[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined]Duuril - troll rogue

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined]Duuril - troll rogue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 am 

Hello dear members of Cráb People this is my apply too bad that I’m not a good writer but I hope you’ll be able to read this.

Me

I'm a guy from Gothenburg, Sweden, named Adam Thorsen. I'm currently studying to become an electrician. I've played this game for quite a while, both hardcore wise and casual wise. Since I'm still in school, only 18 years, so do I have plenty of time over for WoW, probably to much. Besides WoW I hang out with friends now and then, but I prio raids.

Duuril, The Rogue

I started to play wow in the middle of tbc with leveling a blood elf hunter. I was placed at Magtheridon with an irl friend. When I first reached 70 I started a guild with some irl friends and we managed to clear Karazhan and Zul'aman. With the time as a guild master I got tired of it and applied to a guild where another friend of mine played. I got accepted as trial and did go through it and the guild was raiding ssc/tk/bt and we managed to clear it all. Too bad enough I was hacked and it resulted in that I stopped playing wow until now, 3-4 months back. I had another account that my little brother was using and he played on my rogue but since I started to play again Im playing my lovely rogue once again.

My character, Duuril.

The reason why I enjoy to play on him is because I do like the pure dps class and I found rogue really fun in pve and pvp which keeps me interested in rogues. I do also have a bunch of alts at lvl 80 because I thought it was fun to level but that was back in times tho… I do have Enchanting and Jewelcrafting as profession since it is pretty good for the ring enchants and the three gems you get from jewelcrafting.

Experience

During WoTLK I've cleared Naxx, EoE, OS(3D) in 10. In Ulduar I've cleared everything in 10man, except 0 keepers (done it with only 1) ToC 10/25 cleared, ToGC 5/5 in the 10man and 1/5 in the 25man. In ICC I've downed 6/12 in 10man and 4/12 in 25man.

Glyphs

I’ve been choosing to use glyph of mutilate for cheaper energy that I think is really good ‘cause that is my combo builder.
Then we have Glyph Of Tricks Of The Trade to keep my threat stable and also help the tank to get threat as well which is really good.
And of course I do use Glyph Of Hunger Of Blood for 3% increased damage which is helping my damage done.

Addons

During raids I use the following addons:

• Deadly Boss Mods - To give me timers in the different raid encounters to improve my performance
• Omen 3 - A basic threatmeter, used combined with Blizzard's threatmeter, so I won't pull agro
• RatingBuster - Used to simplify gear choice
• Recount - A DPS/HPS/DMG and so on meter to show me different facts, also to see how my different abilities dmg changes from boss till boss and if I'm performing as well as i should
• MSBT - A simple Scrolling Combat Text addon, prefer it over Blizzard's
• SCT Cooldowns - Adds text that tells me when a cd is ready
• SCTD - Adds my damage to the combat text
• sThreatmeter2 - Works like omen, to see the threat you have on a boss
• Mutilate – An addon to remind me to keep HFB up, but don’t have that addon anymore
• SexyCooldown – Like this addon ‘cause of have the trinkets procc CD which is quite nice

My ui

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4671/festergutz.jpg
Im not a big fan of UI’s so I’ll try to have it as clean as possible since I don’t feel to have anything else than the important stuffs.
Why would you recruit me

I am a mature player with good raid experience and I know my class. I consider myself to be a skilled player who knows what I do and I always give my best. If we wipe I'll take it easy and analyze the situation and try to find out what happened and how we can improve it. I’m not grumpy if I don’t get loot, then I think the fun is to down new bosses. I usually also pass gear for those who need it more than me.

Guilds

I've been playing in Panda Chess Club where I've gotten most of my experience after Ulduar with, as well as some experience in Ulduar 10 HM. As of now PCC is disbanding. I joined Panda Chess Club 2-3 months back as a trial we where raiding 5 days a week (Sunday-Thursday ) from 18:45 to 23:00. When my trial was over and I became a member in the guild I wanted to push it more to be a better player, we were a 10 man raiding guild in the beginning. We were doing Ulduar 10 HM’s which went pretty well. We managed to kill everything in 10man (Yoggy with 1 keeper). We started to do some 10 man in totgc and that went pretty good but had a bit of a problem with anub in the beginning.

We talked in the guild and decided to recruit people to do 25 man raids and the officers also asked me if I wanted to take another step in the guild to become an officer.
We mass-recruited to get enough people to the raids and get some unique players that really wanted to progress in totgc 25 but that didn’t go that well. A few weeks after that ICC was released and me and a few other guildies stayed home from school that day to get some knowledge of the new bosses (10man) we managed to kill everything with a little messy tactic on Saurfang (only one tank :P).

We started with 25 man after that and it went pretty well actually and we became top 20 guild on the realm it came a new wing and we started with a 10 man group and killed everything except professor with a few good attempts. But when it comes to 25 man we wiped a lot on Festergutt because lack of dps. We tried out Rotface and it where always someone who didn’t know what to do even if we explained or tried new people, but it didn’t want to work out for us. Officer core talked a bit and a few players was in hunger for a new guild and we decided to disband. I am making this apply to you guys because I really want to reach my goals in wow and I think Cráb People would fit me perfect as a guild.

Goals with the game

My Goals inside this game is to experience everything that I can from the PvE perspective. I want to down all bosses in all different difficulties, and if it's a race for server firsts, then it's even better. Also I want to develop and become the best I can, which only is possible together with other good players. I also want to reach a somewhat high rating in PvP, however my main focus is on PvE and all those funny achis/hardmodes there is.

Greetings Duuril - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Duuril

Post subject: Re: Duuril - troll rogue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:04 am 

For some strange reason the last topic didn't show up so I'll paste it here instead.

Why would you recruit me

I am a mature player with good raid experience and I know my class. I consider myself to be a skilled player who knows what I do and I always give my best. If we wipe I'll take it easy and analyze the situation and try to find out what happened and how we can improve it. I’m not grumpy if I don’t get loot, then I think the fun is to down new bosses. I usually also pass gear for those who need it more than me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 pm 

I have been playing with this rogue for a long time now, and i can tell you a couple of things about him. First he is very active, he had 100% attendence when i was raiding with him. He is also very enthusiastic about raiding and is often the "moral-booster" in every raid and is always trying to get other players intressted in the fights and similiar stuff.

I dont think you should be missing on this chance!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 pm 
Casual

a old guildie i guess psyke, and its allways nice to get vouches!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:44 pm 

Heye, I've changed my specc a little bit and switched glyphs, changed tricks of the trade glyph with glyph of vigor. I did also drop enchanting and Im gonna make engineering full skill and faction change to an orc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:46 pm 
Casual

I find that your lacking hardmode experience to be in this guild.

There for im declining this app.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "