[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Warlock - Waraz

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Warlock - Waraz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:26 pm 

Hello there!

My name i Christian, im a 19 years old swede who currently lives in Jönköping. I used to go the university but i quited as I felt that I need a break from studying. Now Im just another unemployed youth trying to get things together. Therefore I spend alot of time at the computer doing random stuff and of course some world of warcraft gaming.

History
I got a long history as a player since I started playing at the release. Taking it from the begining, I started out as a clueless player on Stormscale, slowly making my way to 60. Then i finaly got into raiding i joined a guild who was about to start doing Molten Core. Played with most of the core members in different guilds during the whole vanilla, killed everything including C'thun but as the guild wasnt that great people started to leave then the expansion was comming. Therefore I also took a break untill the expansion. So yes, i missed the best instance in wow history.

At the launch of tbc i joined some casual raiding guild with some friends doing karazhan and gruul. We thought this wasnt enough so we got ourselfs into a more serious guild. With them we did SSC, getting a pretty early kill on Lady Vashj. And as so many times before (and after) people start to drop then you kill a endboss, so the guild eventually disbanded becouse of drama. Later i joined another guild, killing KT and progressed some in MH and BT. That guild wasnt great either and by the time one of my friends got a spot in DoF on Talnivarr, and I followed. I joined just as the release of Sunwell and I got accepted pretty fast. They had already cleared BT and HM but after a week or two i did the first sunwell raid and after that I was in pretty much every raid, being present on every firstkill. As we raided during the summer we had problems with people not attending raids and as a swedish guild we didnt get many recruits. We finaly downed M'uru some weeks before the instance nerf. By this time i had been classleader for warlocks for some months and had a great time in the guild.

Then Wotlk came, we leveled, you leveled, we did a DoF/CP raid the first lockout and did all bosses except malygos (as kamatari rolled 1 on the key), atleast I got the realm first achievments for OS and Naxx. By now DoF wasnt what it used to be during sunwell and i feelt that I didnt want to farm Naxx with these poeple for months, so i quited, one week into the expansion. I keept myself away from wow untill i meet a new guy at school that was raiding in a semicore guild on Stormreaver. I leveled a paladin there, geared it and i got into his guild as holy. I attended to all the normal firstkills after Kologarn. And after the guild killed Yogg-Saron it splited. The summer was comming and also my graduation, so it was timely with a break.

After the summer I moved bach to stormscale with some friends for some pvp. But the need for raiding was still there and I ended up applying for a new formed guild that had the goal to be server first. It was a longshoot by I dont regret it. They had moved the core of 10 people from another server and tried to start up a guild called Last Effort on Stormscale. We did really great at the start and even if ToGC had been out for a while we cleared it pretty fast, we killed beasts 2 nov and Anub 9 nov. Now we just had to get a good roster for ICC, but it didnt work out that well. The christmas break was really not a good time for us and many of the core people got tierd of the game and quited. And for 2 months we have realy been struggeling getting raids together. And then we killed LK25 more people dropped and the guild was down for counting. I got prometed to CL among with the other core members in a last effort (hihi) to make the guild going. We failed as Stormscale dont have good pve players the 10th of mars we disbanded. I had a really good time in that guild. I will miss the 10 man raids we had on Wednesdays the most, we had fairly good results. Now Im back on Talnivarr as I got some friends here, but I still want to pve, therefore I will give this application a try.

Me as a player
I've been playing Warlock since release (with the exception of some months of holy pladin) and I really enjoy the class. Since 3.3 I've been playing both Affliction and Demonolgy as they are the most fun to play. And with Destruction being behind in dps, and its boring, I see no reason to play it if the guild dosnt need you to. I wanted to be affliction as main specc but as I was the most active warlock (and only for a while) I had to go demo for DP. And after the last patch then it got buffed I´ve been really enjoying it. If you know how to play you could finaly compete with others. But I can master all speccs and I´ll play that one the guild wants me as, but i have to say im currently most used to demonolgy.

Im a theorycraft geek, using SimCraft for everything about my gear and I check EJ atleast once a day for new posts in the warlock forum. Im always uptodate and I try to tweak my playstyle and gearing as much as I can to get the best result. I will not write down why i specc, gear or glyph this or that, becouse it will just be a copypaste from EJ. As for bossfights i always try to watch the US streams the night before patch to get hints about new fights that havnt been on PTR. Like then the LK patch come I was watching them all night and wrote down everything I could find about the encounter. It helped us alot but as we pushed for a early kill, we ran out if tries and didnt even kill him the first week.

I come to raids fully prepard for whats comming and I try to contribute as much as I can if I see something that could have an importance. I keep myself quiet during fights letting those people that are supposed to talk on ventrilo do so. Keeping the bullshit away from vent then focus is required is essential. You will get a player that knows whats expected from him and if I fuck something up for some reason I take the criticism needed and wont do it again. I can play pretty much all the time and dont have any problems with either regular raid times nor more wierd ones.

Why I play
I want to experiance as much content as possible and doing it before most of the other players in this game makes it more special. I like to play with likeminded people that know how to play this game and dont do stupid things. Playing with good players makes me a better player myself as you dont have to count in stupid shit that the normal players does, instead you can focus fully on whats needed to bring the boss down. I like challenges and the harder the better. Its not the same to do a boss then you know all the timers and know exactly then everything is going to happend.

I dont do achievments just for the points but if its cool reward (like metas) im game for it. But its also important to have a social guild that got friendly minded people, as its hard to enjoy the game if you dont like the people that you play it with. I Cant envision myself playing in a boring guild farming old content.

tl;dr? Here some short info.
Name: Christian
Languages: Swedish and English

Ingame Name: Waraz
Class: Warlock
Level: 80
Armory: As i just transfered, im not there yet, but heres a wowhead profile with the same gear

Professions: Enchanting/Tailoring (450/450)
Playing since: Release
Computerspec: Intel Core2 Quad (Q6600 @ 2.40GHz), 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia 8800 GT 512MB, Win7 64bit
ISP: Telia with 24/1

Closing statement
I hope I'll get a good response and you sort this application as one of the more exceptional ones. I can understand that you may not have another warlock spot but Cráb People is the only guild on this server I feel that i could fit into. You got some players in the guild that I've been playing with before, I hope they can vouch for me.

Thanks for reading!
/Waraz

Post subject: Re: Warlock - Waraz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:33 pm 
Casual

Armory link? Or are you that human warlock on Ravencrest? If so, you should log out in your pve gear.

Edit: Nevermind, I can't read.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm 
Officer

Played with this guy in DoF back in the days. Good warlock from what I can remember. Thumbs up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:59 pm 
Casual

HAI WARAZ!!!
Cool Whip?

also what nifty said, he's a good player from what i remember...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 pm 
Casual

He almost beat me on our split naxx raids first week (I still won most fights and total tho ofc!)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 pm 
Ex-Officer

Really great guy and an awesome player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:40 am 

Armory is up:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&cn=Waraz

Hey, and thanks for the words guys!
Miba, are you sure it wasnt the other way around? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:47 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:14 am 
Casual

Nice application. However we are currently full on warlocks.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "