[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Oneiros, xrealm restoshaman apply

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [Accepted] Oneiros, xrealm restoshaman apply
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:15 am 

Personal info:

I am Sven, a 34 year old belgian living near Brussels. My hobbies are obviously WOW, larp and hanging out with my fiancee and friends in bars or at our place. That being said, i'll continue with the facts that really matter

My character:

I have been playing wow since vanilla. Some friends told me it was a fun game so i decided to give it a try. I took a quick look at all the classes and troll shaman was the thing that really popped out, i felt some weird attraction to it. I started leveling slowly and very casual knowing virtually nothing about the game and all it had to offer. I reached lvl 60 after quite a long time and started doing some of the 10 man dungeons (strat, scholo etc) I was asked by the guild back then to go restoration, something i hadn't tried before. I got the hang of it pretty quick, and have been playing that specc since then. Somehow i got in a group with some raiders and they asked me to join their guild wich was progressing in mc at the time. Thats when the game really started for me.

After clearing mc i was asked to join the nr 2 guild on the server, called "Riddlebox "( Runetotem server). We progressed pretty quickly in BWL but struggled in AQ a bit and had a pretty rough time in Naxx aswell, clearing aq 40 up to C'thun and killing 6 or 7 bosses in Naxxramas. We got several server firsts, and i enjoyed the overall experience.

When TBC came out some guildies asked me to help form a new guild with the aim to really start competing on worldranks. We formed "Corruption" and did pretty good, up to the point where we cleared Karazhan in the first few weeks and did some Serpentshrine bosses. But it went all downhill from there on, ppl were more interested in loots then actually progressing so when it became hard they gave up. We started dying pretty quickly and i decided to apply to another guild, and that became my home until now. I applied to "Wrath" on Shadowsong as enhancement and got an invite the same day. After a few raids a restoshaman quit and i was asked to heal again, and i have done so eversince. I will give a short list of what we did with "Wrath" until today.

SSE, TK, MH, BT and SWP all cleared, with unnerfed Mu'ru as world 24th or so.

Wotlk all content cleared (on HC obviously) with some top 20 kills. But with Ulduar we had some key people leaving and we never really recovered, we had some great kills (Putri as world 8th etc) but when hc modes came progress slowed down and we couldn't turn it around. We lost worldrank and recruitement went slower due to that fact.
We did manage to clear every HC content though, and everything as server first, wich doesnt really mean much if the kill is ranked nr 300 worldwide.

Cataclysm:

Currently we have cleared bwd hc, killed 2/5 in BoT HC (Halfus and twin dragons) and 1/2 TFW .

If you have any further questions regarding my raid history or profession choice, feel free to ask it and i will answer it as soon as possible.

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ros/simple

My specc:

Anc. resolve: pretty mandatory on hc fights , 10 percent less damage frees up more mana to heal other people
No Cleansing Waters: due to the nerf the talent has become rather useless imho

All the rest is pretty basic.

Glyphs:

Riptide vs watershield. Both have their uses, and i swap between them depending on my mana. On most fights i have no issues at all and the extra RT ticks are always usefull.
Glyph of stoneclaw totem: 16k shield for 900 ish mana, ofc!!
The rest is also pretty standard.

Most ideas i get from http://lifeingroup5.com/ wich is a great site for restoshaman.

Offspecc:

Elemental is my primary offspecc, i used to play ele now and then in raids and have the most experience with it, i feel most comfortable in this offspecc. I also have some experience with enh but in all honesty.. it has been a while since i actually raided in that specc. I have decent gear for ele and ok'ish gear for enh aswell. I read up alot on forums about all 3 speccs to learn new perspectives and tactics/specc/rota's. Since i am not the greatest theorycrafter myself i have to do this to be able to perform at top level.

Pc and connection:

Decent and solid, i think i had 1 connection issue the last year of raiding, i bearly ever have lag so i am a very dependable player connectionwise.

Ventrillo/any other sort of teamspeak etc:

I have a mic and i can express myself perfectly in English. I am not afraid to talk and do it pretty often during breaks and after raids. I keep vent clear during raids so important commands can be heard.

What do i expect from raiding in general?

Raiding is the sole reason i play this game. I love challanges, learning and figuring out new tacs, then executing them in a perfect way. Competing on a decent worldrank and trying everything to improve it is what drives me. It really gives me a thrill to see the guild gaining a few more ranks, and being part of that accomplishment really makes me proud, not only of myself but of the other 24 people in the raid aswell. I am a teamplayer and dont mind sitting out raids/bossfights to optimise the setup and making a kill possible. In "Wrath" we had 2 restoshaman, and we both took turns, we had our own rotation and never had any issues doing that. In the end we both ended up raiding simple because we lacked healers.

What do i expect from Crab People?

I am looking for a hardcore endgame raiding guild that has the same goals as me: compete to be the best, but in a nice and fun environment. I am a very loyal player, giving all he has to the guild, expecting nothing in return but fun and a decent mature raiding atmosphere. I dont really care about purples and whatnot, and deviding loot as guild managment sees fit has never bothered me. Agreed, purple pixels can help alot, but its not the reason i play, let alone argue about.

My role in a raid:

Shaman are pretty versatile healers. There is ofcourse the obvious fact of totembuffs, and the manatide totem being a great tool for healermana these days. Ancestral healing provides the tanks with a great damage reduction buff, earthshield (though getting nerfed) is still a great tool, and the new totem will provide a great raidbuff on all sort of occasions. I am used to tankhealing and raidhealing, so i am comfortable with both and will perform good on whatever is asked from me. Providing earthbinds and interupt casts (no misses in next patch heh) are also part of my task. Obviously the first and most important thing is to stay alive!!! Dont stand in fire, however cosy it might look, execute tactics correctly so you dont end up where i am not supposed to be etc... All pretty obvious but so important!! And then ofcourse keeping other people alive aswell, welltimed heals and emergency heals were never a problem and never will be.

In conlusion:

When "Wrath" decided to stop raiding a few hours ago, i was a bit surprised and even more puzzled about my future in wow. I have been and will always be a raider, and i am not planning to change that... ever. Immediatly after the news was made public by our management, I contacted Desirable (wich is, as Odin, an ex guildie) to tell her the sad news. She suggested to apply here, because there is a restoshaman spot available. After browsing the website i saw that "Crab People" has the same goals as i do, and the raidtimes are the exact same as in "Wrath". So i decided to make an apply because i am convinced i would fit in perfectly here. If you decide to accept me you will gain a dedicated raider who has a perfect attendance and has enough experience and knowledge to fulfill whatever task that is asked from him. Beside the fact that i am here to raid, there is always the social aspect of a guild aswell. As Desirable will confirm, you will be gaining a silly troll that's always open for a good laugh or some crazy things.

Thank you for your time.

Oneiros.

Post subject: Re: Oneiros, xrealm restoshaman apply
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:42 am 

Obviously something important is missing, so here are the numbers.

Last wrath raid:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wpuvfqjx386cvzdi/

Bwd HC

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-l51ix80rwn2y98g0/

BoT hc

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wk0674z667sp150i/

Oneiros.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:02 am 
Casual

ui screen plx

lifeingroup5 ftw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:24 am 

I played with you for like a month or so. I was in Wrath for a short time during Sunwell on my hunter Zumazurama before I quit. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:31 pm 

Sweet shaman, very nice person and a good player!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:36 pm 

Onieros <3

Most polite shaman i've raided with, period.

Gief in our roster plox! (again, if shrimp votes count ;p)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:22 pm 
Ex-Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm 
Casual

could you please tell us why you have spirit gems?
and why crit gem?
and why the reforging on chest that way?

Last edited by Shgz on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:22 pm 

For Quyn, a pic of my silly UI. Nothing fancy, very basic.

I remember you Zuma, been a while though heh.. Glad to see you are still around. Thx Seductive and Odin, big trollhugs!! (you both know what that means)

For Shyz, the crit gem was actually there by my own stupidity, must have missed it while regemming a while ago. As for the chest i wanted some extra spirit on it, i prefer having atleast 2500 spirit unbuffed. The rest of the gear has been sorted, got some upgrades recently and didnt optimise the gear yet. I logged out straight after getting the bad news after the raid, so i didn't log out in the gear i should have had to make a decent first impression. The spirit gems are there for my personal regen and to boost MT. The gems in the belt are still not fixed, i might swap them for some more spirit or mastery.. I still consider a shaman as a support class so slightly gimping my own output to boost the raid alot is not an issue for me if it gets us where we need to be, and that is ontop of a dead boss.

Thx for the replies, hope to see you soon ( or answer more questions/ take pointers)