[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Hempo - Retribution Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Hempo - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:34 am 

Who am I?

My real life name is Emil, though some people just call me Hempo, I'm a lowly Swedish student from the town of Uppsala, near Stockholm. I am currently studying to become an English/History teacher for the later years of Swedish secondary school.

My character.

I play, or played, the Retribution paladin from the release of WoW until October this year. I have no alts worthy of mentioning at all, mainly because I am wholly devoted to trying to make the best of my Paladin. My character is typically specced Ret PVE and Ret PVP, mainly because I lack both will and gear to play Holy of protection, years of flash spamming has scarred my mind permanently. Should I get invited, I will change the sex of my character into a male Blood Elf, and try desperately to cling to whatever manliness I’ll have left.

Raiding experience.

My raiding experience starts off on Bloodscalp in the guild Somnium, I was a full time raider through MC, BWL, and the first two thirds or so of AQ40, after that I took a break from playing. I came back to the guild around the time Naxxramas was released but was later kicked due to my not being the most enthusiastic of mindless decursive bots, as well as some juicy officer conspiracies.

Just before the Burning Crusade was released I joined the guild Deeprun Tram Poker Club which had just been formed by a couple of friends from Somnium. We recruited a few others and started hunting Karazhan as soon as we could. We did decently in Karazhan but wanted to get into the 25 man instances, so we merged with the guild Incognito into what became the Barroom Heroes. As the Barroom Heroes we cleared Serpentshrine cavern and Tempest keep reasonably fast, and practically flew threw Mount Hyjal and Black Temple. The progress came to a halt in the middle of Sunwell Plateau and the guild died as a consequence. Many of us then joined Offspring and finished the rest of the content.

With Wrath of the Lich King closing in and the former leaders of Deeprun Tram Poker Club coming back, I decided to take my leave of Offspring and help them reform the guild. We remade Deeprun and recruited many of the old Barroom Heroes members. The first tier of raiding was done with awfully quickly, we achieved just about all achievements, including the Immortal, which only one other guild on Trollbane managed (through the unlikely event of lagging out of a void zone, might I add!). The long wait for for Ulduar, however, sapped the will of about half the officers, and a bit into the second tier of raiding they quit the game entirely, leaving me as guild master. After that we raided Ulduar successfully, got all the hardmodes down besides yogg+0, most before nerfs as well as I recall. After Ulduar we ran into some trouble with attendance and lack of quality recruits, but still managed to clear 4/5 heroic TotC. After that the guild died, unfortunately, and I went off to England to study for a month and I haven’t been playing since then.

Attendance.
My attendance is typically around 95%, with the exception of the times I am in preparation of going on tour with my band, during which it will drop some because of the need to rehearse the songs. Your raiding times are very similar to those to which I am used, so that wouldn’t pose a problem at all.

Why do I want to join Crab People?
I am a WoW raider, and the time of such is best spent sweating your balls off while raiding rather than just sweating your balls off anyway. From what I’ve heard from my friends in your guild you are very dedicated to raiding and progress, much like our old guild was during its days of glory. I also have quite a load of friends and former guild mates in your ranks, whom I would definitely like to play with once again.

Why would you invite Hempo?
I am a seasoned and experienced raider who knows my class well. I’m not going to boast being a master tactician, but I don’t have a hard time understanding what needs to be done or how to do it. Naturally I have Ventrilo and a working microphone which I am certainly not afraid to use.
I would claim to have a good attitude when it comes to guilds, I don’t start drama and I get along well with others, though you should avoid giving me forum moderator privileges, should there be any 12 year old girls in the guild. Not to rely too much on the good words of others, but I suspect that the old Deeprun members in Crab People would strengthen this claim.

Lastly, I’d like to apologise for the ‘Story of my life’ layout of this application. I’m sure you’ve heard the same story a couple of times now, given the amount of Deeprun members in your ranks. However, I did not want to base my application on the writings of others.
Anyway I think that’s about all, if you need any more information I’ll happily provide it, be it on the forum or on ventrilo.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Hempadin

Post subject: Re: Hempo - Retribution Paladin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 am 
Casual

Good luck dear sir.

Going from human to blood elf will leave it's scars for sure, you better find some soul bandages should you get accepted :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 am 

I'll just masturbate in excess... =(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 am 

main thing to point out would be that you don't seem aware that a single yellow socket offering 4 str bonus or more is better filled with an inscribed ametrine (str/haste orange gem) due to the strength of the two piece tier 9 bonus.

you're skipping improved might, no doubt because you whipped warriors to use battleshout (and rightly so :D), but our warriors are somewhat less loud mouthed and require the aid of blessings to bolster their attacks :D.

I'm hoping the current libram on your armory is just for pvp or use with seal of command and that you have the triumph libram at least.

Other than that i can't pick up anything out of order.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 am 

Dont forget to get yourself a pvp trinket, most humans seem to forget that. Should you be accepted X)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 am 
King Crab

TB keep coming >.>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 am 

Glad there wasn't anything fundamentally off with the app, blessings and gems are easily fixed, and pvp trinkets :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:48 am 

Oh, and as for the libram; it seems like seal of command was the last seal I used! I use Libram of Valiance normally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 am 

hallå eller?

[13:07:21] [PL] [80:Tunedbeats]: thanks alot :>
[13:07:29] [P] [80:Ygdrasill]: nice proccs :D
[13:07:32] [PL] [80:Tunedbeats]: ye :D
[13:07:37] [PL] [80:Tunedbeats]: you're alot better then Git

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:58 am 

Hej eller, how is life in götet eller?