[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Svansemanden - Priest Disc/Holy - Xfer

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Svansemanden - Priest Disc/Holy - Xfer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:44 am 

Personal Information:
Name: Kenneth O.
Residence: Denmark

Quick personal recap:
A lot of my time is spent with real life friends with hanging out and playing computer games, prior to me beginning to play World of Wacraft I played a lot of Counter-Strike 1.6, where I managed to play with a small sponsor and competed in various leagues. Playing against some people who later on turned out to be some of the world’s best. Besides that I like to listen to music and of course sleeping is always good!

In-game character information:
Character name: Svansemanden
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Priest
Armory:
Played: 102 days, 31 days in 85
Logs: (The only I have left)
UI Screenshot:
(I realize I use a lot of addons, but they are just there to make my life easier, I am able to play with pretty much standard UI, in addition I have a lot of my mouse-over macro’s hidden)

Computer specs. and Internet Connection:
I am playing on a laptop with external monitors (mainly Dell WFP2407) connected, and I have two “backup” computers which I am able to play on incase anything should happen:
Specifications:
Lenovo W700 2758-75G, Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 – 4x2.53GHz, 4GB, Nvidia Quadro 3700M (With Headset and working microphone)
My internet connection is stabile, except for a minor incident a couple of months ago on the local server station which has been fixed. I have 25/3 Mbit at the moment, however it will soon be replaced with 30/30 Mbit fiber optic.

World of Warcraft guild history:
As I stated earlier I started playing World of Warcraft late because I focused on CS 1.6 instead. This has meant that I have pretty much only experienced the WotLK and Cataclysm expansion pack.

My first raiding experiences which are worth mentioning was ICC 10-men with real life friends, together we managed to clear pretty much all of ICC the first night on normal and closely followed by LK kill sometime during the 10% buff. I then turned to random 25-men ICC raiding with a guy named Redknapp which led me to an ICC 25-man clear. At that time, a guild called Ravenous at Dunemaul was looking for a Holy/Disc priest, mainly for LK 25HC.

I, despite my very low raiding experience, swooped in and took the “spot” around July 2010. After a trial period I managed to get accepted with Ravenous. At that time Ravenous’ main focus was Halion 25-man Heroic and we managed in August, after weeks of wiping, to get the kill as World 250’ish. Focus was now turned towards Lich King 25-man Heroic, mainly because of the summer had taken its toll on Raiding attendance we didn’t manage to get the kill before November 10th very late in the expansion pack.

However the upcoming Cataclysm expansion pack broke up Ravenous with people being scattered on many different realms. I started on Cataclysm pretty much guild less however later on I joined Almost Easy on Zenedar which consisted of a number of old Ravenous members and a number of “random additions”. We managed full normal clear as well as 3 heroic downs, in addition we had a few close heroic downs, however progress stalled completely because of numerous things (mainly raid attendance which meant no consistency in progress raids) and the guild eventually disbanded, and people scattered to a lot of places, among these Cráb People on Talnivarr.
I returned to Dunemaul to start raiding with Iron Edge, mainly because I had some real life friends in the guild, however they have later on stopped playing World of Warcraft, which pretty much ends my history in World of Warcraft.

Brief character-stats walkthrough:
I typically keep myself updated on coming changes to all classes via different websites like mmo-champion, EJ etc. however I mainly rely on my own experience and knowledge.

Both speccs, glyphs, enchants etc. is very situational, currently I have two of the speccs I use at the armory. When it comes to stats, Intellect is currently the best stat without a doubt, however it is often worth sacrificing the intellect to get the socket bonus, however it is not necessarily the case.

I’ve managed to find a fitting amount of regen. from spirit, when timing regen cooldowns with different mana increasing procs. That is also the reason why I have a few pieces which does not have spirit on them, but Mastery and Haste in order for me to maximize throughput.

In the end I’ve chosen to stack mastery over haste – I’ve tried to exclude as much crit as possible, I just find it too unreliable – mainly because I’ve found it superior mainly playing as discipline in the encounters I’ve been faced with so far.
NOTE: Weapon enchant should be changed to Power Torrent, in addition Hands should be changed to Mastery, however the reason I haven’t changed this yet is because I’ve been in “que” for Maelstrom Crystals for an eternity and have yet to receive any.

My feeling with regards to raiding:
I love and thrive for progression raids the main reason why I play World of Warcraft is because of raiding, and competing at a higher level have always been a dream of mine. I give myself 100% in progression raids and do everything to top my performance on every single encounter (no matter the cost or time it may consume). I love the “relief” after downing a Heroic boss after several wipes and lots of preparations, this is the best “rush” I am able to get in World of Warcraft.

As for farm raids go, it clearly isn't nearly as fun and exciting as progress raids; however in every guild I've been, I've always enjoyed farm raids as well because of the great social atmosphere on Ventrilo, which has made farm raids a lot more interesting and thereby not making them something which "you just don't need to get over with".

Closing credits:
I heard about your guild through some friends and I hope I would be a candidate for joining your ranks, despite my low raiding experience. To briefly sum up, I am a person who loves competition and will do everything to maximize my performance and always puts the guilds best before himself, as well as a player who knows pretty much everything about his class making me able to adapt to whatever situation I might be faced with, and of course attending all raids with complete focus and preparation (unless something very unexpected happens). I also enjoy the social aspect of guilds and having fun outside raiding is something I always hope to achieve, whether it will be doing achievements, farming reputation, leveling alts etc.
Personality wise I might seem a bit shy at first, however I am not afraid to talk over Ventrilo and participate in discussions whatever they might be about, in addition I am able to listen and process criticism as long as it is “reasoned”.

That was just my 5 cents.

Yours sincerely
Kenneth O.
Svansemanden

Post subject: Re: Svansemanden - Priest Disc/Holy - Xfer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:21 pm 
Casual

could you tell me why you specced like that (disc) please.
I dont really get your talent choices.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:03 pm 

I have to agree somewhat Shaggus, although I'm not much of a PvE healer nowadays, I find talents like Strength and Soul a little hit or miss in 25 man raids, given that Disc doesn't really need to focus on the tank these days.

I think it's a nice, well thought out application however, and like you, I don't have a vast amount of history in the game, and I don't think a decision is based upon that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:24 pm 
Casual

ahh k good to know.. but..
gonna list bosses and disc use now:
-halfus. u mainly want to smite heal only as it most likely will hit the tanks (haste gear is prefered for more smites)
-valiona. again smite heal is key to keep tank up and use shield in between on raid members to absorb the shadow bolts or whatever they are
-nef. again smite healing for tank and shielding members below 100% on electrocutes (if on add tank u will need to heal the add tanks, but well have other healers doing that most likely)
-sinestra. smite for dmg. and shielding in fight (atonement not really needed)
-chimaeron. smite healing if u need to keep up melee or shielding raid members (cause shield heal will most likely hit for 10k+) other than that spam shield raid when debuff lands.

Im not sure if ur talking about 10 or 25man, but from what ive seen i havent had any need to heal the raid as other healers are there for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 pm 

As he is a friend of mine and my oppinion would be biased, I'll just say: trial and see for urself.

Gl m12.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 am 
King Crab

Looks like we got enough priests for now, so I'm going to decline this application.

Post subject: Re: [Declined] Svansemanden - Priest Disc/Holy - Xfer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:36 pm 

awww... damn i didn't see this sooner, i support him too, we all know svanse from dunemaul/zenedar :)