[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Lindenz - Blood Elf Arcane Mage

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Lindenz - Blood Elf Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:57 pm 
Casual

Greetings Cráb People,

This is my application to join your guild, and will inform you as best as I can.
I'm great at summarising things, but I honestly suck at writing about things I deem standard.
Hence why my application will look short and undedicated, with the latter being incorrect.
My reasons for wanting to join your guild are that I would love to start raiding again.
I told myself that if I had to raid it would be with likeminded people.
There's a few people in your guild I've had the luck with of raiding with before, I hope they can do a good word for me to convince you that I'm a man fit for the job!

Who am I
My name is 2015 edit, 20 years old and go with the screenname Linden online.
I currently live in the Netherlands with a fast and stable connection, and free of anything that could interupt me while raiding.
I'm a social guy, I like chatting with people outside of raids and help them out.
To be more specific, I love talking about games, politics, music, movies and I can take a joke.

My character
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... &n=Lindenz

This is the character I look forward with joining you, it's a level 80 Blood Elf mage geared towards the arcane build.
I'm very adapt at playing my mage and know almost everything there is to know about the class for both PvE and PvP.
Meaning that I'm aware of EP values, BiS gear, Best DPS rotations, Game Mechanics.
Seeing as I'm applying to a well respected guild I assume you won't ask of me to be more specific about these "standard" things for any serious player.
If I'm honestly mistaken about that, I can tell you a wall of text about how I play the very hard Arcane rotation, timing of cooldowns, haste pot useage and how to a avoid a fire.
And I would prefer that to be done with a ventrilo chat _IF_ needed.
My main priority in ANY encounter is to stay alive, I could't care less if it would drop my damage on the damage meters because a dead mage.. oh well what do I need to tell you about that.
A note in advance, my damage may seem lacking if I'm given a trial due to having been outside a competetive damage group for a long time, ofcourse I top the PuGs but that doesn't mean a thing.
I want to assure you that I am very dedicated towards this game and will within a small given time catch up to what I may be lacking.

Screenshot of my UI: http://www.lindonz.nl/uienpeller.jpg
It looks messy after a few patches destroyed the looks, but it's still practical and works fine.
Yes alot of spells are hidden and everything is bound.

I use the following PvE addons;

Deadly Boss Mods - PvE made even more simple
Omen - Threat knowledge and threat sync
Grid - Easy raid targets, keeping everyone smart with int
Decursive - Decursing simplified
Power Auras - Additional awareness of buffs/debuffs

I use the following Macros in PvE;

#showtooltip Arcane Blast
/use 10
/cast Arcane Blast

#showtooltip Arcane Missiles
/use Arcane Torrent
/cast Arcane Missiles

#showtooltip Presence of Mind
/cast Presence of Mind
/Cast Arcane Blast

#showtooltip Flamestrike
/cast Presence of Mind
/cast Flamestrike

#showtooltip Ice Block
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Ice Block
/cast Ice Block

#showtooltip Counterspell
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Counterspell
/cast [nomodifier:shift] Counterspell

#showtooltip Polymorph(Turtle)
/cast [modifier:shift, target=focus] Polymorph(Turtle)
/cast [nomodifier:shift] Polymorph(Turtle)

Proffesions;
Engineering 450/450, the haste on gloves and spellpower on cloak both provide a very nice damage boost.
Enchanting 424/460, only leveled it for the ring enchants which used to be the best and only damage increase you could get in TBC and am still using it for that purpose.

Experience
Before I started WoW I was one of the leading players in the Call of Duty eSports, Having won several CUPs/LANs and been sponsered for over 3 years.
Having said that, I will not disclose any more information about that unless asked privately.
Quit playing and picked up WoW because I still wanted to play a game, hit 70 around the time when arena season 3 began.
Cleared all of the TBC nerfed(still pre3.0) content up till 1/5 Sunwell with the only guild mentionable from my TBC raiding Denial(Trollbane - Alliance).
In WoTLK I had a small break from WoW and picked up a few weeks before Ulduar was released.
I was picked up by the guild Offspring(Trollbane - Alliance) and did most of Ulduar HM with them for the exception of Yog+0 and Algalon pre-ToC.
Mainly because the guild disbanded before we had any real Algalon tries going.
The guild disbanded and people from Offspring left to join Deeprun Tram Poker Club.
Faction change came along and I went Horde, pugged my way to where I am now with ToC/ICC achievements and gear. (11/12 ICC10 | 4/12 ICC25)
During my stay in all guilds I've had over 95% attendancy, and turned out to be one of the core members later on.
I don't mind sitting out on raids, and will never whine about any decision made by the leading players but I would prefer to raid as much as I can ofcourse.
Summary of WoTLK raid achievements;

[Glory of the Raider 10] incomplete
[Glory of the Raider 25] incomplete
[Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10] completed pre-toc
[Glory of the Ulduar Raider 25] completed pre-toc
[Tribute to Insanity 10] completed with icecrown gear

Why would I be a good addition to your guild
I'm a dedicated player that's always prepared, can attend almost every raid and capable of learning and understanding encounters and rarely make the same mistake twice.
Once I do make mistakes, I will be honest about them and able to take criticism regarding them.
I will never stop improving my play and will stay uptodate as much as a I can.
I'm a friendly and helpful person towards others in this game and will do nothing to put the Guild to shame, but even I do have my periods!

I honestly hope I provided enough information for your guild to consider me, I am aware of the fact that I probably haven't as written above.
I hope to hear from you soon, and hopefully join your raiding ranks as a trial.
If the mage slots are really closed, then I apply to be a "Someone you contact when another Mage drops out" player!

I thank you for reading this,

2015 edit :(

Last edited by Linden on Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Lindenz - Blood Elf Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:28 pm 
Casual

looks good imo

Post subject: Re: Lindenz - Blood Elf Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 am 
Casual

The mage trial spot has currently been filled. If it for some reason it does reopen we will look at this application again.
For the time being. Declined.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post subject: Re: [Declined] Lindenz - Blood Elf Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 pm 
Casual

bumping for awesome mage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 am 
Casual

ye man !

[Declined]

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Lindenz - Blood Elf Arcane Mage