ToC HM (4/5). We have also cleared ulduar 10 man fully including Algalon. And did tribute to insanity for 10 man ToC.

Playtime:

Usual Playtimes: I usually log in after 18:30 as I tend to hit the gym after work, after that I am free till 23:00-0:00 (whenever the raid ends)

Reason for joining:

Well, I came from a highly progressive guild, so I am looking for progress, competition and enjoy raiding with good and decent people. 

Computer and internet information:

Computer specifications:

Duel Core Intel 3.08hz, 4 GB RAM, Duel Nvidia GTX 85s, 25 inch HD monitor.

Connection:

Currently, I’m subscribed to a DSL max service, which goes from 15mb-20mb depending on the traffic. Fiber Optics, are slow implementing to the nearby neighbor, hopefully I will get an upgrade soon but the latency is quite good as it is (100ms) but won’t say no to a better connection 

I don’t have any disconnection issues, but certain DCs every now and then like anyone else might occur, just not on a regular basis.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, I hope it has met your requirements and hope to hear from you soon.

p.s. I apologize in advance if I left anything unchecked, if there is any further information you might require please don’t hesitate to ask :)

Post subject: Re: Garro Ret paladin in Sunstrider EU
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 am 
Casual

Looks pretty good at a first glance, however such a thing as missing the minor lay on hands glyph gets me thinking (personally I love it lots) and the prot spec is a bit strange on some points. Anyway, worth a try I'd say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:07 am 
Casual

Do you have any worldoflogs report of your performance, prefer from heroic toc25?
What Raéns said.
Also dont u think 23 haste enchant on cloak would be better, faster attacks are always better then a minor crit increase.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 am 

Yeah very true, LoH glyph would be quite decent as a third glyph. Regarding haste, as I have done quite few testing, haste doesnt work well with my current weapon since it only applies on white damage attacks as far as Seal of Vengeance is concerned. It works very well with Seal of Command because of the cleaving effect but we barely use that besides mobs and certain bosses like kologarn. Crit however, I have noticed had a dramatic change on my dps, normally when I gear I try to avoid armor penetration and haste as much as possible unless it comes with critical strike rating, and even possibly strength instead of agility (given that Im hit and expertise capped). However, normally I enjoy discussing and testing with other retribution mates on the server, I dont let ego or pride affect my or other rets dps, so I'm very open minded in that aspect. Regarding the protection spec, its more lean towards aggro generation and its been talked about at failsafe alot, I personally like it (for the time being) because i have issue generating aggro with my gear, but I just looted Titanguard, so it might change, but bare in mind, I only help tanking sometimes in normal instances, and that has been only recently, given time, I might come up with a more convenient build that covers avoidence, survivability and aggro generation. For the time being, I could learn better how to improve my offspec as I use it more.

Regarding world of logs, here are the links:

-

-

-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm 
Casual

Looking good so far, You will get an answer from us soon.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post subject: Re: [Pending] Garro Ret paladin in Sunstrider EU
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 pm 

Couple little nit picks.

First of all, with most gear sets now you will find agility better than haste on cloaks, not by much, but there is a fractional difference, it does tend to deviate based on gear sometimes however if you're engineering the extra 1 agility you get over the agility enchant on your cloak from the webbing is always better so that lets you know how close it is and personally i prefer the crits as this helps apply our RV.

Secondly, you mentioned about haste affecting only white hit, remember seal of corruption procs in the same way as seal of blood as well as stacking it's dot. The main difference now with haste is that because we get a portion of damage from the vengeance dot (and also with 2 piece tier 9 a very big portion from our RV) the portion from out white swings and the seal of corruption procs related to them has become smaller in our overall damage spread so haste did lose value with the most recent string of ret changes but it is far from a poor stat when compared to armour penetration which after it's last nerf is out worst stat again.

However strength is still bar far and away our best stat after hit cap (expertise cap is less effective for us again and is over taken by strength again by quite a margin, partly due to our judgements delivering the highest RV returns as well), followed by crit which is just a llittle under expertise if i recall due to it's very impact with the 2 piece tier 9 bonus.

Oh something important, when using seal of command you lose 10 expertise and this should be accounted for as if you check with rawr you will see a very big change in the effectiveness of expertise capping again using a different avenue. This is only considered if you run for a whole fight with seal of command which currently is only anub when you are lacking on other aoe sources and need more out put on the burrowers (our seal choice unlike some other classes when choosing spec for anub doesn't actually affect our overall dps as long as you always use command on burrow phases for the scarab, what it does in fact is displace the damage differently between anub and the burrowers according to what is required, on our first kill i ended up going the seal of vengeance root which after i died left the dot ticking and also thoughout the fight had focussed more of my damage on anub, considering we killed it with only one person alive in the end this was an important decision)

Your gemming and enchanting is perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:26 pm 

Yeah true, though as I said, I havent neglected haste completely, it is however inferior to crit in many aspect like you mentioned. I do have quite decent haste in my gear, ideally crit and haste is the best combo when ur hit and expertise capped (I believe expertise is sorta importand with bosses, a lil bit under cap aint that significient never the less), armor penetration and haste is the worst in my opinion.

There is a trinket that adds a decent amount of expertise that can be linked in the macro to metigate the drop in expertise during seal switch.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:30 pm 
Casual

Accepted.

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Garro Ret paladin in Sunstrider EU
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:09 pm 

Thank you for accepting me, I'll start the moving process to your realm, followed by faction transfer. Should take 1-2 days, which is quite fortunate since I am finishing some business out of town and should be back at thursday or friday max, then I'll be available.

p.s. too bad about bloodelves heh

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Garro Ret paladin in Sunstrider EU
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:43 pm 
Casual

transfer realm and faction change took me 30min 2 days ago :P