Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Mage application- Waterbôy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 am 

Personal details: My name is George, I am 17 years old. Currently at college studying Chemistry, Math’s and PE and I am in my second year at college. I have applied to university and got all 5 of my offers and hoping to get the grades for Manchester uni. I spend most of my time on wow but like to go out with my mate’s quite abit, even though I am in fulltime education it doesn’t stop me from turning up to all raids and staying up for progression nights.

Character details:
Name: Waterbôy
Class: Mage
Spec: Fire
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... B4y/simple

Currently I am playing Fire because it is the highest dps spec. I have taken the standard fire spec and kept my points in flame strike and not put them in clear casting because after the most recent patch I am very rarely going oom and many fights in current cataclysm content require decent amounts of aoe for example Magmaw and Maloriak. Often I have respecced Frost for progression as it has good survivability and add control. During progress in my current guild on Nefarian I went frost to kite the adds in phase 1, Also on Conclave heroic I played frost to help with the adds on Anshal. I don’t find it a problem to respec to help the raid as I would rather progress then have individual records.

With my current gear my best is Intellect > Hit > SP > Crit > Haste >Mastery. At top end gear haste becomes better then crit, this is because of ignite munching (Simultaneous crits) which means ignite does less damage then predicted. This will make haste better in hc gear because crit becomes devalued. Pre patches I like to go on the PTR to check how my class has been changed and see how I can improve etc.

Character History: I have been playing since vanilla but in vanilla I was fairly young and didn’t know much about the game so I just played casually pvp(hi never ending alterac valley) . During BC I played my priest (clóud) with some irl friends and we managed to kill Kara, Maggy and Gruul. Later on I joined another guild as I wanted to further my progression in BC and managed to kill zulaman, clear SSC and TK except for Lady and Kael. Later on I raided BT and Mount hyjal with the same guild and later in that patch I killed Lady and Kael. The guild disbanded due to lack of interest in raiding from members, so I moved with a few people from the guild to join Serendipity on executus on the horde side, where I got Illidan and Arch. After we downed illidan I was in the main 10 man group where we went to attempt to get our Armani war bears, we managed it the first time round ( was surprisingly easy after getting gear from MH/BT). I continued to raid with them in sunwell until we managed to get to mu’ru and then WotLK talents were released, due to the lack of members because they wanted to go casual until WotLK we done a joint run with Neophyte to kill kil’jaeden. As serendipity left the server to play on Mazrigos, I lost interest in the game and sold my account. In WotLK I leveled a new mage on Chamber of Aspects with a few real life friends and played casually until ICC patch came out, I started a new guild in this patch and was an officer in that guild; I was the recruitment officer and helped to lead raids. In this guild we were joint top guild on the server but only managed to get 11/12 25 hc, this happened because the lack of talent on CoA and a serious lack of healers on the server, no guild on the sever got LOD. The guild then disbanded due to summer holidays and a few of my mates decided to transfer to Talnivarr and start up a new guild for Cataclysm, this is my current guild ‘Local Wizards’ I am an officer in this guild, I do most of the recruiting and I also do some raid leading. At the start the guild was running quite well but as soon as we started on Nefarian 25 we were failing bad, having stupid wipes over interrupts etc. These wipes were happening attempt after attempt for many weeks. This resulted in some people leaving and making our job even harder. We finally managed to get Nefarian but one of our main officer’s left to go to immersion, this made the guild moral go down even more and raiding hasn’t been the same since. We haven’t had a raid in over a week now and the GM is thinking about disbanding it. This is why I want to join you guys.

Player profile:
My UI: http://img843.imageshack.us/i/mageui.png/
Top left is grid and running a bigwigs test so you can see what my timers look like.

Key binds:
N9- Iceblock
R- Flame Strike
F1- Cone of Cold
N8- Blizzard
T- Polymorph
A1- Dragon’s Breath
F- Combustion
N1- Cd’s
N2- Engineering gloves
N3- Volcanic potion
N0- Invisibility
N6- Shield on the belt
N- - Ring of Frost
N4- Spell steal
B4- Decurse
`- Blink
Q- Scorch
Tab- Blast wave

Here are some logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f7oy59mk79ecdxl5/
(The record was 4th at the time and was without BL, also I died early on chimearon) unfortunately we haven’t raided this week so cannot show you anything from this week.

I can raid all raid times and can do overtime and will be punctual. I am always fully enchanted, gemmed, flasked and well fed for raids.

I have got Ventrillo and a working mic.

I take criticism well and try to use it to improve myself and the way I raid. I have a stable connection and don’t lag on boss fights.

I think you should recruit me because I am always up for progression and I am a quick learner, I don’t often make the same mistake twice. I know a lot about my class and how to maximize my dps.

Cheers

Waterbôy

Post subject: Re: Mage application- Waterbôy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm 
Casual

I'd like to have a second chat with you in-game if I can catch you online. :)