[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Esoxlucius MM hunter

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Esoxlucius MM hunter
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm 

Personal Information
Name: Anton Eckhardt
Nationality: Dutch
Total played time: 93 days, 44 on lvl 80 (only hunter that is)
Play schedule availability: Monday till thursdays, Sunday’s are not 100% as I got to spent time with the girlfriend aswell. But in my current guild we raid sundays till thursdays and i got between 80-90% attendency

Character Information
Character’s Name: Esoxlucius
Class/Race: Hunter, Orc
Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Esoxlucius

Character/Game-play Questions

Please explain the strengths and weaknesses of your spec:
I am specced MM with fully arp. The strengths is obviously its dps and they way arp scales. You can put nice sustainable dps on a boss. The weak part is you rely more on autoshots and steady shots than survival, therefore moving has to be planned better (stotterwalking ftw). Aswell as the dps on low hp adds is less strong than survival’s adds dps cause of piercing shots and serpent sting is not applied, or cant tick enough.
You also rely heavily on a paladin using JoW, BoW (or totem) otherwise you spent (to) much time in viper. But overall I think its the strongest dps specc a hunter can have at the moment.
My 2nd spec is survival, tho I rarely use it and I need to change it a tad because of some gearupgrades. Something I will do this week.

In which areas do you feel you could improve yourself when it comes to raiding?
I am working on knowing the mechanics of other classes in a raid so I get a better feeling of the raid as a whole instead of tunnelvisioning on my own character. I think this most important thing to learn for me.

Do you have any WWS logs or world of logs etc so we can check your performance?
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/17983/

You’re History

What are your past PvE experiences?
Vanilla: I didnt play back than
Tbc: I started playing pretty late, SWP was released allready. It was very hard to find a guild at that time that was decently raiding. Luckily I found one that was raiding BT (The Awakening, who where up to essence boss before nerfs, after nerf it was a faceroll fest and I think you’re not interessted in that part) My first 25 man raid experience was with them in BT. I really learned a lot in this guild and owe them a lot!
Wotlk: At the start of WoWLK I joined the #1 guild (The Dominion) on my server (Aggramar) and raided all bosses inclusive the hardmodes (all except Anub, as our GM and MT just can’t be arsed with that fight, and yogg 0) Some of these we did prenerf (XT, General Vezax, Hodir, Thorim were all prenerf I think) Mimiron was after the first nerf I think. We had huge problems in the summer with our raidroster and our progress slowed a lot. Most people couldnt focus on ToGC, as they thought it was boring and mindnumbing. I think our GM and mt almost quited the game at that point, I think that is the big reason why we didnt even really tried anub on hc mode. This led to some very good players leaving and starting another guild (I’ve been asked to join them aswell, but I just couldnt leave my guild behind. Some of those players helped me through a very hard time in my reallife (illness and spent whole summer in hospital) and I owed them my loyalty) This guild didnt worked out as intented and many of those player left for other realms to join topguilds there. The Dominion had to recruit a lot of new people, and most of them just dont have what it takes to make the guild what is was. Our progress was just not what it used to be, and the guild is getting worse and worse (no #1 anymore either I think). That and the fact most of the players I enjoyed playing with leaving made me decide I needed to find a new home.
I found this new home in Equilibrium, a horde guild on Balnazzar. We pushed our way through ICC normal and hc, and ended up on worldrank 132. I learned a lot raiding with these guys as the standard was quite a bit higher than my previous guild and I enjoyed it a lot. The problems kicked in when we had to attempt LK HC and we suffered a lot of attendencyproblems aswell as some core members quitting. I think in the last few weeks we had like 3 nights of serious attempts on the LK, in which we came to like 50% which for the amount of attempts (During the raidnights we had a lot of keyhealers dc’ing and not coming back so overall we had like 50 serious tries on those few weeks) wasn’t that bad in my opinion. Last week tho the officiers decided to pull the plug, as one got a spot offered in Method and another just couldn’t be arsed anymore. So its time to found another home yet again.

Summary: - The Dominion: Naxx EoE Ulduar incl hc modes, 4/5 ToGC
- Equilibrium: 5/5 ToGC, ICC 11/12 (hc modes mostly prebuff)

Have you taken any extended breaks from WoW before? No, I raided a bit less in the summer, due our roster aswell as my month in hospital (tho i could manage to get my pc there and raided a bit of ToC)

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave them?
As stated in my pve experience;
Before and first part of being lvl 70 I was in some social guilds, to level up with some friends. When I dinged 70 I tried to get in a decent raiding guild, which was very hard at that time as most devent raiding guilds were in BT or SWP at that time. Me being a hunter in emblemgear and no experience with raids made it hard to get a guild. Luckily I got in The Awakening, a guild that raided Hyjal Summit and BT. I raided as survival hunter here and learned a lot about the 25 man raiding style. I still have loads of friends from this time. When WoWlk came I pretty soon joined The Dominion, as classic WoW raiding guild with the most server firsts on their name. With this guild I experienced all but Anub hc and Yogg 0 bosses.
My current guild fell apart due to lack of attendency on LK hc aswell as some core members quitting the game and one leaving for another guild.

Have you been in a position of responsibility in a guild before (i.e. an officer rank or something similar)?
No

Motivations

What are you primary reasons for wanting to PvE?
I like the teamwork that is involved in getting raids done. I like the feeling off getting a boss down (especcially if its a server first!) after several tries, the rush you get from that is what makes WoW special (at least used to, the easyness you can kill some content at the moment makes that feeling less, luckily there are hardmodes tho)

What made you apply Cráb People?
Well since I wanted to join a guild that is pushing itself to get the best out of their players I was looking for a guild that had at least done a lot of the hc modes in ICC before the buffs, so I browsed the internet (Wowprogress and wow-europe.com) to get an idea of guilds looking for a hunter (or a druid as I got a decent geared feral who can push out quite some dps aswell) During this search I came to your website and overall it looked very promising to I decided to take a shot for this guild.

Are you active outside of raids?
I have a feral druid I love to do alt raids with, its pretty decent geared and its dps is quite oke. Is also helps me farm mats I need for my main character. On my old server I also have a lock and a rogue but I hardlyplay on those. I am also leveling several alts to help me understand their mechanics which helps me in raids.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ar&cn=Esox

Why should we give you a trial, what can you offers us?
I am a skilled hunter that knows every inch of his class and likes to theorycraft a lot about it. I am experienced and a quick learner, aswell as a social player. I am focussed and always prepared when it comes to raidnights, which I attend as much as possible. I am everything but selfish when it comes to loot (tho I think I saw you guys use dkp so this isnt something important, in my current gear we just roll on it so people passing and such for others is an issue) and always willing to help people with anything they need I can help them with. (alt runs, old content for gear etc.)

What do you expect from us?
I expect a mature raiding environment. People focussing on raidnights, and relaxing on non raidmoments. I expect people to take responsibility for their actions, and dont make mistakes over and over again. With other words, I expect people doing as good as they can while raiding.
Further I expect people to have respect for their guildies but that should be obvious :-D

Character customization/Extra:

What addons do you use?
Quite a lot, but the ones important for raiding are
Pitbull for my raidframe and targetframes (combined with clique for my druid resto spec)
Classtimers for cd management
DBM for warnings en bossabilities
Dominos for action bars
Chatter squeenix, skinner and such are not important I think

Can you provide a screen shot of your current UI?
http://www.mijnbestand.nl/Bestand-V68S4NY684LA.jpg
It is slightly change since this screen shot, I moved some bars and made it slightly less clustered. But I think it shows that I have eye for details and like to have as much information as possible (procs, debuffs etc)

Do you have any other information or anything else to add?
If you have any questions regarding my application, dont hesistate and give me a pm. I allways can log my a lvl 1 toon to have a private chat with you.

Post subject: Re: Esoxlucius MM hunter
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:33 pm 
Casual

Read your app. We will get back to you soon ( TM )

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 am 

A thing I forgot to tell you in my application:

From 7 june till 11 june I am off for an excursion from school. On the other hand: during the summer I wont be on vacation so my attendency wont be affected by any vacation or what so ever ;-). Hope this wont be an issue, but it seemed fair to tell you this before you made your decision.

Regards Esox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 pm 
Casual

Ill give you an answer tomorrow!

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 pm 
Casual

Accepted!

Wisper an officer ingame for an invite.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 pm 
Casual

change to a easyer name please!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 pm 
Ex-Officer

But don't add an accent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:38 pm