[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] X-Realm :: Qrious :: Shadow Priest

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] X-Realm :: Qrious :: Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm 

Hello all,

My name is Rachel, I am 24 and I come from Newcastle, England. I am writing here today to apply for a position in your raid team.

:: ABOUT ME ::

Currently, I am unemployed, but with a good job opportunity on the horizon - so I am just waiting until the position becomes available. I am usually a very happy and pleasant person, who loves to undertake in the social aspects of the guild, and once I have gotten over the initial welcoming stage, I do become very friendly with almost everyone.

Some of my hobbies include;
Music - I enjoy anything from Trance to Classical
Italian - I have been self teaching myself although lately I haven't been pushing myself enough with it
Cars - Although being female, I do have a strong interest, and I like the engineering side to things
Computing - I have used a computer for over 12 years, and I enjoy using Photoshop to unleash my creative side

:: MY CHARACTER ::

Name: Qrious
Race: Blood Elf
Spec: Shadow PvE / Discipline PvP
Played: 141 Days on Priest :: Around 100 days on Mage
Armory:
UI:
Logs: (The most recent log, from 3rd March 2011)

I always ensure that I keep up to date with anything happening in the game via various websites such as MMO-Champion.com, ShadowPriest.com and ElitistJerks.com. I feel that I know my class very well and that I can take criticism very well.

:: WOW HISTORY ::

I first joined this game back on 24th September 2008 due to my ex-boyfriend whom bugged me until I played. He chose a Human Paladin on the server Wildhammer for me. I quickly levelled up to level 70 and I played casually without really knowing what to do.

We had then decided to each level up some Mages on the Horde side for some reason. Once we hit level 70, we did some mild content, although it was nearing the end of The Burning Crusade, and a lot of the content was very straight forward. At this point I was very addicted to the game, and the new expansion was due to be released, so as any other avid player, I queued outside my local video game store and rushed home to play it. I hit level 80 after six long hard days, and I was the second Horde Mage to level 80 on my server. After waiting in my casual guild for 3 weeks more for a fellow 80, I decided that I wanted a challenge, and joined a newly formed raiding guild, Quantum. We had quite nice progress in the early stages of the game and we progressed from a 10 man guild to 25 man guild fairly quickly. As a Fire Mage, I was generally top 3 of the damage dealers in the guild and I had an almost perfect attendance record.

When Ulduar came along, we had four Mages in the guild, and I felt that I wanted a fresh character. I eventually got my Priest alt to level 80, and specced into the Discipline tree. I spent a lot of time to get my gear up to Ulduar level, and then I announced to the guild about swapping characters. I then got a lot of questions asking why Discipline, as they believed it was a PVP spec. After numerous write ups I convinced them into bringing me to some raids, and I had done quite well against far better geared players. I used my cooldowns well, timing my heals with abilities etc. We had quite a successful time in Ulduar, although I still felt the progression could have been improved.

Trial of the Crusader rolled in, and we cleared the normal modes quite easily, but we struggled in the heroics. Our progress began to lack and we started to fall behind other guilds on the server. I decided to stop playing my Priest and I started to level up a Rogue on Hakkar, a PVP server. I had a lot of enjoyment during the levelling progress, and I started to fall in love with the game again. It took my mind off a lot of the problems in the old guild and it gave me something new to target. Eventually I did go back to my Priest, as out of all my alts, it is my most loved class.

So, back on the Priest, without a guild and only PVP to keep me going. It wasn't so much of a problem, I had good friends and enjoyed to play a lot of arenas. I had gotten to around 2100 rating with a few different setups during season 7 and 8, but then my desire to see end-game content returned. So I had then joined Immanence, whom were at the time 11/12 heroic. They had plenty of Holy and Discipline Priests, and there was a big void of a Shadow Priest, whom are just impossible to find on Wildhammer. I quickly gotten my gear reasonably good and found myself doing quite well on the damage meters despite being a little undergeared. We would mostly just one shot most of the heroic bosses and we couldn't get to grips with the Val'kyr phase on The Lich King heroic. We never did get it down in the end...

After a large bang, the Cataclysm changed Azeroth, and the race was on again. I levelled up to 85, and I was the third Priest at max level on the server. I had dungeon grinded all the reps within the first two weeks, and got my final Cataclysm reputation to exalted on 29th December 2010, which was Hellscreams Reach. There were a lot of players whom weren't 85 within the first week, so all we could manage was a Baradin Hold 10 man run. I expected people to want to get a good start in the raids, but unfortunatly it didn't happen. We have been progressing at a rather slow rate, and a lot of guilds that we considered below us have started to progress faster than us, and I feel that there isn't enough people to push for more. The player base on Wildhammer is quite weak which makes things even worse.

:: WotLK ::
Naxxramas - Cleared
Ulduar - Normal Cleared - Heroic Cleared except Algalon
ToC - Normal Cleared - Heroic 4/5
ICC - Normal Cleared - Heroic 11/12

:: Cataclysm ::
BWD - Normal Cleared - Heroic Chimaeron
BoT - Normal Cleared - Heroic Halfus Wyrmbreaker
To4W - Normal Cleared - Heroic None

:: SUMMARY ::

I did take some time before considering to write my application. I initially thought the guild name was funny, and then I read a little more into it, and here it seems that it has a strong foundation to progress further. There seems to be plenty of good people given the progress of many different guilds, which is a great thing. I did also check your World of Logs, and I personally feel that I can match some of the other members, else I wouldn't have applied.

I did have a short talk with MeanLead prior to posting this just to ask a few questions about how the guild works, and what I can expect. I am overall very satisfied with what you ask of me as a person and raider, and I will undoubtedly give my everything. Although I haven't been in a high progression guild such as yourselves, I do feel that I can push myself further, and learn more each and every raid. I have a very high attendance rate, and I am very punctual about being on time, and with all of the raid consumables ready pre-raid.

I look forward to your questions and responses, and I just hope that I have given a good impression of myself. If there is anything that you're unsure of, please let me know. It is the first time that I have written an application from scratch.

Post subject: Re: X-Realm :: Qrious :: Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:58 am 
Officer

nice application

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:03 am 

Please post pictures of your creative photoshop side, please!!

(You thought I would ask for RL photos, but this guild is gay, so let's have none of that. I do enjoy great artwork though)

Disclaimer: This will prolly not do your application any good, but it will keep me entertained.

Now, about the application, since I'm a fellow priest (Although, I'm holy / disc) I do have some questions. I know shadow glyphs sucks balls, but glyphing a spell you don't have can't seem more useful than 9 seconds less CD on fade (Fade, as you must agree with me, is fucking awesome on any add fight). Personally I would also choose Psychic Scream over Inner Fire, but neither glyphs are used a lot in a raiding environment. Not a huge minus :)

I'm a bit scared since you've stated you've rerolled both to and from your priest quite a few times. Are you gonna stay as a priest from now on?

Oh, and about your gender, CP does not have any female raiders. I've known from experience that female raiders prefers to be in guilds with other females. I also know from experience that females aren't all alike. How do you feel about raiding in a guild where you are the only female?

I haven't gone into looking at your WoL, because frankly, I would only look at your dps, and dps on WoL says nothing since you do fights differently than we do. Number crunching I will leave up to the smarter people in this guild (Hi, Mihir)

Officers, if you think I've touched on something I shouldn't have, please feel free to delete. This was my first thoughts reading an otherwise very good application.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:21 am 

Firstly, thank you for the replies.

Regarding the glyphs, it is just down to the poor selection of Shadow glyphs available. I used to run with Psychic Horror but outside of dungeons, I never really found much of a use for it, and specced into a pure dps spec for heroic progress. I agree that I should have used Fade, but it's just something that has slipped through. As for Psychic Scream, I can only see that useful for Nefarian, but in my current guild, we run with a Frost Mage and two to three Balance Druids so add control isn't really an issue for myself.

As for the reroll from Priest to Rogue, it was just due to the fact I had lost interest in doing so poorly at progress, and there was quite a few disagreements between the guild leaders, whom a few weeks later transferred to another realm. Eventually Quantum disbanded, and some members created Immanence whom I joined a few months later. My Priest is by far my most favourable character, although I do have plenty of alts, which are played during boredom.

Personally I have no problems if I was to be the only female in the guild, we have several in my current guild, but I find I get along with the males quite a bit more. I am a little bit shy at first, but once I get to know people, I'm very engaging into conversation about pretty much anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:11 am 
Casual
 WWW  Profile

It's the only game that gives you more skills than you can realistically bind on your keyboard and mouse and yet still takes close to no skill to play.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:36 am 
Casual

since i started reading at the bottom of your app as usual, clicking all links and stopping to read then, i didnt even notice if youre either female or male. however, as im playing a shadow priest alt myself and am of the impression that another one would be a good thing for us, good luck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:59 am 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:30 am 
Ex-Officer

Hi
Thank you for your application, it was an enjoyable read.
Your experience and gear seems up to par with what we are looking for.
I see no reason why not to invite you but please give officers some time on making a final decision.
That is all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:34 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:27 pm 
Officer