[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Galager - Blood Elf Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Galager - Blood Elf Paladin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:29 pm 

Greetings Cráb People,

The application below will hopefully inform you as much as possible about myself and my playing.
To start it off I should say why I want to join the guild and I thought for ages on this and came up with,
I enjoy raiding and I enjoy WoW although the previous guilds i have been in people have made stupid mistakes and inturn whipe the raid,
After some time this annoyed me (not the whiping, i dont mind that when making progress its the best part, the people making the same mistakes over and over again without learning from them), so I decided to change server and apply for a guild with likeminded people and a really good raiding and casual side.

About myself
My name is Matthew Beattie, Im 18 years old
I live in Northern Ireland, in the city Belfast my connection is fast and stable and has a 99% chance of being uninteruped at most times.
I would consider myself an social guy, love chatting and making new friends while outside of raids.
I am very pleasent and get along well with mostly everyone, i love a good laugh and even making people laugh, I can also take a joke.
To get into more detail I love games of all sorts (xbox, PS3, PC etc...), music and movies are also a good topic considering i love a good movie.

My character
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Galager

The charector above is a lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin geared and speced for Retribution (willing to change if needed).
I have been playing a paladin since i started WoW almost 5 years ago, i have come to know almost everything about the class for PVE and PVP.
Eventhough you are a well respected guild and eventhough paladin is, as most people say 'faceroll' im going to give abit of information conserning usage of my Cooldowns, haste pots, Flask usage and avoiding any fire, (green, red, purple, blue) stuff.
I would consider the fight atm, trash or boss and decide whether i would benefit from my 20% more damage CD, if so I would use that with a haste pot and give it a few seconds then use hand of salvation to drop my threat.
If you would like to no anymore details about my charector/playing style dont hesatate to ask.
When raiding i think of my main priority as staying alive, I would rather be alive and doing damage than dead and not doing any.
Eventhough I have been raiding it has only been with Pugs, i have mainly been top of damage in all groups iv been in but when in a pug it doesnt mean anything. I would like to guarente that i will after a small time period be on top of my game and will have gained anything i would normally have been lacking

I use the following PVE addons:

Deadly Boss Mods
Omen
Bartender
Clique
Decursive
PallyPower
Parrot
x-perl

My Professions:
Alchemy 450/450, the flask bonus for long progressing raids.
Jewelcrafting 450/450, for the JC only gems greated increase in damage

My Previous Experience
Before playing wow I was into all the shooting games, Counter Strike Source and Call of Duty MW, although I eventually decided to stop due to school and GCSE's
After that a good friend told me about wow and I decided to give it ago, I loved it and hit 70 pritty quickly, joined a very friendly/semi raiding guild known as Death Knights of Azeroth. I have cleared all TBC raid (pre 3.0 patch) content up to sunwell with the guild.
In Lich King the guild dispanded but the members joined togeather to make Phoenix Rising which is in operation atm and 3rd on my old server Khadgar. I have cleared Naxx and Ulduar both 10 and 25 man although some hardmodes where not done. With the release of Lich King i have cleared everything upto Sindragosa in 25 man and 10 man ICC. Due to college and exams I had to take a slight break from wow at this point and due to that i left Phoenix Rising, once i returned I joined a different guild which I also new alot of members in Simple Pleasures. This was the previous guild i was in and apart from 1 raid which i missed due to RL unforseen issues. My attendance is easly 95% and I always put 110% into all my raids.
I will never whine about any decision made within the guild and do not mind sitting out for other members who may need an item of a certain boss, although I will always be on call at this point if ever needed.

Why would i make a good addition to Cráb People
As you no by now I am a dedicated player that is always prepared for every raid at anytime, I can attend every raid that is set on the calander and am willing and capable of learning/understanding new bosses, tactics and rotations. I would rarely make the same mistake more than once.
I am always uptodate and will always be looking of ways to improve my performance.
This aside I am also a friendly and helpful person towards any person in the game and will never put the guild to shame for any reason.

I hope i have provided enough information about myself for the guild to consider me for a trial, eventhough a DPS paladin is not needed atm.
I hope to hear from you soon and hopefully be joining the guild as a trail soon.
I would like you to consider this application and if i am not needed, i would like to be put down as someone you can contact later if a dps spot opens.

Thank you for your time,

Matthew Beattie aka: Galager

Post subject: Re: Galager - Blood Elf Paladin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 am 
Casual

Quick note! Your shoulders lack an enchant and your 10 stats are better fitted in the chest instead of your shoulders.

Will check things more tomorrow :p

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:15 am 

Oops lol a little embaresing there :P thanks for the info il get right on that :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 am 

Sorry forgot to add my computers spec, just incase this helps or hinders in any way:
Operating system:Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU type:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
CPU Speed (GHz):2.678
System memory (GB):5.991
Graphics card model:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Graphics card driver:nvd3dum.dll
Desktop resolution:1920x1080 x2
Hard disk size (GB):465.759
Hard disk free space (GB):465.657

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 pm 
Casual

/poke alex & Tuned

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 pm 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Whats your GearScore?

Kidding!

Why do you use a Glyph of Vengenace instead of a Glyph of Exorcism? Surely those last 2 expertise could be gained from a gem, instead of "wasting" a full Major Glyph slot?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm 

Everyone has a different view on this, although in my opinion loosing around 2 gem slots (40 Strength) for expertise, to gain only 20% more damage from a glyph for a spell which is rarely used now due to my teir set bonus for Divine Storm is a little dodgy. This does not mean that Exorcism is not used, it is just not in my top priority when DPS mobs or bosses. Although if you would like to discuss this more or you feel it would benefit my dps then i would happely fix it for the guild.

Galager

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 pm 

Glyph of Exorcism is bad, high chance of resist and long cooldown. Instead we aim for 16 expertise so you can spend the item points on other stuff, and use Glyph of Vengeance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 pm 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

I'm just asking, don't shoot me :(

I play a real plate melee dps class ffs

more jokes!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:43 pm 

dont be slaggin the pallys it takes alot of skill to do what we do :P lol