A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Declined] Bob - Xrealm Mage
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:24 am 

Name: Mateo
My occupation: Working with IT/servers @ Norwegian Competition Authority

About my self:
Hey guys. I am 19 year old male living in Bergen(very rainy part of Norway) I'm a very enthusiac and motivated person, I've enjoyed playing MMO’s since i was young and had past experiances playing Legend of Mir, CS, Quake, Star Wars Galaxies etc. I like to get in touch with new people and I am very positive about what others have to say.

CHARACTER INFORMATION;

Character Name: Bobthehip
Class: Mage
Armory Link:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... =Bobthehip

Total played on this Character:

13 days 4 hours and 23 minutes.

What are the most important stats for your spec and why? List them in order of priority:

As it is at the moment, things are not really stated.
But my main stat that's a prio to get is:
Haste – Crit – Intellect - Mastery

I chose to priorities haste because it’s the most sustainable stat to go for atm(Along with Crit ofc). When you hit a cap point of haste(35-40% ++) its convenient to go for other stats like intellect.

Shortly about Mastery:
I know that mastery is gonna be extremly good at 85, but it’s not much to fuzz about atm. Mastery is going to be better for FFB spam than fireball. At 80 you won’t get enough mastery to make FFB better than fireball.

Shortly About haste:
Haste makes your dots tick faster but it happens at stages. A point in haste that makes you hit a break point is the best spent point over any other stat including hit. So it is going to be the most important thing gearing wise to understand where these break points are. I have not worked it out exact I just used some tests to get rough numbers.

So here it goes:
0% haste = 4LB ticks
15% and over gives 5LB ticks
35% and over gives 6LB ticks.

Screenshot of your UI:
http://img690.imageshack.us/f/47307433.jpg/

Do you have any reasonably geared alts that you are prepared to play as well? List & describe them here
I have my past shaman which I have done some server 2nd achievements with. Like Naxxramas, Malygos And OS3Drakes. I have also been a long time PvP player and I got Gladiator on my shaman.
Armory: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... =Hiphopbob

Where do you research and theorycraft for your class?
Elitistjerks, Forums etc(Google by need’s).

Describe your role in a raid - and go into detail;

Mage’s are one of the stronger damage classes in WoW. With our many useful spells and abilities, the mage class definitely stands out for its own. For example, as we can be used to fulfill many other duties such as kiting adds on Gluth, to do ranged tanking P3 Mimiron etc. Apart from that the mage class itself has a lot of other roles. We have interrupts, spells that make us travel in distance and spells that make's us immune to any kind of magical/physical damage. These spells can do a lot for the raid.
Let’s say we are doing facing an encounter, and the encounter chooses to put a dot up on a mage (Where a fight is very healing demanding, for example brutallus) Mage’s can iceblock, and remove DoTS/block away any physical/magical attacks for 9 seconds.

I’m going to quote the Rogue who just applied here, since that’s an very good statement:
a rogue should be the absolute god of quick and relentless distribution of massive dmg across the board while being able to use the enormous arsenal of special utility cooldowns to help out in the big picture of the raid or save his ass from getting gibbed.

I think that mages have the exact same role in a raid or any type of situation ingame. They have massive cooldowns that can save the raid at some point(for example where it’s possible to interrupt, like on General Vezax in Ulduar). Also if you are able to perform and act quickly as a mage, you can save the raid for a lot of healing/combat resses, since you have the opportunity to blink away and iceblock.

Previous guilds, and the reason for leaving them:

Level 60 - Vanilla

i was in a Scandinavian Guild called CoR - Cult of Respawn. The guild was very mature and solid.
I had alot of IRL friends that also played in the guild back then. Tho at the end, when TBC was launching alot of people dediced to give the game a break.
At one point, two weeks before TBC launches the guild itself got disbanded. It was actually a very unpleasent moment. So much story and so many memories behind the guild...
But that did not stop me from playing. I was enjoying the game and i wanted to keep it going as it was.

Next chapter - Level 70(TBC)

I got accepted and joined Requiem. The best progressing guild on Emeriss back then. We had alot of good kills and a very nice progress.
We managed to clear all the content very well, and then Sunwell launched. We had alot late night wipes trying to figure the best possible ways to defeat the encounters etc. I was also one of the mages who had to reroll Leatherworking, So my raid/guild could benefit from the Drums of War. Which indeed needed on Brutallus.
We did have better and better progress, and we did manage to kill M'uru pre wipe. Tho KJ was left behind after the Pre wipe.
Then Wotlk was the next great expansion. I had alot of real life stuff to handle back then. My main sort of problem was school. I had to graduate and get done with exams before christmas.
And from what i had been reading, the new content of Wotlk didnt really amuse me alot.. So for me it was the easiest to just stop playing for a while. I was very addicted to the game and i knew i would not be able to perform as well in raids as i used to do, if i had to focus about school and hardcore at the same time.
So i ended up with selling my accounts. This was the best way for me to quit the game at that very point.

Chapter two - Level 80(Wotlk)
After i had finished school and got my graduation and exams in IT. I wanted to start playing again, i somehow felt the huge urge and need to play again.
So i first of all got to the store, bought a new account and Wotlk. The past members of requiem were not really happy about me leaving and i knew that they most likely would not take me back to the guild. I applied for another guild on the server at that moment called Wipe Faster.
Wipe faster had very good progressions aswell, not entirely as good as requiem. We did have alot of server 2nd kills as mention earlier and all in all the guild was pretty solid and strong.
Tho my lack of interest that point for the game, made me doubt that the future would be anything special. At the very same time Wipe Faster was having issues, with members flaming eachother in the guild, leaving the guild etc.(Alot of immature endings)
So i decided to focus more on the PvP at that point. Since i had past experience on the mage and PvE content was lacking more and more.
So early in season 6 i migrated to Frostwhisper after having a random level one whispering me about 3v3. Which was Lolflay. I played 3v3 with him and Azeal before i gave the game a big break again.
WoW started to lack my interest more and more. With the non challenging fights and Overpowered damamge in PvP. I went very inactive and did not really ever play PvP since. I also gave PvE a big break.
I did log on now and then to talks with some friends etc but i had given WoW a major stop.

Now to the more important side of the story:
Around half a Month ago(1 month and 28 days) I started to play very active again. I started leveling a new mage again and got 80 at the 10th of october.
I know that achievments are not to much to brag about, and especially not at this time of the year. Especially since there has been major damage increased and nerfs.
But ever since that day that i dinged 80, Ive been doing random pugs with random people for ICC25 man, Ulduar(With HM's, glory of ulduar raider 10 and 25man) TOGC10 and 25 man insanity runs.
With random people. So i managed to get down all of the content in less than 1 month, expect Lich king 25 man heroic and Halion heroic. This is majorly what i've been focusing on doing before cataclysm.
I know i dont have to much to showoff but its what ive done the past month, to show my dedication to the game.
It does not really sound like rocket science, but it has been a very demanding month. Gathering up random people for each raid and sorting out everything On my very own, each week.

Raiding experience: (Vanilla until now)

Vanilla:
ZG - Cleared
MC - Cleared
BWL - Cleared
Onyxia - Cleared
AQ20 - Cleared
AQ40 - Cleared(Had a hard time on C'thun tho)

TBC:

Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's lair - Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
SSC - Cleared(Pre wipe)
TK - Cleared(Pre wipe)
MH - Cleared(Pre wipe)
BT - Cleared(Pre wipe)
Sunwell - Cleared(M'uru pre wipe)

Wotlk:

Naxxramas - Cleared
OS3D - Cleared
Malygos - Cleared
Ulduar - Cleared with Glory of the ulduar raider 10 and 25 man(Random Pug's)
ToC - Cleared with insanity on 10 and 4/5 Mad skill(Random Pug's)
ICC - Cleared with 12/12 HC on 10 man(Bane of the fallen king) Random pug's
ICC - Cleared 9/12 heroics on 25 man(Random Pug's)

CRÁB PEOPLE AND YOU;

Do you know anyone in Cráb People?
No. But i've had a brief chat with Krunk and Meanlead.

Why do you want to join Cráb People?
I am a very motivated person who always strives to do better and push for goals, I believe Cráb People believes this also, from browsing through your site I see that you are motivated guild and have a plan going into Cataclysm. I also really want to settle down and a find a guild that shows dedication to the game. Good progress and that strives to do better and never give up.

Why should we recruit you?

I feel I'm a very open-minded but passionate person who will always strive to give 110% every raid. I've raided full time without breaks for 3 years in WoW so I know how demanding it is and know the responsibilities. I'm not someone who is going to toot my own horn about how great I am but I feel I can represent myself more then is required. Aswell as fulfulling my raid responsibilities i feel i am a person who will commit to the social aspect of the guild and try to get along with everyone. Also I am very dedicated to my guild and to the game itself, i wont give up easly.

How do you feel about sitting out when raid composition demands it?
I have no problem with it if my class or role is less desireable for that particular fight.

Are you active in any non-raiding aspects of WoW like PVP, achievements, or alts? On average how many hours are you online each week?
I'm very active, i enjoy running achievements and a big part of my ingame time when not raiding is doing Arena/BGs as you can see from my armory which ive got Gladiator on my shaman.(Pre gladiator on my mage - Season 3-4)
Im mostly on everyday, depending on when im at gym but mostly im on from 16:30 or 17:30 each day.

What are your thoughts on beginning raids early and staying beyond the required raid times to down new content? Would you be available for occasional Friday / Saturday raids during progression?

I am very positive about that! Progressesion with late night raids is the best. There's alot of memories and story behind it. And yes i would very much be able to raid friday/saturday.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION;

List your computer's stats and your internet connection. Include average latency and FPS during raids:

Just bought a brand new computer AND just got fiber network! woop woop
Latency and FPS during fights are: 40-60 Latency and around 150+ FPS everywhere.

PSU: Corsair TX 750W
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 480 1536MB PhysX
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E, Socket-1366
RAM: Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1600MHz 6GB CL8
CPU: Intel Core™ i7 Quad Processor i7-950 3,06 Ghz

Do you have a working microphone and headset, and are you willing & able to speak on Vent when required?
Of course, and I am more then willing to speak, infact I think it's essential if I'm being rellied on to communicate an aspect of a fight.

If there is anything else you would like to add, or you have any closing comments, include them here:
I feel that i am a very enthusiastic and motivated person with a lot of drive to do better. However i am also someone who is totally open to criticism and new ideas. I enjoy talking through new tactics and strats to beat bosses and thinking out of the box - I am a person who is very open and not quiet/shy when i need to speak on vent to announce something. I would like to stress though that this application is for Cataclysm.

Post subject: Re: Bob - Xrealm Mage
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:48 am 

Slap myself.

I forgot to mention that i have been working extra hours each day since the 1st of october, so manage to get as much hours possible so i could take off 2 weeks when cataclysm is launching. And last week i got it confirmed by the boss. In order to sustain the best for my guild and powerlevel for best progress.

- Mateo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:04 am 
Ex-Officer

Expect an answer within the end of Wednesday.

Enigma.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:57 am 
Ex-Officer

Sorry mate, but I'm gonna have to decline this. We are full on ranged trials atm.

Enigma.