[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Ðangerous - Rogue Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Ðangerous - Rogue Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:28 am 

Hello there Crab people, i just want to say i hope you guys enjoy reading this application and maybe it can give me a shot for a trial if you`re satisfied with the example i give you, As Well need to add i need to Give some Credit to Zelest, that apply inspired me alot for this application, hope that wont afflict anything regarding to it, since its mostly layout and few questions. at least, thanks Zelest.

Character:
Name: Ðangerous
Class: Rogue
Spec: combat 20/51/0
Sex: male
Race: Undead
Armory:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&cn=%C3%90angerous
Server: Talnivarr
UI: http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1917 ... 083829.jpg
i miss Some addons on this Ui, as well couldn't show the raid frames unless i had X-perl up. but missing addon not showing at the UI is more or less only Omen

Why do i play a rogue?:
The reason i wanted to play rogue in the beginning was because i simply was bored of Pve at Vanilla, i played my little Gnome warlock for pve all the time. and was not in an hardcore guild but a semicore one. we raided for 4 days a week, never got any far, but the thing with this was it was alot of fun being with the other people in the raid and at least try to progress with them. so, when i started off with pvp, i tried with my warlock had some fun. to it came to the World PVP. i got PHWND, like really bad. really just 1 shotted all the damn times of them Damn rogues just coming and showing off and just rofl pwn me all the time. so while i was on youtube, i found two high rated rogues named Niar and Grim. i think the first night i just saw the movies from those like a 100 times. and when i finally realized i had used over 9 hours just watching them nonstop, it just did hit me i had to lvl a rogue, for the real fun of PVP.so, i got my ass of Youtube, started leveling Rogue nonstop, and in mater of months i was 60! and started the real PVP. ( months, yeah i said it, didn't have the nerf XP or leveling gear)

Glyph`s and Spec:

Spec:
Combat, 20/51/0, the usual and most common raiding spec for rogue.

Glyphs:
Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Sinister Strike - Reason why i choose this one is because my main ability for combo points as Combat is Sinister strike, and with the Extra Crit of the spell i really
boost my Damage.
Glyph of Killing spree - this is one of the spells rogue got with most Burst damage, so its really useful with less Coldown on it. at least i find it really useful.
Glyph of Tricks of the Trade - Reason why i use this is to help out the tanks in the start, to help them with better Threat, as well helping out some DPS with more DPS in longer Fights, or simply benefit me and a other rogue with trading them to each other, same as the others it really help out me or others on DPS.

Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of safe fall - really just help me survive if i fall off stuff and tbh really getting used to it ( for instance from BQL down to the wing ) or higher jumps where i usually fail.
Glyph of Vanish - found this one really useful in ICC for traps sometimes, if our tank is in a hurry and i come in combat ( aoe ) of the exploding adds i can just Vanish and be really fast on disarming the traps. also at Putricide, Vanish before Tear gas ( normal ) and get fast to the boss to egt up a garrote before nuking either the Oze or putri.
Glyph of Blurred Speed - Simply because i didn't find anyone else useful, at least can use it after twins to Anub in toc or something? hehe.

Gear and Upgrades?:
My gear is Far from perfect, and multiple reasons for this is because ive been unlucky all the way. i really just had no luck at all, and as a Combat Pve rogue i don't really need the 4th Set bonus of my tier 10 so i save my badges/ use it on other items, but as far as i know i got the best parts i can have except Death`s Verdic outside Icecrown at the moment.
How ever for the lack of gear i really are pleased with my DPS, perhaps for my % of Arp, and other stats regarding to the gear i have.
But, i am aware of upgrades to, Trinkets i got one BiS, the second is kind off bad. but no luck on DW or DV. same with the 10 man heroic trinket from LDW, apart from that in gear/Pugs its really only the bracers i could improve i`m pretty sure of, or well the Throw from rotface shouldn't be to bad either.

Addons:
At the moment i`m using really simple addons, really only for raid frames. Debuffs marks and so on. been looking on rogue forums and Curse and so on for Spesific addons only for rogues but had no luck in finding one.
X-perl - For raid frames and better marking options and debuffs and so on.
Recount.
DBM
Omen

Computer Specs:
- Silver Power SP-SS500 500W
- AMD Athlon II X2 250, 3,0Ghz, AM3, 2MB, 65W, Boxed
- Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB
- MSI GF615M-P33, Socket-AM3, m-ATX, GeForce 6150se, DDR3,SATAII, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16
- Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512MB
- Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2 16MB 7200RPM

This maybe wont be understand able for everyone, at least to make it simple, its a pretty new Computer, its not the best on the marked, but its really working really really well for the intention gaming i am doing at the moment, World of warcraft. MW2. Stracraft2 and so on.

Internet connection:
got a 30mbit downloading and 10mbit uploading, means i never usually have lag, never experienced it on this network and so far no disconnects

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla:
Back in vanilla i raided mostly on my warlock, i have almost no raid experience apart from some MC, ZG and AQ20 on my rogue, how ever i did this on my warlock:
ZG - Cleared
MC - Cleared
Aq20 - cleared
Aq40 - 2 bosses
BWL - 4 bosses
Naxx - 0 bosses

this is because fairly after lvl 80 on my rogue i more or less rerolled rogue, and when i did i kind off rerolled from PVE to PVP with it. and really cant Excuse me more for not having more experience back in vanilla.

TBC:
In TBC i raided all the time on my rogue, was on Khadgar with my friends, and my guild was named Domus, back then it was one of the best guilds on the server and was really skilled and progressed really fast. enjoyed every day with those people.
Karazhan - Cleared
ZG - Cleared
Gruul - Cleared
Maggy - Cleared
SSc - cleared
TK - 3/4
BT - Cleared
MH - Cleared

i never tryed SWP with Domus, since they merged with a other guild, think they are named Bovine Intervention now. not 100% sure, how ever after that i just kind off gave off and started with some PVP again and pugging with my friends.

Wrath Of the Lich King:
In Wotlk i raided with a guild called Conundrum, where ive done most of my raiding, as well its a Norwegian guild and didn't get really far at all, how ever i cleared some instances with them, but i left them because i had some IRL problems to take care of. and now it seems like they are disbanding since they absolutely don't raid at the summer and alot of players don't like that. how ever this is my experience.
Naxx 10/25 - Cleared
Voa 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10/25 - Don`t really have alot of experience in ulduar, since ive only pugged it as i left my last serious guild just at the release of Ulduar, had some fun on some bosses in there but never raided this content serious at all.
Toc 10/25 - Cleared
Togc 10 - 4/5
togc 25 - had beasts on like 40%, the last add. but for some reason many people love to camp when he charges, especially hunters, so they are sure they die instead of dispelling the rage o.O
Icc 10 - 11/12. had some really good tries on LK. wiped on 18% last time. but i have done 7 on heroic, Dreamwalker have kinda not been a option with shaman/druid/priest healers, wheres them damn paladins?
Icc 25- done 11/12 here to, never had good enough Pugs/joined guild runs good enough for him, that or people just feel like loosing their internet after a few tries or just simply leaving because they are to " good " for wiping sometimes. and i don't know if it counts, but ive done lootship hc :O!

Key Bindings:

1 = Rupture/Cheap shot in stealth
2 = Sinister strike/ Garrote in Stealth
3 = Slice and Dice
4 = Eviscerate
5 = Gauge
6 = Kidney shot
7 = Envenom
8 = this one i use for multiple stuff, for instance Rocket pack on Gunship. quest item on sindragosa and so on. simply stuff that's in need of being used is put here.
9 = First aid
F = Blind
Shift + v = fan of knives
Ctrl + 1 = killing Spree
ctrl + 2 = Blade flurry
Ctrl + 3 = Adrenaline Rush
Ctrl + 4 = Tricks of the Trade
Ctrl + f = Dismantle
Shift + 1 = Cloak of shadows
shift + 2 = Trinket
Shift + 3 = Evasion
Shift + F = Lifeblood
v = kick
shift + 5 = vanish.
MB5 = deadly throw
x = raptor
g = feint

this is my current Binds. really simple ones but it works for me, and most of them i know in my head and really don't have to focus on what to press to do what i`m needed to do.

My Availability:
at the moment i don't work or go to school, as far as i know ive dedicated my life to gaming, and ive been lucky enough to find a Girl to share this passion with. so my availability is decent enough. pretty much online on wow when i don't sleep. and i kind of only sleep when i feel like to. at least having 5-17 hours online a day, it all depends if my family or friends really want me to come along on something AFK.

About me:
Name: Marius Guttelvik

i`m a boy in the mid age of gaming, really love gaming, and i got most of the games out there, but every new game i try can be fun the first two weeks but so far it always get back to world of warcraft. i still play them. and i still play wow when i try out the new games, but its something about this game that's keep me interested what ever new games i tries. ive played world of warcraft since the beta, and i guess u can put me in the statistics for addicted gamers, cant lie and say no on that. how ever i like to party, and sometimes be social with other gamers and check out new games or movies. so that CP have raid off days on Fridays and Saturdays is also positive for me, don't really mind that.

Why i want to join Crab People:
i want to join Crab people because i want to get into Raiding again, and i`m a really Excellent Lerner, for new fights. and to get into serious raiding again and to be with a good raiding team i think Crab people is the place for me. as well as ive been doing some pugs with some of the guys in there and really enjoyed it, they all are great players as far as i know, as well Friendly. and ofc i can handle jokes and sarcasm, but if you joke with me, expect to get something back and be able to handle that.

Why do Crab people want/need me?:
i am a really serious rogue, i know my class in and out, i keep my self up to date with everything new for rogues when it comes to stats and spec and new spells and specs inc in new patches. i am a really fast Lerner when it comes down to new encounters and raiding progress, as well as i don't mind wiping, i kind of liking it to learn new stuff, and progress as a team. even if my gear lack some i am a good DPS, if i fail on something i wont do it again, i learn after the first time. if you give me a special task, and explain it fast/ letting me read it up it wont be a problem, i am not afraid at all to try new stuff even if it put me in the risk of failing.
as well, i know my raid experience is really low for what Crab people have done. but i know more or less every fight in there, except sindragosa and LK. as i got many friends in hardcore guilds ive watched alot. readed up on tactics and watched movies. as well as Halion HC, i understand most of it. keep drake around 40-60% and hide from beems? really wounder how hard the outside must be then, hehe.

Last Words:
Ok, so i know i lack gear and experience in achievements. but i can promise you if you give me a trial you wont regret it, even with my gear i can push good DPS, i lern fast. i am really skilled at my class i at least believe. i am a Dedicated raided. really love every aspect of raiding. i don't mind wipes at all, as i said i kind of like it as long as its not old progression bosses over and over again because of the same failure that can put the raid in a sad mood. rather want a fun and relaxed clear then when it comes to that.

Really hope you at least enjoyed reading this application, and maybe in the future we will raid together.

Thx, Ðangerous

Post subject: Re: Ðangerous - Rogue Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:03 am 
King Crab

Can you give some examples of how you use tricks of the trade on various fights in icc/rs?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 pm 

In the start of all fight im tricksing the tank in most fight atleast. But usually after i have tricksed the tank maybe the rogues want to make an trick rotation for more dps or trick other classes with an threath reduction spell for more dmg/dps. In fights like RS i would trick the small add tank so healers dont die from healing agro on small embers. But this is how i would do it, but if you want me to assign me to do it how you feel its correct then i do it like that :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:51 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:40 pm 

Can you take initiative? Cause that seems to be a huge problem for pretty much every rogue we had. Taking initiative to sort the fucking tricks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:50 pm 

tricks are fine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:09 pm 
King Crab

zuma/siph are just a bit frustrated with some other rogues we had/have ;)
don't mind them too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:17 pm 

haha not bothered :) understand how the situation have been for most of the rogues/other guild members if it have been lack of bothering with a simple task like throwing up tott on people, when its one of the tasks rogues have

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:22 pm 

Herbalism isn't a good pve profession and 16 agility on cloak isn't the best enchant available for a cloak, also you may want to change 32 attack power on boots to tuskarr's, also go +10 stats on chest :D