[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Kestro - Shadow Priest, X-realm Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Kestro - Shadow Priest, X-realm Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:13 am 

- First name: Barry

- In-game name: Kestro
- Class: Priest
- Race: Troll

- How reliable are your computer and internet connection?

My computer has never failed on me thus far, neither has my internet connection at my residence.

- Do you have 2 professions that are useful for raiding?

Jewelcrafting and Tailoring, both providing benefits for raiding.

- Are you fluent at speaking and understanding English, and also able to use your mic to communicate with us on vent during raids?

Absolutely, answering all of the above questions.

- Provide a detailed description of your guild history, and what accomplishments and raiding experience you have with your previous guilds.

Pre-TBC:

Playing a hunter named Xyndro on The Venture Co in a guild called Howling Moon, we cleared full MC, BWL, AQ20, ZG, ZA, 3 bosses AQ40 and spider wing in Naxx. I was in this guild since I was level 56 until it disbanded a month after TBC was released, because 3 officers decided to quit playing along with several core members.

TBC:

Playing a Retribution Paladin called Keynee in the guild Last Resort, we cleared all content available - before nerf. We had the world 2nd kill on Illidan after Nihilum. With some slower progress in SWP we managed to clear it after wiping week after week on M'uru. Last Resort still exists today, but the leader Banai quit the game after we cleared Naxx/OS3d/Malygos because everyone felt bored with clearing old content, since most of the guildmembers had cleared Naxxramas pre-TBC. Therefore I rerolled with some friends on Kor'Gall after a while playing my priest, Kestro.

WOTLK:

Playing my current character, Kestro, I started out in a guild called Hostile, which was the guild my friends were in. That guild was mostly PvP-Oriented but did some WOTLK content as well. I hadn't done Naxxramas back then so it was still interesting for me to keep doing. As time passed, the guild became more PvP oriented and the GM along with the officers told the members that they are quitting their raiding completely so they can focus on Rank1 in 5v5. This made most PvEers search for a new guild to join, including myself.

Therefter, I made an application to Raunchy, which one of my flatmates at University was an officer in and I've been in that guild up until now. Raunchy is a 3-days p/w raiding guild that has a casual manner out of raids but hardcore while in raids. In Raunchy, I have done 11/12 HM on both 10/25 man, with excessive amounts of attempts on Lich King HC, including Glory of the Icecrown Raider on 10-man finished in late May.

The reason I am now leaving Raunchy is because the leader has been inactive for 2 months now, without letting anyone know why and hasn't joined a single raid ever since. When he went inactive, a new officer came up and took charge of the guild. He did so in a good way but still people in the guild were losing motivation to progress, making us fail on encounters we've had on farm since late April. Now they have stopped raiding completely until Cataclysm (at least so they claim). I am not very confident that any good will happen in Cataclysm, speaking to some members of the guild that have more information. Therefore I am applying to you now.

- What do you expect from us? Why did you choose to apply to us?

To be honest, the biggest reason I chose you is because you have cleared all the content available and seem to be active in the PvE scene, which is what I am searching for in this game. Don't get
me wrong - I will not apply to another guild if I am accepted to yours.
Also I have a IRL friend on Talnivarr that wants me to migrate there, but I am not migrating anywhere unless I can enjoy the game more than just logging in and saying hi to my friends.

I expect you to maintain your hardcore raiding and have a stable progress rate in comparison to other hardcore guilds with very little tolerance for error.

- We raid every day except Friday and Saturday 19:00-24:00, are these raiding hours any problem for you, will they be a problem for you in the near future?

Absolutely not. I will without doubt be able to maintain 100% raid attendance unless severe IRL issues occur, which in my life are very rare.

- Are you able to make a long-term commitment to the guild?

As long as the guild does PvE, hence suiting my needs and having a stable core with good players and a generally nice atmosphere, I will stay. Also as stated above, maintaining your hardcore mentality in long-term as well.

- Will anything (new job, university, etc.) significantly affect your playtimes in the next year?

I am going to University for the entire next year, however I was in the University last year and raiding simultaneously 5 times per week. No trouble with assignments or exams at all and kept about 97% attendance. In addition, I have already seen my schedule for the entire year and it does not interfere with your raiding hours at all.

- Link your armory profile.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Kestro

- What talent spec and glyphs will you use? Why?

The glyphs I am using are very standard for a shadow-priest. There is very little controversy around which ones are the best. Same goes for the spec, the one I am using is the best one in correlation to my gear. In -some- fights it might be a good idea to swap glyph of dispersion with glyph of mind sear, if there is excessive amounts of spread AoE.

- Are you comfortable playing other specs, and do you have the gear for them?

My Holy gear is just fine, I can play it just as well as shadow if absolutely needed. That does not mean that I will respec as soon as a healer isn't on time though. I am joining the guild as a Shadow Priest. However, I am willing to respec, re-socket or anything asked of me without hesitation for progress purposes.

- Please explain your spell priority list/rotation in high detail.

(Prepot Potion of Wild Magic)
VT
DP
MF 2x (to get 5x Shadow weaving and 10 stacks of Muradin's Spyglass)
SW:P
I time my racial and Potion of Speed during the fight depending on when I am open to DPS freely.

Then, depending on if there is anyone else refreshing replenishment, I will refresh it with Mind Blast. If there is someone refreshing it, I don't use MB as it's a dps decrease (pretty insignificant but still). When the fight goes on, I refresh VT and DP, making sure that the last tick isn't clipped of any dot and timing the refreshment so that there is none, or very little downtime before the dot is refreshed. Also, I make sure I know approximately when Bloodlust is coming so I can pull my Shadowfiend before, giving it the speed buff as well.

The reason MB isn't a part of my priority list anymore, is because with the 4-set bonus of T10 and with approx. 600+ haste, MF becomes a more reliable source of DPS. I have read up on this and I have tested it personally several times on target dummies and instances to see how that makes sense.

I have macroed all of my DPS abilities like this:

Ex.1 - VT

#showtooltip Vampiric Touch
/cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Vampiric Touch

Ex. 2 - MF

#showtooltip Mind Flay
/cast [nochanneling:Mind Flay] Mind Flay

These macroes make me unable to clip the last tick of MF, allowing me to spam my buttons faster thus making the time between each spellcast minimal.

There has been some controversy around whether Bloodlust or Berserking decreases time between each tick on SW:P, but I have confirmed that it does not by testing myself and reading this post: http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23642

Did a ICC25 pug yesterday to try my DPS on some bosses. This is a screenshot of my UI in raids, also my dps meter for a boss.

Lady Deathwhisper(N) http://i35.tinypic.com/33c4tjr.jpg

I will provide logs as soon as possible, should be either tomorrow or the day after.

- How do you choose whether or not one item is better than another, when looking for gear upgrades?

These days it's pretty obvious which items are better or worse for a Shadow Priest. The most important stats are Spell Power -> Haste -> Crit, so these are prioritised (obviously Hit is mandatory but that it being capped is already taken for granted).

- Are you willing to take constructive criticism to always work towards becoming a better player?

I am always glad to learn new things either by someone telling me or learning myself. If am not afraid to admit I'm wrong, therefore I rarely fall into endless arguments with people. The goal is always to improve but of course, the advice given has to make sense and work in practice.

- Do you know any guild members who can vouch for you?

I'm afraid not.

- Tell us about yourself.

I'm a loyal, dedicated and mature player in this game, willing to take criticism and give criticism without responding aggressively. I know my place in the guild and I never take my raid/guild spots for granted, that would make me agitated if I'd be asked to leave the raid for someone else. In other words, I am aware of the hierarchical aspects of a guild.
Since I have played this game so long, I have a good feel of the entire game, I learn quickly and eagerly.
I'm a social and nice person in both guild-chat and ventrilo, rarely offending anyone. I am active on forums yet I'm never part of dramatic meaningless discussions.

If there's anything you wish to know, I will check the forums regularly.

/Kestro

Post subject: Re: Kestro - Shadow Priest, X-realm Application
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:45 am 
Casual

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:48 am 

There's some sort of server-arranged pug going on Thursday evenings that I've signed up for, whether my logs come up or not from ICC25 HC runs depends on if I get in that raid or not. Otherwise I'll just pug some ICC25 normal if that's something you will find of any use.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:49 am 
Casual

Hmmm, Cant really compare with normal modes. But everything goes.

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 am 

As my current guild has stopped raiding, all old logs now having been deleted I am trying my hardest to get in some ICC25 HC. If that cannot be done I'll try to find some 10-man HC run. Surely you can correlate ICC10 HC to 25-man performance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:07 am 
Casual

Aye. Everything goes ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:52 am 
Ex-Officer

Nice app, pleasant read :>

Enigma.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:53 pm 

I'm in the ICC25 HC raid atm, log will be up later on tonight probably.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:44 pm 

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0 ... amageDone/

About Sindragosa:

After all, it's a pug. In P2 the leader in vent goes 'NUKE NUKE NUKE' on the first ice block, when I have to refresh, and me including 4 people or so die along with that cause we went up to about 7-8 stacks, multiple healers having the unchained magic, so healing was pretty lousy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:49 pm 

Also in the first air phase on the first attempt, the frost tombs were place stupidly because the leader hadn't said anything about where they should've been placed so lots of people, including myself were unable to get there in time.