[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Combat Rogue Application, X Realm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Combat Rogue Application, X Realm
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 am 

Hello,

This is Babyblue from Auchindoun server Horde side Undead Female Rogue.

First of all i'd like to say, before jumping to any conclusions, please excuse me for not using your template. But i thought this way it would give you a LOT more information you'd need skillwise or experiencewise and a better first impression, if im wrong or you'd like me to make a new application using your template i dont mind it at all and i will get to it right asap.

My name is Cori, im from Amsterdam/Holland, i am a 20 years old male. I work as an Actor/dancer.

As for my character, let me start with gear, gem/enchant and proffesion choices. I have chosen Engineering and Jewelcrafting as Rogue(Both are 450), which abviously turned out to be the best available proffesions in the market. I play as Combat specc so my chosen gems are mostly armor penetration, which also is the best for combat rogues.And as it comes to enchanting my gear, they are all the best available for my class. I have Nitro Boots abviously also.

My role for raids : Basicly my classes main job is to provide dmg. What i usually do before starting a boss encounter is to put ToT on the main tank and use all of my cooldowns to transfer as much threat as i can. To be more detailed, more combat rotation: 1x Sinister Strike, 1x Slice and dice, 3x sinister Strike, Killing spree, and depending on Ruthlessness proccs + (4) set bonus from t10 gear when to use a finishing move, basicly using Evis on 5 CP and slice and dice whenever its about to go out, i don’t try to gather 5 CP for slice and dice. As a result thus using my rotation like this turns out to be better. Tactic wise, what i do for certain encounters… Professor Putricide 25 HC:
You probably know all tactics and what should be done during a Professor Putricide 25 HC encounter so I’m just going to tell you what I do extra… I always save killing spree before a Volitile Ooze explosion, in order to not get knockback, helps raid A LOT with position and stuff and the Ooze dies A LOT faster. As for Lady Deathwhisper 25 HC:
As again, I’m just going to tell you what I do extra.
I use blind to CC, I don’t try to get it on cooldown in order to not blind a random player incase I get mind controlled. I also use Gouge and Dismantle whenever I get the chance to make sure as low damage as there can be to raid from the mind controlled players. I try to keep especially Killing spree on cooldown, same as Adrenaline Rush and Blade flurry before mind control, CoS also ofcourse to not get resisted by most CC’s. I also lower my energy to as low as I can get it. I save vanish incase I might need to perform a cheap shot on a caster add. I also try not to use Sinister Strike every time I get 40+ energy, cause sometimes you can be very fast and use Sinister Strike right after 0.1 sec getting afflicted by the curse, so I don’t spam Sinister Strike. For Phase 2, I save CoS for the instant Frostbolts cast by the boss which reduces your movement speed by a certain amount, and it is not possible to outrun a sprit if it is chasing you while being afflicted by this debuff.

As it comes to my PvE experiences: Ulduar 25 10/14, Ulduar 10 12/14. Trial of the Grand Crusader 25 4/5, Trial of the Grand Crusader 10 5/5 Tribute to Insanity. ICC 25 12/12, ICC 25 10/12 HC, ICC 10 7/12 HC. And Halion 25 1/1.

Sindragosa 25 HC on %2 wipe… Why I do not have this kill? Because it is a 25 man encounter, if I had the ability to control 25 players with a good setup, I would’ve one shot this. Don’t want to sound cocky, trying to be honest.

I unfortunently don’t have any tries for LK 25 HC, which I believe is the only slightly hard boss among the all hard modes.

The Guilds I have been before and reason for leaving them: I was in the guild Warcry(Auchindoun). I simply left the guild for the players there being simply bad players. Low observation, low skill, low awareness and the desire to progress. After that I joined Guidless. (horde side, Auchindoun also) I got kicked out for a misunderstanding, applying to another guild while still being in guildless.(reason for applying, they sucked also.) They’re both 11/12 ICC 25 HC, ages ago.

And the current guild I am in is OneShot, I want to leave this guild because ever since I joined it, it never leaded to progress. It actually sometimes had trouble finishing off the farm bosses. And sometimes had to make them on normal mode.

As it comes to my PvP experiences (I want to talk to you about this to give you more information about what kind of a player I am, skillwise) I have 2343 rating experience as the class rogue. Achieved 1882 rating within 26-1 stats and also reached 2050 rating within 40 games with another player/setup. For the class frost mage I have 2673 rating experience playing RMP in s6 with %79 winning stats in the realm Xavious. I am also currently playing a Disc priest at TR, im in top 100 in 2s section atm.

My armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Babyblue

Comminication through ventrilo, or skype for raids also arent a problem if you are comfortable with it and prefer it.

My UI screenshots during raid: http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab12 ... g&newest=1

A World of Log from a recent raid: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o79w ... =532&e=963 This is a Professor Putricide 25 HC. My damage done: %72 on Professor, %18 on Volatile Oooze and %8 on Gas Cloud.

Why do i want to join you? : Crab People has proved that it is definently a very high rank guild among World ranks, it is very impressive and if I get accepted I truelly believe I will finally be in a guild where my skills will be matched, I would like to be a part of this guild.

Why should you pick me? : I will bring you your expectations from a Rogue, you will not regret recruiting me. I not only know my only class, I know all class abilities, I have a very high observation. I’m not going to say I don’t make mistakes since I’m being fully honest this entire application. But I make maximum 2 mistakes in 30 raids. (Honest as I can be) and ofcourse, they will never ever lead to a wipe, not even get close to it.

And as last but probably THE MOST IMPORTANT part of my application: If you’d ilke to recruit me only but only for catalsym, do not invite me or keep me in standby for rest of all the raids will be going on during WOTLK, im absolutely fine for it, Incase you’re full on your roster or on rogues. PLEASE TAKE THIS IN VERY MUCH CONSIDERATION. I’m fine not raiding at all until Catalysm, for you to only recruit me for Catalysm.

Ask me anything you'd like. I will be checking the forum quite often, will be happy to answer any questions if you've got any.

Hope you will enjoy my application, I’ve spent a lot of time into it.

Cori.

Post subject: Re: Combat Rogue Application, X Realm
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:58 am 

Hi Tunedbeats,

Going to answer your questions in the order you asked.

I probably checked out few of the other applicants applications and noticed they used a template, what i meant was probably, sorry for not using a template, i did notice you dont have a certain template.

As for the Enchant on my helm, our guild suggest using a 100-120 frost resistance gear for Sindragosa 25 HC encounter. I also swap a 86 Frost resistance given boots with 213 item level with current ones. I swap the enchant from encounter to encounter, with +50 AP + 20 crit rating.

For the glyph, i dont think there are any available glyphs that could improve my performance in raids. If you suggest filling my last minor glyph spot with a safe fall, i wouldn't mind it at all though.

Yes that's true, but ofcourse i would love to attend the current raids going on, but if there is not any possible chance for that to come true, i dont mind being recruited for catalysm.

If there are any further questions you have, would be happy to answer.

Cori.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:13 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Hey Cori,

Thanks for your application and your swift answers. We're sorry to decline you, for a couple of reasons:
* we are currently trialing 2 rogues, totalling our rogue squad to 4 rogues. Trialing a 3rd would mean our current member rogues would get to raid almost nothing.
* Also, the way it seems now, we won't have a shortage of rogues for Cataclysm. So, we don't see the need of actually "pre-recruiting" a few rogues.
* Your gear is a bit too low for our standards. Okay, this point is not so important since it doesn't matter for Cataclysm, so i listed it last. The first 2 points are the major reasons :)

Best of luck in finding a guild!