[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Ekkyo - Holy/Disc/Shadow

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Ekkyo - Holy/Disc/Shadow
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:18 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

Hello again ô.Ô

Before I move along with my application I would like to thank you for taking the time reading through it. Any feedback, criticisms etc. are welcome, and I will gladly answer any questions you may have regarding my application.

- About me

My name is Karl Johan. I'm a 21 year old student from Haugesund, a rather small town located in the west region of Norway. I'm currently awaiting an answer regarding school to continue where I left off with Media, Communications & IT-studies. I'm hoping to drag my lazy butt through the years and head off for an University. The past year I've had a so called "off year". I've simply taken the time to catch my breath, and had a job working as a fireguard. However, due to an accident I got injured for two months. Which of course I recieved documentation for. The job only lasted for three months, so after my accident I've haven't been doing much. This lead to that I've spent most of my time in the basement. Just me, my sweatpants and my beloved computer. Personal interests apart from gaming would be spending time with my friends, catching a movie, series & drawings.

- Previous Games

I first started off with Diablo I and II, which lead on to Counter Strike in the 1.5 days. Once I got to 9th grade I started taking gaming seriously and got involved with "eSport", played and qualified for various tournaments & leages such as ESWC & WCG. I still play Counter Strike from time to time when there's nothing else going on. I'm done with the serious part off it as the Norwegian CS community has taken a huge step backwards since the last time I played in 07. Not to mention my former clan members who were all local friends took farewell with the game weeks before I did. Playing gather and casual mixes & cups with friends is still very enjoyable and it's probably something I'll keep on doing till they all stop.

- My character

Name: Ekkyo
Class: Priest
Race & Gender: Undead Male
Spec: Holy / Discipline
Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... rr&n=ekkyo
Primary Professions: Alchemy elixir master 450 & Enchanter 443.
My /Played: 33 days total, 26 days at 80.

Dicipline started out as my ''Main specc'' once reaching lvl 80 and gathering gear. I enjoyed the playstyle in both PvE(power word shield spam gets boring) & PvP and stuck to it. I swaped around between Holy and Disc depending on the encounter and when the speccs are most needed. Saying that I should add I'm the only healing priest in my current guild <Catch> therefor I swap around a lot. I have reasonable Shadow gear for an alternative spec. Items are all up to a 251-264 average iLvL apart from trinkets. Due to <Catch> being an Norwegian only guild apart from two Swedish players, the summer vacation has put a stop to our raiding as of June.

I tried looking up WWS logs but due to the inactivity the logs are out of date and are about to be deleted. I'll ask the officers around if they ever show up and get back to you when possible.

- Alts.

Cakefart formely known as Ekkorn, Rogue. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=cakefart
My first character and it remained that way til Wrath of the Lich King. Engineering & Jewelcrafting - 266 days played

Ekky my Death Knight, also my 2nd character. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... arr&n=ekky
Inactive since Ulduar. Current occupation: Flask bot. Engineering & Herbalism - 39 days played

Mylittlepwny, my 3rd character. Mage http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... littlepwny
Mostly used for alt raids, pugs & PvP. Engineering & Jewelcrafting - 55 days played

Duplex my warrior and final alt. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&n=duplex
I've loved the warrior pvp aspect since TBC so I had to make one. Mostly used for PvP, tanking dungeons & raids or causing chaos as fury. Mining & Blacksmithing
- 34 days played

- Raiding Experience.

Vanilla: Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Zul'Gurub, AQ20/AQ40 and Naxxramas.
TBC: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, SSC, TK, Hyjal, Black Temple, Zul'Aman and Sunwell.

Wrath of the Lich King:
Naxxramas: 10/25 Player -cleared-
Malygos: 10/25 Player -cleared-
Sartharion: 10/25 player -cleared- 3D included.
Ulduar: 10/25 player -cleared-
ToC: 10/25 Player -cleared- 4/5 Heroic
ICC: 10/25 Player -cleared- 11/12 10m HC, 9/12 25m HC.

I've been around for quite some time, always been eager to succeed in both PvE and PvP. And I plan to maintain that for aslong as I play the game.
I compete to be one of the best, it's in the human nature to be competative.

- Previous guilds;
<Infested> Stormscale EU, Vanilla. Rogue
<State of the Art> Talnivarr EU, Vanilla. Rogue
<Showtime> Talnivarr EU, "local" guild off TBC. Rogue
<School Bus> Talnivarr EU, TBC. Rogue
<Madhouse> Talnivarr EU, TBC. Rogue
<Cráb People> Rogue / Death Knight.

Once I grew bored of death knight as you're aware off I made my mage, continued doing alt raids in Ulduar & ToC25.
After that I made my warrior which then lead on to my Priest. And here I am now, in <Catch> with some off my remaining friends and a bunch of cool, friendly, weird but inactive Norwegians. Having cleared ICC 10 and 25, 11/12 Hardmodes in 10man and 9/12 in 25. Struggeling to recruit solid playes as we have no real forum and being all Norwegian doesn't help either.

- My addons & interface.

Grid, DBM, Recount & Omen. I like having a simple and clean UI to make it easier to notice stuff going on around me and to the raid. Makes positioning alot easier and if your in a good spot your less likely to suffer loads of damage or even die. I'm no good to the raid if I'm dead.

- Why Crábs?

Because I like ponies and long walks on the beach. I've known several of you since Burning Crusade and your all a bunch of crazy people, which I do admire.
And Git promised me Sandwiches, lots of sandwiches.

- Why me?

I'm a reliable guy except for when there's a new expansion coming out featuring a hero class which get's me addicted to it, and after a couple of months there's a robot who ruins my fun and Ghostcrawler gave me the nerf bat patch after patch after patch so I grew tired and annoyed by the game. BUT NOT ANYMORE! I've found THE one class that makes the game fun again, I save poor souls from dying, I travel around in Azeroth healing injured hordes and smite down my enemies like theres no tomorrow.
Besides, I know ya miss me.

- Last words.

I'd like to thank you once again for taking the time to read my application. I hope I didn't miss anything crucial, but as said I would be happy to answer questions if any.
And I'll see what I can do about WWS logs.

With kind regards.

Ekkyo

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

Post subject: Re: Ekkyo - Holy/Disc/Shadow
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 pm 
King Crab

nice app :)

was wondering a few things: did you do all hardmode stuff in ulduar as well? (mimi, yogg+0, algalon)?

how far did you get on anub hc / missing hardmodes in icc25?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:46 pm 
Casual

<3 ekky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:55 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:41 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

Forgot about my speccs, currently I've got a PvP disc build and a PvE shadow build as I've only been doing pugs as shadow since I got back from my vacation.

Holy spec of choice:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuZfE0 ... uAo:0NdVMz
Regarding glyphs:
I would keep Glyph of Renew with me for the raids, as in some situations I've found it more useful then Guardian Spirit.

Disc spec of choice:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuhhVR ... Lxc:AbdVMz
I've mostly been using Glyph of Flash Heal, as there has been some encounters where I've actually had to use more then PoM, PW:s and Penance, and before I got my hands on Solace it burned my mana. But with my current gear I would pick Glyph of Prayer of Healing over Flash Heal.

crossing my fingers that the links actually works.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:49 pm 
Casual

HAI EKKORN!!! <3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 pm 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:58 pm 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:41 pm 
Ex-Officer

1840.48| You have learned a new spell: Lightwell (Rank 6).
1842.11| You receive item: [Glyph of Lightwell].

I kid you not.

Also, I'll get back to the actual application soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm 
Ex-Officer

Accepted <3

Enigma.