[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [ Declined ] Saeliel, Sexiest Mage of Europe

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [ Declined ] Saeliel, Sexiest Mage of Europe
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:17 pm 

Introduction

Hiya everyone!

I'm Saeliel but some might remember me (from a very distinct past) as Amidith, a holy priest but eventually decided to retreat his application as there were no priest spots open. Since then, I've changed my main character to this mage, been gearing it in the past week and having tons of fun with damage dealing. I'm clearly not there yet when it comes to my potential as a DPS player, but I'm learning fast and I'm hungry for theory crafting, numbers and raiding. Showing a significant increase in my DPS with each raid.

Let's first start off about me, I'm Jesse G. Brands, now eighteen years old and still living in cosy Groningen in the Netherlands. Still studying IT at the same horrible college and my hobbies haven't exactly shifted either. Generally, I've been better; my studies aren't going too well and it looks like I'll be doing this year again due to a burn out I suffered from an extremely high work pressure. Now it's looking like I'll be stuck at home for the coming seven months and having lots of spare time left. Being displeased with my casual guild, I thought I'd once again try Crab People.

Most of the old application still applies. I'm using the exact same computer and my accesscories only upgraded in a few departments. Regardless, this is good enough for an introduction, let's get onto the beefy details!

About...
... me, in short.

Person
Jesse G. Brands
18 years old, born 7 march 1992
Speaks English natively and fluently.
Lives in Groningen
jesse [at] drakebyte [dot] net

Studies IT-Programming

Programming, Linux, computers and tech, music, playing the guitar and/or piano. I would also really, really like to go on drumming lessons. I enjoy biking from work and back home and I also like my job. Also goes without saying that I enjoy gaming ( a lot ).

Dislikes
Celestial Steed (), casuals, whiners and stat changes to the game. I also hate people who drive like morons in the traffic, or people who accuse me of being wrong when they suddenly decide to move unto the road infront of me, at a slow pace when I'm going fast.

About...
... my real life gear.

Just like characters, gamers need epics and gear to play their best. I've spent a lot of money into min/maxing my gear!

Computer
AMD Phenom-II 945 @ 3200 MHz
4GB of DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz
Asus Crosshair III Formula motherboard
XFX nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+
Asus Xonar Soundcard
Water Cooled
1000W PSU

Computer
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse
Samsung SyncMaster XL2370, Full HD LED 23" Monitor
A proper headset with working microphone for raiding
A decent, good quality 2.1 sound set for music and average playing

Benchmarking
No real change in frame rates, other that I am playing on a sexy 1920x1080 resolution (for maximum frapsing joy, I can record pwnage in Full HD) and I'm actually to see in darker locations on my monitor.

Custom UI
I would like to provide a screenshot, but I'm currently rebuilding my UI so I would find it a waste to pull out a new screenshot, but you can still enjoy my old UI which I was using up until now.

My Mage's UI is much the same, just with ForteWarlock (or ForteXcorcist.. the new hipster name) and less healing focused lay out but more DPS centralized. It's good, but I want to do something more minimalistic yet showing me more information about what's happening in the raid. I'll update the thread when this is done!

Custom UI (Add Ons)
Unit frames: Pitbull 4.0
Raid frames: Pitbull 4.0, only aligned in a vertical line, taking little space and looking sexy, but telling me all needed information like curses I need to dispell.
Boss Mods: BigWigs, bars logically aligned on the screen so they are visible but not eating screen space.
Scrolling Text: Either MSBT or Parrot, will probably be parrot due to better customizing features. Not showing the damage, the game font will do for that, I want my combat text to only show damage I take, buffs I gain, buffs the boss gains etcetera. I know my damage is good by looking at the screen, I don't need clutter for that which could hide crucial details.
Cooldown Timer: ForteWarlock with Mage Plug In, also tracks procs and what not. Best in town. Also using OmniCC to show timers on the buttons, just for that extra mile.
Buff Timers: ElkanosBuffBars, I like the vertical layout, which goes well with the raid lay out.
Action bars: Dominos. Always worked perfectly and intuitively.
Threat Meter: Omen
DPS Meter: Recount

+ Some mods to sexify the whole deal.

About...
... Saeliel.

tl;dr: Skip past this part and read the summarized version.

Saeliel was made back at World of Warcraft Launch as a Gnome Mage, she's seen a period of inactivity during TBC and most of WotLK (she's been active at the start), and now returns to become my main again, for the rest of the expansion and Cataclysm. I've always enjoyed the mage class a whole lot, and I feel that I want to have a change from Healing - for good - and since I've tanked a lot of WotLK, and being displeased with how easy it is, I decided to pick up my mage again.

She's obviously Arcane specced for maximum pew pew pew. Pretty much the cookie cutter spec, gear is constantly changing, my casual guild is kind of gearing me up in trade of me boosting them through the content. (Trust me, if you knew how bad these people played, you would think the same.) They are good lads and very sociable people and I enjoy being here and I have absolutely no intent of dragging them through the mud, but they cannot give me what I need in raiding. I got frustrated yesterday with half the raid dying on every Air Phase, after 20 of them. They just never learn, which is a shame.

Saeliel is - as advertised - the sexiest mage of Europe, hands down, if not the sexiest though, she sure is the cutest. But she's also very deadly. I am however still endlessly learning how to pull more damage and how to improve my gear.

Saeliel is a little over the hitcap, but it can't really be helped. I want to change a few things I keep forgetting to do like her boot enchant, I am going to get Stamina and Run Speed instead. I would've done this already, but I've been very busy power leveling my enchanting as can be seen, to get ring enchants. The next stop is Jewel Crafting, which I am farming mats for on my paladin, to squeeze out the best possible damage for her.

On average, I can pull about 8500 DPS on a single target boss fight, but numbers aren't what matters. I offer far better benefits to your raid such as really good awareness of what's happening and anticipating what's to happen. I'm good at spreading and not blowing other's up. I move fast and I am where I should be, I learn quickly and mistakes are always a good lesson to improve myself. That is what is in my opinion the strongest point about me as a player, I'm sharp and I learn very fast. I am hoping that the mages in Crab People can further help me improve as a mage.

About...
... Saeliel, in short.

Saeliel
Level 80 Blood Elf Mage
Arcane (57/3/11)

Note: Tears not included

WWS Logs? My guild is awful and never uploads anything, besides, my DPS is changing too often these days and logs are pretty unreliable. I'll post a link when my guild has uploaded the log for the last 25-man raid.

Played? 170 days, 43 days at 80. I've been active since WoW launch myself.

About...
... Playing Style (Warning: Long)

This part is about how I play the Mage class, how I do what I do and what makes me good.

Stat Choices
Stat choices for Arcane mages aren't very complicated. For me it's simply this:
Spell Power > Haste (Small difference, but my haste is getting pretty high now) > Crit > Intellect > Spirit > SpellPen > Hit (Since I'm over cap )

I am starting to feel that more haste is beginning to become less significant in the benefits it's providing me. I'm having around 30% haste in a raid buffed scenario these days and though I feel there's room for more, I'm beginning to prefer more spell power over haste. Crit is still more of a 'bonus' stat to me, I like it when I get it but sitting at 51% crit raid buffed I feel that I'm pretty comfortable where I am. Spell power could be higher, a lot higher. I would like it to be a lot higher at least.

Intellect is nice, it's on all pieces of gear and mostly in large amounts, I keep a mana pool of 32k when fully buffed.

Spirit is nice too, I socket it (with a spell power hybrid) in blue sockets if the socket bonus is good enough to compensate for the small loss in spell power. These are mostly all items with +9 spell power socket bonuses. I gem this even if I am meeting the requirements for my meta gem, I like the extra crit from the spirit and the regen better than the 2 extra spell power.

Spell Pen? I never used it, but it's probably more beneficial than hit which is overcapped.

Hit is capped, will always be capped.

Stamina comes from gear and often in plenty enough amounts. I've never died due to a lack of not enough of max health (though our healers are fucking slow and let me die everytime).

Gem Choices
Again, this is very straight forward for me. I'll keep this short.

META SOCKET Chaotic Skyflare Diamond (+3% Crit Damage, 21 Crit Rating)
RED SOCKET Runed Cardinal Ruby (23 Spell Power)
YELLOW SOCKET Reckless Ametrine (12 Spell Power, 10 Haste)
BLUE SOCKET Purified Dreadstone (12 Spell Power, 10 spirit) if the socket bonus is worth it, otherwise, Runed Cardinal Ruby (23 Spell Power)
PRISMATIC SOCKET Runed Cardinal Ruby (23 Spell Power)

I want to get Jewel Crafting to 400 as soon as possible for awesome Dragon's Eye gems.

Consumables
My flask of choice is Frost Wyrm, which gives 125 Spell Power. I just take whatever Fish Feast is up for a food buff, if there's no feast available, I'll bring haste or spell power food from the Auction House. I'm going to level cooking and fishing myself when I am done with leveling Jewel Crafting.

Cool Downs and Spells
Rotation is simple, I mostly stick to these:
Arcane Blast -> Arcane Blast -> Arcane Blast -> Arcane Blast -> Arcane Missiles

And when moving, I spam instants like this:
Arcane Barrage -> Fire Blast -> Arcane Barrage -> Ice Lance -> Arcane Barrage -> Ice Lance

AOEing rotation is simple too:
Flamestrike -> Presence of Mind -> Flamestrike -> Blizzard -> Flamestrike, then repeating the last two until down.

As for cool downs. They are really nothing complicated. I pop my mirror images right at the start for the fight so no time (GCD) is wasted on DPS when I pop my important cooldowns such as trinket, AP and IV. I then go all out due to the threat nullifying feature of the images. Using PoM right as it becomes available. My Cool Downs are preferably never off cool down. Although I really like to wait a bit when I know a blood lust is coming soon, thus going to yield a higher DPS guaranteed. Presence of Mind is the exception since it can't be used together with Arcane Power and thus using it during BL or normal isn't going to make much of a difference.

About...
... raid experience

Pre-TBC:
Nothing sadly. Except lolo bat boss in ZG!

TBC
Everything up and including Felmyst.

Wrath of the Lich King
Due to several reasons, I lost interest in WoW during Ulduar, and missed out on pretty much the entire instance. More about this later.

All of this, bar ICC10/25 is all on my Priest/Paladin. Most of it has been done on the mage by now.

Naxx: Clear on 10 and 25.
Sarth: Clear on 10 and 25 with 3 drakes.
Malygos: Clear on 10 and 25.
Ulduar: 12/14 on 10, 9/14 on 25 (On different characters, therefore the achievements may not entirely match; My mage has 25-man experience, my paladin did 12/14 on 10 and Amidith did a mix)
Ulduar Hard Modes on 10:
Extensive experience on Firefighter. ( I could do this blind folded)
I love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning.
I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare.
Ulduar Hard Modes on 25:
NULL
ToTC cleared on both 10 and 25.
ToTC10HC, cleared on my paladin several times.
ToTC25HC, no experience.
Onyxia: Done
ICC10: 9/14, cleared Vampire part and Plague part, not been to the part with the dragons!
ICC25: 6/14, first four and then Valthira and Blood Princes. Experience (with people being retards, mostly) on BQL.

About...
... Guild History

Not much change from since , I'll add what is new:

Frogs of War
I've joined Frogs of War after being pushed by my friend to apply and after attending a raid to help out. The officers contacted me and asked if I would be interested in writing in application, so I did. The fact is, the people are very casual, they chicken out as soon as any need of adepting is required, they find it hard to spread and basically do simple tasks if it's more than 1 thing at a time. I've been growing increasedly frustrated with the leadership as well, my class leader told me to gem for critical rating, *face palm*.

Yup. That's it, I've been trying several guilds but I've not exactly had much luck.

About...
... this application

I'm sorry for copy pasting a lot from my old application here, but most of it still applies.

Why Cráb People?
I'm a hardcore raider, one who always tries to perform to his best. A hardcore raider needs a good guild; I'm not willing to settle for second best anymore, I'm looking at a top 100 guild, one that I can grow in as a player and become better at this game. I want to defeat Arthas as one of the first, before any stupid nerfs. I am not interested in killing it with the tactics pre-explained and ready for me and several nerfs on his roof.

I'm also looking for a guild with a good atmosphere, with enjoyable people that do not only log on for raids and then log off again. I've heard from here and there that Crab People is a guild that approaches the game with a good sense of humor.

Cráb People seems to be a down to earth guild with people that are not lifted over the horse. Yet at the same time they know they are good and have to fight to keep that good position. People understand their class and how to properly use it in a raid. A guild where people do enough DPS to actually kill XT-002 and not wipe to silly things.

Why me? I wish I could answer that myself.
Despite my pretty small experience as a mage, I've been around in the game for a LONG time, I feel that I'm skilled and highly succesful as a player and that I learn fast from situations and mistakes. I have no issues adepting when things change in the environment or if some person suddenly stands at a pretty inconvenient place. DPS is DPS, but you cannot do DPS when you're a corpse on the ground. It's my highest priority followed directly by doing high DPS and that also means high DPS to the correct target, not some kind of zombie attacking only one target when I need to switch to adds.

I'm also, if I can say so, a very cheerful, happy fellow that tends to bring a good feeling with him to the guild. I'm talkative, but I know when I have to keep my mouth shut. I'm really the kind of guy that is just never being a real problem or concern in the guild. I'm just there, on time as you expect me to be at the raid entrance with the required consumables and repaired gear. I've made sure to read up on things and done all the necessary preparations needed.

So despite the gear and the lack of my 2nd profession (Which I will sort soon, money is not a problem) I hope that you're willing to give my application a thorough look and hopefully a chance. I can't do much other than to promise that I'll be giving my full dedication and effort.

Thanks for reading!
Saeliel

Post subject: Re: Saeliel, Sexiest Mage of Europe
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 pm 
Casual

Nicely written application. Your gear however is lacking allot. We are currently on Lich king hardmode and will be needing certain classes for that fight. With the current gear you have you will not supply the needed dps.

I'll discuss your application on our next meeting. So be patient ( and get better gear :D ! )

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:06 pm 

Gear is worked hard on. I understand the problem with LK25HC, I suppose I could just sit out those raids there until I accumulated the gear required? Right now I'm working on my jewel crafting by farming mats on my Paladin, planning to get either the craftable legs or boots.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:09 pm 
Casual

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:16 pm 

And as we all know, Mage + LK 25HC = Does not compute.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:24 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 pm 

Anyway, I'm going to work on my gear as much as possible. Unfortunately, Argent Dawn is backwater realm where clearing ICC10 is a really big accomplishment for a guild. Regardless, I should be able to gather some stuff.

Thanks for the fast replies Geit, nice to see you again, I s'pose :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 am 

We have bad experiences with people using water cooling, they turn out to be huge slackers!

application looks very nice though, good luck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:50 pm 

Thank you. ^^