[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Warlock App

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Warlock App
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:34 pm 

Name - Howard hart
Age -18
Country - England
Play Time - 103 days and 38 days at 80.

Character Info

Name - Howardhart
Class - Warlock
Race - Human, but i would go orc if i was going horde, due to the extra damage on pet and extra trinket. (meaning the 2 mins cd).
Level - 80
Main PvE Spec - Affliction at the moment, but can go any spec. I used to play Desto for about a year untill afflication was the better spec for me in damage, ive been demo a lot of times too for the extra buffs.
Armory Link - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Howardhart
Alts - Kaeli rogue, Orcdkhoward dk. Howardolol shaman, howardhartt mage.

Professions

Professions - Talioring and Jewel Crafting.
Profession Skill - 450, 440
Cooking Skill - 300
First Aid Skill - 450
Fishing Skill - 350

PvE Experience

The Burning Crusade - I was able to clear everything in my guild parabellum: This includes the following: Kara, Grull, Maggtheridon, Zul'aman, TK, SSC, Hyjul and Black temple. Was never able to kill any bosses in Sunwell tho.

Wrath of The Lich King -
have cleared the following;
Naxx 10-25,
Sartharion 10-25,
Malygos 10-25,
Onxyia 10-25
ulduar 10-25,
Call of the Crusade 10-25,
IceCrown Citidal 10, 11/12 Heroic (I also have completed Glory of the IceCrown Raider)
IceCrown Citidal 25, 11/12.

Guild Info

Prevoius Guilds:
I am curently in a friends guild at this moment in time, called Ressurgence. The reason for this is because i was in vanguard an alliance guild, and i left to create a guild with a real life friend, but we invited people and did things on which we disagreed on, so for the benifit of his guild and for me i left. (short story, dont want to drag out all day on everything)
But In WOTLK, i started off in a guild called Parabellum which i was in tbc with, I then decided to create a guild with my best friend in real life called luke, ingame called lukosta. We shared the guild but he was the actual guild leader. We raided and was able to clear everything in WOTLK that was released at the time, this included Naxx, Malygoes and Sarth 3D, and at the time i cant remember really that well it was a while ago now, but there wasnt many guilds at all on the server that done Sarth 3D, except the top guilds. After irl issues we decided to end the guild as we couldn't make every raid that was going on and tbh there wasn't anyone else that could lead the raid if we wasnt there. After weeks on end of trying to find anyone to lead the raid, we could find someone suitable enough to do, so we folded. After the time in Versatile i joined Vanguard, another alliance guild. I was in there untill about 3 weeks ago. In Vanguard i was able to clear ICC25, 11/12, and in Heroic 10 man, was able to clear 11/12, and on lich king only 2nd phase. I left Vangurd to try and create the old versatile, but we had another person in charge aswell as myself and lukosta, a guy called silks. I was told that it was going to be me and Lukosta again as guild leaders. This was not the case, it was Lukosta and Silks that were, and i was only an officer, after that i didnt really have much say in anything at all really, as much as i tried to do stuff, i was told not too. Now after i was told i was going to be GM and everything was going to be done with me and Lukosta having a say in everything, and that not happening, i got fustrated each day and decided to leave for the better good.

Why have you applied to Crab People : I want to join Crab People is because they have what im looking for. Good experience in ICC25 man heroic, active, and i spoke to a few ingame and seem'd really friendly. I also want to join because i think that Crab People can kill lich king 25 on heroic in the near future. One of my key goals when i play anygame not just wow, is to do the best and be able to kill the hardest bosses. (which im sure everyone else tries too lol). I want to be able to make new friends in the guild too, so when not raiding ICC, then to have fun and mess around, doing PvP or w/e.

My Rotation
My rotation as Affliction, is usually coa and corr at a start of a fight is becuase 9 times out of 10, your actually running towards the boss, then using instant casts obviusly saves you time and thenfore giving you more dps. But if you take Sourfang as an example where, your not moving at all. This i would start with Haunt, Shadow bolt, Unstable affliction, Corr, CoA, then shadow bolt filler, and under 25% i would use drain soul.

Pots anf Flasks
I always have about 5 flasks for raids anf about 20-30 speed pots. I als carry health pots and mana pots, incase other people in the raid may need them.

Raids and Progress Raids
I like to do progress raids becuase i think that were gettitng some where, dont know if you feel the same but i do lol. Cant say i really like going into a play like ICC every week and farming the same bosses for people that need the loot. I like to get to the harder bosses.

Add Ons
EPGP, Forte, omen, recount and DBM. I dont bother with bigwigs or stuff like that, becuase i think it takes up your screen.

Ventrillo or team speak
I have TeamSpeak and Ventrillo installed and i am always willing to speak up on the mic if needed.

Connection
I have a 10 meg connection, and its very stable dont ever get dissconnects really.
My MS is usually around 100.

Additional Information
I am a very quick learner and i watch movies before a fight for about 1-2 hours and read up what to do.

There is a few thing about my spec that may differ to other peoples. The talents are these:
1) Dark Pact, i know alot of people may think this is useless and better off being in another talent. This i do not agree on, if there is a way that can help healers when needed, then do it imo, and at the time i was doing syndragosa 10 man HC, and the healers wasnt able to heal, so i spec'd for it. The main reason for Dark pact is that it activates the glyph of lifetap and gives more mana so in the long run that is less downtime which equals more dps.
2) Fel Concentration, i know alot of people dont decided to spec 3/3 into this, but again i beleive in alot of fights now, there would be some kind of knockback effect, just for an example, first boss in ICC, there would be some point where you get hit, (even tho your not ment too, but it happens).

Thank you for taking the time to read my app, i look forward to hearing from you.
Howard Hart

Post subject: Re: Warlock App
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:47 pm 
King Crab

armory link isnt working

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:50 pm 
Casual

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:04 pm 

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Howardhart

That one should work if it isnt fixed for you.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:25 pm 
Casual

Got any logs perhaps?

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:53 pm 

Can you explain why you are using black magic/haste pots over spellpower/wild magic pots? Also with the amount of hit you got you should really use the crafted 245 bracers over those 251 ones if you can't replace other gear parts that is. I don't think skipping supression talents for hit on gear is a good idea anyway if you're affliction.

Anyway good luck with the application!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:18 pm 

The reason im using haste pots over every other pot is due to it gives me more damage in fights, just through tried and tested and seeing what other people use really. And maybe on the bracers but i would lose Spell power and haste to gain crit, maybe i would get more damage but on Rawr too, it does say the bracers im using are better. I would get 294.71 dps with the ones i have, with the crafted ones i would get 289.54.

Your right about skipping supression being a bad idea tho, but ive skipped it because obviously i dont need it, but with the gear where i have hit which could be replaced with crit, just hasn't drop'd or out bidded really.

And i havnt got any logs, but if you really wanted to we acutally broadcast our 10 man raids on wednesday's, if you wanted to watch, (but you would be raiding your self im sure).

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:58 pm 

Rawr can say all it wants, but to me it's seems quite obvious which ones are better when you cross out the hit which you are 4.67% over cap after talenting properly (http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=47586;51007).

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm 

Ok well, ill take your advice on board and ill start farming for the mats, and get them crafted. I suppose the best way of seeing which is better is to try them both out.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:21 pm 
Casual

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next