Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Fired - Rogue Application [X-Realm]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:17 pm 

First of all, i've had a look around for an application template and doesn't seem to be one. So ive taken another guilds one and editted it to fit here removing any unneccessary questions.

Personal information
--> Age
17 (18 in 2 months[for some guilds age is a requirement, only factor i cant help])
I am aware that this is against your recruitment specification but as im nearing it i wanted to give it a shot.

--> Gender:
Male

--> Country:
England

--> Emloyed/student:
Student

--> A bit about yourself

Currently a student on a 2 year course studying media productions (yes i know, its a doss) but i am actually interested in that sort of stuff. Just finished my 1st term on the course and its looking good. I play squash and golf, but i wouldnt consider them my hobbies as i do have streaks of not playing either for ages.

Character information

--> Main's Name:
Fired

--> Main's Race:

Orc (Yes, i am just that cool)

--> Main's Class:

Rogue

--> Main's Spec:

I am currently 51/18/0 which is the rogues standard +poison/haste spec for mutilation speccing into Lightening reflexes for that tasty 10% haste instead of sticking an extra 3 points into relentless strikes. Mutilate isnt an adnventerous spec as its been reduced to a "2 button spec" with HfB being refreshed every 60 seconds. I wont have a problem speccing for combat, ive got the weapons and trinkets to suit that spec. Slightly more to do than mutilate currently, just has a slightly lesser DPS output. Sorry if theres unneccessary info there, entertained me whilst writing.

--> Main's Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... on&n=Fired

--> Main's Profession's:

450Alchemy (Elixir Master)
450Enchanter

--> Alts names, class and spec
Hired - Warlock - Destro PvE/UA PvP
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... on&n=Hired

--> Do you check any wow related sites to learn more about your class and spec and if so which sites
I mostly have a look on http://shadowpanther.net/ before being interested on items deciding whether it'll be an upgrade, sidegrade or even a downgrade.
I never really use to read up on the patches and class changes, as i use to enjoy the surpirses and sadly they were mostly unfortunate ones they generally were. Since blizzard cut HfB from 15% to 10% i started to read mmo-champion more and more to see whats going on. And by the looks of it they are still hacking.
http://www.mmo-champion.com

--> Please provide a link to a recent WOL or WWS
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4s30udsugs075lce/ - 7th January
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1wea5ra8gokoy2xw/ - 27th December

Connection/Computer info (speed, gfx card, ram), a stable computer and connection are absolutely essential so do not apply without both of these things.

Currently rocking out an Acer Aspire M5100 (yes, i know :x)
Processor
# AMD Phenom X4 9500 / 2.2 GHz
# Multi-Core processor technology: Quad-Core
# 64-bit processor
RAM
* Installed Size 3.0 GB / 8.0 GB (max)
* Technology DDR2 SDRAM
* Memory Speed 667.0 MHz
Graphics Card
* NVIDEA 8300GS - i replaced this one over as apparently its better than the standard one according to by brother

This information doesn't mean alot to me, i have tried to read up and learn a thing or two. But im getting no where. This computer has successfully played wow for 2 years now, holding 80 MS and 30odd FPS at a stable rate. I disconnect very rarely. Aslong as this computer doesnt set on fire - i am a happy chappy.

A Screenshot of your user interface, ideally in a raid environment.
Realised i havent got a raid SS in my pictures so i attempted to recreate one.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9907/formort.jpg
As you can tell i use standard addons such as Bartender/Xperl/DBM/Skada/Omen and a few more. I dont use a raid frame in a raid as it is essentially pointless for a rogue. I dont need to target anyone else other than the person i will be totting, i always drag out a list of those who i would tot anyway prior to the fight.

Raiding Experience - write also which bosses in certain instance

--> Pre-BC:
Dinged 60 2 days before the release of TBC, therefore missing it :(

--> BC:
Kara Cleared
Gruul Cleared
SSC Cleared
MH Cleared
Maggy Cleared
ZA Cleared
TK 3/4 No KT down.
BT 6/9 Mass amounts of attempts on RoS pre nerf
Sunwell untouched

--> Wotlk:
OS10&25+3
Maly10(not 25.. lol)
Ulduar10&25
Naxx10&25
Totc10&25
Totgc10&totgc25(4/5)
ICC10 5/7 (no rotface, pug :<)
ICC25 6/7 (Putricide to 65% with all 10 tries being used)

Raiding Times

Raids start from 7:00pm till 00.00, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday

--> Are you ok with changing those days and times if needed

These times suit me, leave me with the weekend free and enough time to sort myself out after college to start playing wow and getting to the raiding mood. Also, i finish college @ 5pm on a Monday so its a nice change giving me a longer break to prepare before raiding. Quite beneficial on my part.

Class play
An explanation of how you approach your char and what you feel is important to focus on

Being a rogue, i'm easily 1hit KO'd. So i need to be aware of my surroundings at all times possible, making sure i dont run into a cleave or pull aggro. Most bosses require you to leg it at some point, like Icehown, i have to instantly decide if its faster to move left or right. For Jaraxxus i gotta be ready to leg it with the flame on me. For marrowgar/deathwhisper i gotta run out of DnD or Bonestorm. As a rogue, i also get abused for being an interrupter spamming my kick button when the "boss" is casting a spell that i need to kick and hope i get it in time, otherwise ill have 24 angry people on my back.
So summing up my job, kick run and kill (or die).
As for the statistic side, i need to ensure i have enough

Previous Guilds
A history of your experience and previous guilds.

--> Current/Previous Guild:
Myth

--> Why did you leave:
I haven't left as of yet but i have a reason to look elsewhere. I applied whilst one of the current raiding rogues had disappeared, with me being recruited there were 3 rogues. But recently the rogue has come back onto the scene and since then the amount of raids you can fit 4 rogues into has decreased to roughly 50% which i dont blame anyone for, but its not really for my "nerd" taste. I do enjoy being in myth, but i dislike being unable to raid.

--> Why you applying to Cráb People and what do you expect from us

I honestly dont know what to expect, you are competing for world ranks and you raid much more, which says to me that i need to be on my toes frequently to keep up with the current rate and progression rate as you guys.

--> What assets will you bring to the guild

To the guild i can bring a steady DPS from a not-so-stealthy orc. I can also provide a solid attendance nearing a 100% constant. For those and get into a conversation with me i can provide you with a giggle and a chuckle. If you catch my when im not busy AFK'ing on orgrimmar im happy to help do with most things that dont require me travelling up and down azeroth twice :D

Personal Info

You must be able to take sometimes criticism and improve from it. You will make mistakes, everyone does. It's important that you will learn from them, not make them again and respect the criticism you take.

--> So how do you approach a personal mistake?
I generally have a little nerd rage at myself for making that mistake if its a stupid one, and sort it out instantly. If its a progressing mistake i'll look into the situation further to see if there is anything im doing wrong or if theres another easier way for it to be done.

--> What are your goals in game?
I want to complete the content(sadly isnt extremely hard anymore beside HM's) and i want them to be done competitively. I want to be up there in the higher ranks getting things done but still having fun going through it.

--> Is there anything you dislike about WoW:
Dalaran, this city and its lag makes my eyes bleed. I dislike the constant changes in class and rogues HfB which now gives 8% (glyphed) bonus damage. WTB another attack/spell instead please.

--> How would you react if we suddenly took 2 weeks off raiding:

It would be a little disappointing, but there are still many ways to keep up on the gear and badges. I would want a fairly acceptable reason though as it could effect the mentality of the raid group if it wasnt an understandable one. A break is needed every now and then.

--> Anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that's relevant to your application.

Yes. I wish i put this much effort into my college work. >:

This fact isnt particularly relevant. But, here it is.
You will think this is either incredibly sad or awesome. Im for the awesome part, when raiding i am generally wearing http://www.ajanaku.nl/wp-content/upload ... -Bag-1.jpg
Reading this over, i dont want to give the impression that this is all about QQ i cant raid. As i generally do play wow every week day and i would like a steady chance to be able to be part of a raiding team so i can fill my up evenings with something i enjoy.

Give me a shout if any further information is needed.

Post subject: Re: Fired - Rogue Application [X-Realm]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:19 pm 
Casual

Declined.

Lack of experience in hardmode content and some gear.

Best of luck finding a guild.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "