Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Application - Cowmmando
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:37 pm 

1. Please state your name, age and nationality.
Name: Bogdan Iuhas
Nationality: Romanian

2. What class/race/level are you currently playing?
Class: Shaman
Race: Tauren
Level: 80

3. If you could provide us with a profile of your character that would be most appreciated (The Armory/CTProfiles/Allakhazam).
Link Profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Cowmmando

4. What is your current build and are you willing to respec to benefit the guild?

My current spec is 57/14 . It is the standard Elemental Shaman build, proven to pull out the max dps out of the class (If you know how to press the amazing 6 buttons that we have been given by Blizzard). My glyph choices may seem interesting, namely Glyph of Totem of Wrath and Glyph of Lava. Just to clarify, I'm using Glyph of ToW for that little extra boost of spellpower, as a caster SP is the most important stat you can stack, and you can never have too much of it. Recommended glyphs over that would either be Glyph of Flame Shock or Glyph of Flametongue, however, 2% crit really isn't much in a fully buffed raid environment (as an elemental shammy, we get spellpower from nothing else other than.. well.. spellpower buff food and flasks, thanks guys for no scaling mechanisms). Glyph of Flame Shock, in theory, puts out a bit more dps (30-40dps) than Lava, however currently in Icecrown Citadel (and the newer RS) I find that the extra boost of damage on my Lava Burst is essential to bringing down adds fast, and God knows there's a lot of extra stuff to kill during boss encounters.

5. Are you fully dedicated to your character and not playing any other characters wherever they are situated?
Yes, I am. While I was unemployed I found myself with a lot of time on my hands, so I started leveling up alts. I have several 80's and I've played them all both in farm raids and progression encounters, however I find myself most comfortable with the shaman. I know the class by heart, I can bring out the best of all 3 specs, and let's face it.. shammies are probably the most versatile class out there. We got dots, hots (no kidney shots :( ), we got it all.

6. Is the character(s) that you are playing on originally created by you?

Yes, this is my original character. When Wrath hit, I was still playing my priest (I was a healer in TBC). When I first hit Naxx and saw what Blizzard did to priest, I had to put a stop to it. It just wasn't my thing anymore. From being the most versatile healer in the game, a jack-of-all-trades that could do both raid healing and tank healing, priests had become the back-up healers. Don't have a tank healer ? Sure, bring a priest but don't expect him to do as well as a paladin. Don't have a raid healer ? Sure, bring a priest, but don't expect him to do as well as a druid. It was this mentality that got me seriously pissed so I decided to roll shammy and try pewpewing for once, WOTLK is all about the GCD's for healers, and that's just not my style, I prefer smart plays and smart choices over spamming like a maniac (unfortunately, playing an ele shammy I realised that I hadn't really got away from that).

7. Which role would you prefer to have in a raid within the limits of your class? (You may ignore this question if you are a rogue/mage/hunter/warlock)

I would prefer staying Elemental. I have a lot of experience as restoration, and pretty decent experience as enhancement, but really Elemental is my thing. I love the burstiness, the fast casts, the fact that I can toss a pretty decent heal from time to time when the need arises, I just love Thunderstorm (unglyphed, it saves lives, in PVE, I'm not kidding).

8. Do you consider yourself to be competitive during raids?

I'm pretty much minmaxing everything to get the most out of my shammy, however I'm not a dps whore, nor a lootwhore. Sure, putting out the big numbers is great, but then again overaggroing and dying.. dead dps is no dps. So yeah, I push the limits to the max, but DPS really comes in 2nd over staying alive. Not often in fights I just stop dps completely to avoid overaggroing, keeping a raid member up when they're in danger of dying, or just moving out of stuff (Yes, I promise I will never die in fire.Ever.). As for gear, I couldn't care less. I've passed on so much loot in my current guild it's not even funny. Don't care about the loot, as long as I'm geared enough for the current content, I'm happy. Let others improve.

9. How active do you intend to be?, are you ready to attend atleast 80 percent of our raids aswell as gather whatever consumables we require for a raiding night?

In my current guild on Darkspear, being a Guild Master (for 3 years now..damn it's been a long time), I was expected to be active. And I was hyperactive some might say, online about 10 hours/day when I was unemployed. But then hunger struck (not really, I'm a big man so I have plenty reserves), so I had to get a job, and that affected my activity, but then again I can still make 3 raids a week (more when I'm needed, I have a very understanding girlfriend). My work finishes at 5:00 PM CET , and it takes me about 30 minutes to get home, so that won't be a problem. I can also take days off when need be, since I work in a gaming company and they pretty much understand that whenever a new patch is coming out, or a new game, only half the people there will still be at work.

As for consumables, I've got plenty of money to just buy everything off the Auction House, and make my own flasks, so that won't be a problem. I can run on this cash for another year of raiding without having to grind a single thing.

10. Could you tell us a short bit about your previous PvE/PVP experience(s)?

I've been a GM and Raid Leader for the past 3 years, I've lead all the progression raids that my guilds have done, starting as early as Karazhan, all of T4, T5 and T6, and just about every raid in Wrath. You name it, I've raided it. Even panties (Giggidy!). On a serious note, as a raid leader you must have really good awareness, presence of spirit, barking out orders and assignments while still maintaining a good performance is what I've been doing. Yes, that also includes not standing in fires.
I've also done some PVP in my days, last season I had a 5v5 team that got to 2k rating before we got steamrolled by the same opponents over and over again, at which point we decided that we should get back to PvE. However, I did find the arena experience greatly improved my PvE performances. My keybindings were improved, my reactions were improved and I started having even more awareness of my surroundings, I highly recommend doing a bit of arena to all the hardcore PvE players out there. You'd be surprised how much it can improve your performances.

11. Which guild were you previously in and why did you leave or get booted?

I've been in the same guild for 3 years now (Well sort of, we merged with another guild about 6 months ago but it was 70% us 30% them, and I remained GM). I'm considering leaving because I've pretty much had it with the realm. It's a low pop realm, and most of the skilled folk are either spread among the countless wannabe raiding guilds, or on the dark side (the Alliance, as I've heard it being referred to). I feel like the guild, as well the community, are holding me back from experiencing all this game has to offer, and to be fair I'm pretty tired of barking out orders to the same people who really can not get it to their heads that standing in fire or rolling their forehead on the keyboard is the right way to go to kill the boss. I want a fresh start, on a new realm, with people who know what to do, when to do it without having someone constantly telling them and explaining the mechanics of the game (RL : Fire is bad, don't sit in it. Raider: Could you repeat that, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my flesh sizzling from this fire I'm standing in. RL: /facepalm ).

12. What do you expect from us and what do you have to offer as a trial?

I expect a good raiding environment, with skilled people who have the same progress oriented mindset as I do, and a great community. When people have been together for so long, and actually managed to get something successful going, I do believe that's where I'd fit right like a glove.
As a trial, I can offer my full dedication to raiding, progression and everything it implies. And, yes, you guessed it, I WILL NOT STAND IN FIRE (I'm getting a T-Shirt with that pretty soon).

13. Are you prepared to communicate through Ventrilo (including using your microphone) as well as install whatever AddOns we require you to use?

Sir, yes sir. Raid Leading can't be done without a microphone, and serious raiding either. Nowadays, it's all about execution and communication in raids, in my opinion every raider should chip in on every discussion regarding a new tactic, or better ways to improve a fight, or just notifying people of their status during raids (aka I need sum heals plz, wtb BR, etc.) . As for addons, I got'em all, and if I need to install an addon or two, it takes 5 minutes tops to have one installed and configured for my every needs.

14. How can we contact you if it would be needed?

By e-mail , at bogdan.iuhas@gmail.com , or bogdan.iuhas@yahoo.com . While I'm at work, I'm online on Yahoo! Messenger, so you could contact me via that as well. I won't give out my phone number before you buy me dinner.

15. Is there anything that you would like to add?

I won't stand in fire.

Oh , and here's a link to my UI in combat, out of combat, damage meters etc. To my shame, my guild hasn't been using WOL reports for a while now since the person who used to run them moved to the US, and the ones that were already uploaded have expired.

In combat:
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2658/incombat.jpg

Out of combat:
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/4093/outofcombat.jpg

Rotation:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4315/rotation.jpg

I'd also like to add that I have a very stable internet connection (I think I've had like 3 disconnects in the last 2 years), and a good enough computer (everything on Ultra, 30FPS or so).

Yours truly,
Cowmmando

Post subject: Re: Application - Cowmmando - Elemental Shaman - Darkspear E
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 am 
Casual

Hey mate, as of one of the ele shamans in crab i got a questions.. your setbreaker, why the leggs and not the gloves? also got any world of logs? cant seem to find it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:11 am 

I chose the set gloves over the pants because at that time, I was seriously lacking in hit and haste, and those pants were just what I needed to both complete my hit and put me over the soft haste cap. When I get a chance to get the gloves, I'll make the switch if need be, this was just a temporary swap to maximize my dps.

As for logs, I'll get the addon installed tonight and hopefully be able to record some logs for you guys to check out. I'm sorry I didn't post any logs, but like I said in the application, the person in my current guild running the logs moved to the US and stopped logging, and the ones that had already been posted have expired. I'll get on it as soon as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read my app. If you have further questions, please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 am 

Here's a WoL report for tonight's ICC10 pug.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4pqpplvgz051c2d4/

It wasn't very successful, but that's not the point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:32 pm 
Casual

Thank you for your application. Unfortunatly we dont have a spot for an ele shaman within our guild :(
Good luck

- GiT

" As a disclaimer, please note that everything I am going to say is my personal opinion. I am asserting that I am correct because it’s my post and my opinion, but that does not mean that you have to agree with me. "