[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Resto Shaman X-Realm Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Resto Shaman X-Realm Application
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 am 

First of all sorry for posting with a template, but I find it kinda useful in order to answer to the most critical questions needed for an application... Also I am not very fond of making really long applications, because people tend to get bored and miss out critical points... Anyway...here it goes :)

1. CHARACTER NAME: Nosiferatu

2. LEVEL: 80

3. AGE: 26

4. LOCATION/NATIONALITY: Greece/Greek

5. TOTAL /PLAYED TIME: 235 days on my Shaman which is my main character
5a. IS THE CHARACTER ORGINALLY YOURS? Yes
5b. DO YOU HAVE ANY HIGH LEVEL ALTS? Yes a lv80 Hunter with a total GearScore of around 5450

6. CLASS: Shaman Restoration with an Enhancement Offspec

7. PVP RANK/EXPERIENCE: Well I am not that much into PvP to be honest… I only enter BGs casually from time to time for some fun and maybe do an achievement while on that…

8. PROFESSIONS: Alchemy 450 / Leatherworking 450

9. SECONDARY PROFESSIONS: First Aid, Cooking, Fishing all maxed out at 450

10. CURRENT TALENT BUILD:(try to explain your build to us. Why you choose your key talents, what it offers in raids etc. How flexible are you with your raiding spec if asked to re-spec at one point? Simply posting 21/30/0 is not enough information)

0/13/58 on Restoration
This build covers up all the major talents a restoration shaman needs PvE wise. You get all the deep Restoration tree Talents, along with Healing way (just in case it’s needed to focus- heal a tank from time to time) + Healing focus in order to prevent Spell Pushbacks. If needed 3 talents points from the skills mentioned above could be sacrificed for Elemental Weapons in the Enhancement tree, but the benefit is pretty minor I believe in T10+ gear (45 spell power). However if needed to change my spec, I won’t object to it.

20/51/0 on Enhancement
I have kind of neglected my off-spec lately, since I am not asked to play on it that frequently any more. In any case we use 20 talents on the elemental tree, in order to get the faster cooldown on our shock spells (achieving doing more dps, since we cast them more frequently). Other than that the rest 51 points are spent in the enhancement tree in order to barely get the deep talents existing there, neglecting to take Improved Stormstrike though, since our Shamanistic Rage cool-down has been reduced to 1 minute.

11. CHARACTER ARMORY LINK:
Shaman:
Hunter (alt):

12. WotLK Faction Reputations
(Please state as a figure, for example…. 2453/6000 or 6550/12000 etc)

Knights of the Ebon Blade: Exalted 999/1000
Horde Expedition: Exalted 999/1000
The Kalu'ak: Exalted 999/1000
The Sons of Hodir: Exalted 999/1000
Kirin Tor: Exalted 999/1000
The Wyrmrest Accord : Exalted 999/1000
Argent Crusade: Exalted 999/1000
The Ashen Verdict: Exalted 999/1000
The Oracles: Exalted 999/1000

13. RAIDING TIMES: (We Raid Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday from around 19:00-00:00 Server Time, high attendance is REQUIRED. We may also raid on other evenings but these would be optional events)

Monday: Available during your raiding times
Tuesday: Available during your raiding times
Wednesday: Available during your raiding times
Thursday: Available during your raiding times
Friday: Other activities – available though for any extra raids if given notice beforehand
Saturday: Other activities – available though for any extra raids if given notice beforehand
Sunday: Available during your raiding times

In general I am available for all probable raiding activities and your raiding times suit me perfectly. I rarely miss a raid and when I do I always make sure to give a notice beforehand.

14. PREVIOUS PVE EXPERIENCE

[@ 60]
ZG: No
AQ20: No
MC: No
BWL: No
AQ40: No
Naxx: No
I only started playing WoW a little before TBC kicked in…so I didn’t raid the 60 level content at all…

[@70] [PRE-3.0.2 UN-NERFED]
Kara: Full
Gruul: Full
Magtheridon: Full
SSC: Full
Tempest Keep: Full
Zul Aman: Full
Hyjal: Full
BT: Full
Sunwell: Full

[@Wotlk]
5man instances: Full
10man instances: Cleared everything in 10 mans (including hard and heroic modes) up to ICC Normal 11/12. Haven’t managed to kill the Lich King yet.
25man instances: Raided everything within a guild up to Ulduar (only missing Yogg Hard and Algalon there). On ToC 25 I have cleared Normal mode and done up to (and) Valkyries in Heroic mode in PUGS. In ICC 25 I have cleared the first wing and Festergut again with PUGS.

15. Do you have Ventrilo installed? Yes
16. Do you have a Headset and are able to talk with it? Yes

17. TELL US ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS GUILD(S):

I started my WoW career in a small guild called Troy in Twilight’s Hammer were I spent my time leveling up. Nothing much to add to that actually…it was more about chit chat and help with leveling. I started raiding Karazhan in another small guild called Insomnia where we managed to clear up to The Shade of Aran once…but that seemed to be the roof…as we never managed to actually kill him again… So it was again time to move on…
After Insomnia I joined The Path of Wreckage were I started raiding 25-mans as well… Things were going well, as we cleared everything up to Lady Vashj in SSC and Kael Thas in TK, but we were plainly stuck there and couldn’t pass these 2 obstacles in order to move on to BT and Mount Hyjal that came later on… On top of that our GM at that time started losing his interest to the game…so eventually the guild fell apart…
It was then that I joined Natural Perfection, where I must admit I had an awesome time raiding. When I joined the guys already had SSC on farm mode, but they couldn’t do Kael Thas… It was quite an obstacle for them at that time, that held them back for BT and MH progress… Eventually though we managed to kill it and I was glad that I have been in their first kill… It was truly an awesome experience as the fight in my opinion was maybe the hardest of the TBC content (after M’uru). In any case TK and SSC were the past and after a while raiding we managed (on our own pace) to clear both MH and BT. However after we cleared BT the problems started :(.
Sunwell was about to kick in at that time and I believed that we would go there and try and clear the area once again, however that didn’t happen… People preferred to stay on the farm mode of BT and then just vanished when we were supposed to go try Sunwell bosses… Eventually the guild fell apart as people stopped raiding and our GM just vanished at one point without giving any prior notice… It was time for me to move on once again…
My next stop was High Council which was the best Horde Guild on the server at that point and second overall behind LootFTW (Alliance). The guys had already killed M’uru once or twice by the time I joined but for a strange reason they couldn’t do Kil’jaeden which looked rather easier than M’uru to be honest. In any case… I managed to get a spot in their raids both with my attendance and (probably) my performance. The 3 first bosses were a free loot run as the guys had already farmed them for quite a while… On Twins they always had one or two wipes and then there was M’uru, the fight where one slight mistake could cause a wipe… In any case you probably know that mess…so I won’t go into further details…
Initially I was left out from their tries on Kil’jaeden (which was kind of frustrating for me, but reasonable as well), but after quite some time wiping one of the 2 shammies that were in raid had to go, so I was asked to step in for it. I only knew the fight from videos at that point, so it was pretty much trial and error for me at the start, but after a couple of tries I got the just of it. On the fourth try (after I entered) the boss was down…and I was a happy Cow :), being part of the first Horde kill in the server.
Then it was time for WotLK… I remained part of High Council up until the later Ulduar days.
We started up in Twilight’s Hammer clearing all content up to Malygos, but then due to lag issues we decided to move to Boulderfist (free migration given then) to continue our raids more effectively. Everything went smoothly there and we managed to get both the 10 and 25 man metas completed as well before Ulduar kicked in… At first everything seemed to go smoothly and normal, but after a while and when the guys started doing hard modes, they decided that taking in 2 shammies wasn’t optimal, so I was left out most of the time, since the other shammy was gathering the fragments for the legendary mace. I bared with that and spent quite some time being backup without complaining and mostly participating in raids when the other shaman couldn’t join (but that was quite rare). In any case I only started raiding “normally” after the other shaman made his mace… which cost me both gear-wise and play-wise… Despite the fact that the situation was like that I never decided to leave the guild, because I always believed that I would get another proper shot in the future…but that unfortunately never came…
The officers decided that they wanted to make the guild better and more hardcore than it already was, so they merged with another cross-realm guild… I was fine with that until I found out that their GM was a resto shaman… which pretty much left me being third in order to join raids…and at the same time pretty much it was another way of making me leave…
With that happening I decided to lay low and I transferred back to Twilight’s Hammer and into my old guild Natural Perfection, where with some other good players we had, we decided to run 10-mans along with their hard modes. Everything was fine up until almost a month ago, when people started either stopping the game or wanted to have some 25-man action and left for other guilds. Now we are standing at a point where we barely have the numbers to run a 10-man and stuck at the Lich King.

18. WHAT TYPE OF QUALITIES CAN YOU OFFER US AS A GUILD MEMBER/RAIDER AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IN RETURN, WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN US?:
Raiding is pretty much the only reason I keep playing this game… otherwise I would have stopped for quite some time now… but it’s not only raiding that is pushing me to want to join your guild. Throughout my WoW career I like contributing to whatever can make a guild work better, as well as meeting new people (even if that is only virtual). Cooperation and teamwork are vital things for a guild to go well after all… and believe - at least on my behalf- if I feel that I am harming the normal operation of a team, I will be the first one to exclude myself from it, as I have done in the past… and not only in WoW.
In me you will find an active raider that is always prepared for what is coming, whether that is studying a fight before we get there, getting prepared consumable-wise and properly taking care of my gear (enchants, gems etc).
What I expect from you is to give me a chance initially to prove that I am worthy to get a spot for your raids and things will probably take their own way after that… :)

19. INFORMATION ABOUT ME:
Do you know any members in the guild? No
Connection Type: ADSL
Connection Speed: 24 Mbps
Connection Reliability (on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being bad and 10 being perfect):8 Computer Spec: Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX

UI Screenshot Link:

STATS CHECK (I can only provide stats from 10-mans that I am doing currently with my present guild):

20. Tell us about yourself.

My name is Theodore, I am 26 years old and I work as a Trainee Chartered Accountant.
I spend quite a lot of time playing WoW, but I do like doing other stuff as well… I like working out at the gym from time to time (when work is not adding extra pressure on me) and hanging out with friends mostly during the weekends, as on normal weekdays I kind of lack the time to do that. I like video games in general, watching movies, sport activities, having drinks and pretty much whatever a normal person likes to do :).

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have. I will be glad to answer.
Best wishes to everyone.

Post subject: Re: Resto Shaman X-Realm Application
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 am 
Ex-Officer

Sorry for the late reply, Declined due to lack of experience in 25man