Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Mastodontpeo, Warlock
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 pm 

Hi Crábs!

Me:

My name is Albin, live in Nynäshamn, Sweden. I'm 20 years old and currently unemployed but working for my father when I get to. Usually studying but I am currently in between courses and the plan is to be back this autumn. I live at my parents but aiming to get something of my own in a not too far away future. Love computers and cumputer games in general, played everything from Final Fantasy series to Counter Strike and now stuck in WoW.

Currently sitting on a brand new computer with Intel i7 920 processor, 2 ATI 5870 graphic cards in Crossfire, 6 GB of DDR3 ram and an Intel 80GB SSD disk for Windows7 and WoW of course, all that is running a 24" screen and wow in 1920x1200 res.
24Mbit DSL line from Telia is connecting me with the world. I find it very stable.

My char:

I used to play a gnome warlock, but after receiving a pill from some stranger I got all big and green. So now days I’m an Orc Warlock named Mastodontpeo.
My current specs are Affliction and Demonology. I have always preferred Affliction over Destruction because of the dot-weaving, and finally it became viable in raids again.
I do however have experience from all of the three Specs, used to raid as Destruction when it was THE spec during Ulduar and ToC and Demo have been used from time to time.

Glyphs: Life Tap, Haunt and Quick Decay

Professions: Alchemy and Inscription

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... s+Fan+Boys

UI: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/669/ui11.jpg
(Middle timers is only in BGs..)

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2ztares6iy0nn57c/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x8fayoiqg4to4ys8/

I also have three level 80 Alts (Still on Alliance side, but will be moved soon), Paladin, Druid and Priest.

Me and WoW:

I started to play Wow back 2005, sometime in December. Got forced by some friends and started out as a Hunter when I was told it was a great leveling class. Because of me playing ice hockey back then I was not able to play that much, got to 60 eventually, did some casual raiding from time to time when I was able to come and get a spot but nothing fancy. Got to see BWL, MC, Onyxia, ZG and AQ20, but as I could not raid or play that much I decided to do more of PvP and some alt leveling (When this char was born...). Before Burning Crusade was released I had the Hunter and a Priest at 60, both with raiding exp from BWL, MC and mid-ranked pvp titles.

When Burning Crusade came I decided to reroll Warlock, started out with doing some dungeons and Karazhan but once again ice hockey stole a lot of my time so once again I started to do some PvP and the new Arenas. Even tough I only did get some random raid exp from me being "raid spot filler" I did enjoy BC raiding very much. But arena, battlegrounds and some 10man raiding was much more flexible time wise. Eventually I did get Gladiator title and mount (S3), and during summer 2008 when S3 just ended I decided to quit ice hockey and wow to focus more on my last year’s studies, I did still go online sometimes to say hi, do a dungeon and so on. During my Burning Crusade days I got to do 3/4 TK, 5/6 SSC, and after attunement for MH and BT was removed I were able to get full BT and MH experience a few times. I also got to do Kalecgos and Brutallus in SWP before I took a break.

This lasted until mid November last year, a few weeks after WOTLK release when I got asked to level my priest for Malygos (CoH). So I did, but after about two months I decided to go back to warlock as I loved and still do the class. I also decided to not do any arena during this expansion to focus more on raiding. Naxxramas, Sarth3D and Malygos were on farm when Ulduar hit, I got promoted to officer in the guild Purgatory Afterglow. Progress was a bitch in the beginning, we had people leaving, recruiting was hard on a low-pop server etc. Yogg went down together with a few hard modes. Then came ToC, bosses went down as the blockades went up. When ToGC was opened we got Beasts and Jaraxxus down, a week later the GM of the guild decided that it was time to disband the guild. Together with a few core raiders I decided to apply to Striped Socks, the best guild on the server. Here I got to do full Ulduar including Algalon, full ToGC and finally last week Insanity with Grand Crusader experience, ICC progress went well but Putricide had to wait until week 2 to die mainly because of lag.
And here I am now, applying to you. I left Striped Socks due to some problems in the guild and in the leading I could not stand. I will not go into specifics here in public but can take it with you on request.

So to sum this up, because I was mostly a casual player / PvPer during level 60 and 70 I changed server and guild a few times to play with my friends, but have settled with raiding and are now trying to get a solid guild again.

For WOTLK; here comes a bit easier Exp table:
Naxx: Cleared
Malygos: Cleared
Sartharion: Cleared with 3D on both 10 and 25man
Ulduar: Cleared, all HM except Yogg+0
ToGC: Cleared with Insanity
ICC: All but the new wing (Cleared in 10man)

Why me:

I love the game and I love challenges, that is probably the most important things to become a good and dedicated Warcraft player in my opinion.
I also hope to see Cráb People as my new home, I have followed you for a bit and most of your raiders seems like very solid players with high dedication and that is how I want and hope my experience in this game will be.
I always bring flasks, pots, food and shards for raids. My in game economy is steady and wiping for hours, enchanting stuff and gemming properly is not a problem for my wallet.
Hopefully you have a spot for a Warlock open and I hope you choose me, even if your homepage says "closed" I thought I’d give it a try!

Thank you for your time!
/ Mastodontpeo

Post subject: Re: Mastodontpeo, Warlock
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm 
Casual

Accepted. Wisper Sórrow ingame for an invite

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "