[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Hunter Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Hunter Application
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 am 

Intro

I'll start this with a general disclaimer; I tend to get (overly) ranty in my applications, so I'll do my best to keep this short and concise so you don't have to read through a university essay. Disclaimer #2; I am a very close friend of Saeliel.

I'm Richard, a 21 year old Swedish university student (Human Behavior, 2.nd year).
In-game I'm either Narlugh or Relien (Relien only due to the fact that my IRL Friend thought it'd be funny to race change me to a fucking blood elf when he knew I don't have cash to spare on that kind of stupid shit :x).

Obviously one of my hobbies is WoW, but I also spend quite some time down at the gym, and I've always been a huge fan of team sports, and this culminated in me being team captain for my floorball team up to roughly 1½ year ago when the entire team organization broke down.

That about it for the intro, if you have any question about me as a person feel free to ask, but I'm confident any questions you might have about me will be answered during the application.

History

Again I'll try and keep this short and concise. Don't Worry, There's a TL;DR version at the bottom of history.

Vanilla
My first character was a warrior on Stormscale, and aside from all the obligatory leveling guilds, there was one guild that I kept to during all of vanilla, and I was the Raid Leader of this guild until we disbanded at 3/15 Naxx 1.0 and C'thun P2 29%. I'll be a little more thorough in my overall raiding experience, though (Not including 20 mans).

Molten Core - Full (As raid leader, while it was still a "Cool" instance)
BWL - Full (As Raid Leader, although our Nefarian kill was heavily delayed due to our scale guy leaving us in the shit)
AQ 40 - Ouro down, Viscidus not, C'thun @ 29% P2 (As Raid leader)
Naxx 1.0 - Faerlina, Anub'Rekhan, Razuvious

The guild disbanded at 3/15 due to a complete whore of a guild master who took the gbank and transferred. Dipshit.

Burning Crusade
Two real guilds involved here.
<Retardation> Alliance on Chrommagus EU. Was a hardcore guild and even though we got started pretty late in BC, We were pushing on Gruul Pre-nerf (Remember, where you had to juke the throw aways by hugging the stones on the sides as range? :p) but eventually, after we had two consecutive 2% wipes, we didn't get him down before the nerf. So, the Wednesday of the nerf we went in and oneshotted him. Major disappointment all over. This guild disbanded after a month of the SSC/TK Release.
<Phase Two> Horde guild, EU Ravencrest (Luls alliance server #1). Having missed out on a substantial part of the SSC/TK Progress, I never got to experience those epic Vashj/Kael first kills. I was not in any sort of position in neither of these guilds, but I was however organizing weekly TK/SSC Runs as an inter-guild event.

T4 (Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon) - Full
T5 (SSC, TK) - Full
T6 (MH, BT) - Full
T6.5 (SWP) - 4/6

Wrath
After a completely chaotic start of wrath (The content being absolute piss and guilds disbanding all over the place). For a short while I was in a guild called <Made> on Shattered Hand, and we did some Ulduar 25 Hardmodes, but this disbanded roughly two weeks after I joined. I hadn't found myself a place to call home until my IRL Friend told me to come join his guild on Argent Dawn (Lunatics Convention). I joined this guild in the middle of the ToGC Craze, but let's be honest, this wasn't a very good guild. We got to 4/5 ToGC but our healers were just too emo to keep pushing on for a kill.
After a few months in this guild, I found myself becoming a key-member in this guilds raiding team, often having to shoulder responsobilities that made my DPS often seem lacking. (I was the Keleseth tank, I had to do close to everything on DBS, including but not limited to kiting two mobs and range-taunting a thrid to make sure we're not giving any stacks to Saurfang because retards are getting hit). At a few points when our tank failed I found myself being the slime kiter on Rotface, etc. I won't bore you with details, but it kinda pisses me off how they considered themselves one of the best guilds on AD when in fact they were terribads :p.

Here's a for the last raid I was on with them. I'd advise you to not pay much attention to the marrowgar fight tho, as I had a bet running with my friend (shinoda) that I could out DPS him without my pet. I couldn't, so I called him in roughly half-way through :p. This was a while ago, though, but I won't make excuses.

T7 (Naxx, Malygos, Sartharion, S3D) - Full
T8 (Ulduar) - Full normal, some hardmode experience
T9 (ToC, ToGC) - Full Normal, 4/5 HC
T10 11/12 Normal - With some hardmode experience from the 10 man.

TL;DR I've been playing since the beta and I've always been an avid raider. My Hardmode experience is lacking, but not for lack of effort, but for being in a backwater realm where killing Putricide 25 Normal now is considered skill.

About Me

About me as a person. I've always been a team player, and that's partly why I enjoy raiding so much. Making a team effort always makes the reward bigger than making a single person effort. I'm competitive, and intelligent. I always make sure I try and play my character to it's utmost limits (JC/BS should be a good indicator of this), as well as an avid min-maxer. I'm also a natural leader, but I have no issue with following or taking orders, and being a former raid leader, I know the importance of "good" raid members. Naturally I Have vent and a microphone.

I'd like to think I'm a contribution to any raid team because I go above and beyond. I know that my DPS a a corpse on the floor is going to be 0, so that extra half a second of DPS isn't really gonna net me any increase.
I always try my best to be flawless, but if mistakes are made, you can make sure I've learned my lesson from said mistake. Again, happy to answer any questions you might have about me.

Not much to say here really. ArPen Proc trinket because my passive ArPen isn't high enough to go for the hardcap. My gear is a little bit lacking, but I have some 100~EoF's so I can buy the gloves, but untill I get 2 more tokens to upgrade my 251 pieces to 264, I gain my DPS by keeping my 2pT9 bonus, even if it's shitty 245 pieces.
BS/JC For maximum benefit of my character, and the gem in my boot (16+ hit rating) is there because of the 6+ Agility bonus. It gives me more benefit than gemming a 20+ agility gem and going for icewalker (Which wouldn't get me to the hit cap anyway).
The spec is pretty cookie cutter with no TSA because there was another hunter providing that. I'd have 3/3 Imp. HM if I didn't need the hit, though. Naturally raiding with the wolf, not the crab.

Computer specs
Motherboard: ATI CrossHair III Formula
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.81 GHZ
GFX Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850
RAM: 8 GB
Connection: Solid 24 Mbits (I use leatrixs' latency fix, so my ping on AD was average 70, and AD is a bad realm for my ISP). Haven't had issues with my internet dying on me even once since I changed to this ISP. I used to have Comhem /spit.

Those are really the fundamentals and as you can see my comp is a beast, and the motherboard allows for so many more upgrades.

Conclusion
I feel like I've covered everything I wanted to cover. I would've liked to show you a link of me frapsing our first Sindragosa kill, but alas, I threw away those clips when I quit the previous guild, they were just chewing on my HDD space.
So simply, pick me if you want to improve your raid team. Results guaranteed.

Post subject: Re: Hunter Application
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 pm 
Casual

Seen your application, We will discuss it during our next meeting.

smurf

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post subject: Re: Hunter Application
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:47 pm 
Casual

Accepted, Transfer over and whisper an officer for invite.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post subject: Re: [Accepted] Hunter Application
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:35 pm 

Just congratulating my friend here. ^^ Suppose I'll be coming over to Tal'nivarr regardless of my application then.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 pm 
Ex-Officer

Don't use accents in your name!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 am 

Yeah, accents is for noobs! Sórrow, Duús, Fàme, Räser, FUUU!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:11 am 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:02 pm 
Ex-Officer

Still waiting!..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:44 pm 
Casual

Nvm transferring. Declined.