[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] Flashz - Affli/Demo lock

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Accepted] Flashz - Affli/Demo lock
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 pm 

Character:
Name: Flashz
Class: Warlock
Spec: Affli/Demo. While I like to play Destruction more, I have switched to Affliction after 4.1 because it has slightly better DPS.
/played: 188d/25d on lvl 85
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... shz/simple
Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/108008/
UI Screenshot: http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3193 ... 160011.jpg
Addons: Omen, Skada. I am not a big fan of raiding addons, but when I have to(guild demands it), I use Big Wigs.
Raiding experience:
Vanilla: I did not raid during Vanilla
TBC: M'uru before nerf
LK: Everything cleared, but I've played in a casual guild up until LK 25 HC kill
Cata: 6/13 HC, we've been raiding in our small 10m raiding group, but we have stopped raiding, because some of our key raiders stopped playing
About me:
Attendance: I have missed only four raids during past 12 months.
Computer: Quad core AMD Black Edition, 8GB RAM, Radeon 5850, Lgoitech G15, Razer Naga
Internet connection: 30 mbit cable connection
Why I want to join Crab People: I'd like to join a HC guild with a good history. I'd love to find a guild where other players would be about the same level of dedication as I am.
Why should you pick me: I am a very dedicated and focused player. I tend to learn new tactics pretty fast, I can listen to what my raid leader says and then execute it without any trouble. I am not affraid to speak on voice chat, but I also know when to shut up. I handle criticism very well, because I believe it's one of the ways to become better.
What drives me: I like the challenge to beat new bosses. I don't play for loot, I play for the feeling when you kill something for the first time. I am also very competetive and like to improve myself as much as possible.

I hope you'll like my applications, feel free to contact me in case you'll need any further information.

Post subject: Re: Flashz - Affli/Demo lock
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:21 am 
Officer

Hi there Flashz! Before I continue I want to state that I'm just a raider here, Mousehunter or Mihir will prolly give you the final answer :) But I have a few pointers and a few questions for you.

First of all remember that your application is the first impression a guild gets of you, in my oppinion - your application doesn't show much of the dedication your speaking of. Secondly you should get your chest and boots properly enchanted.
Other than that, your talents, glyphs, enchants, gems, reforging and proffesions look good! A quick look at your achievements tells me you got experience and seeing stuff like "Realm First! Fall of the Lich King" is always nice.

Your armory shows you have drain-life affliction and demonology, which specc do you use for which fight and why?
According to armory you have about 20 heroic kills but still you only have one heroic item, just bad luck?

Edit: spelling

Last edited by Noui on Sun May 01, 2011 2:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:54 am 

Hey, thanks for ffedback! :)
You are right, it's not the longest application ever, but I believe I have disclosed every important detail about me, I just didn't wrote a wall of text. I could for example specify my playing times like "on monday I play from 17:00 to 02:00", but... well I have 180d /played on this char and over 200d /played on my other three important alts, that means I am quite a nerd(or nolifer?) and I tend to spend most of my free time in the game.
You are right about the chest and boots enchant, I have no proper excuse for that, I have probably enchanted it long time ago and forgot to review it. It's even more ridiculous because I sit on over 400k gold, thank you for pointing that out!
I've been using destruction/demonology up until 4.1. I was using demonology on fights such as Maloriak or Halfus. We've had quite a strong AOE on Magmaw, so I was raiding Magmaw as destruction. I'd prefer to play destruction over affliction, because I think it's more fun, but affliction gives better numbers right now. I always choose my spec depending on what fits my current group and encounter the best.
Regarding to the lack of the gear, it was partially a bad luck because we were raiding 10m only(=less viable loot for everyone). The second thing is I have passed on many items to other guildies. I was usually toping the DMG meter anyway and I felt like if I pass an item to other raid members, the raid would be boosted more overall. I have for example seen Incineratus drop three times so far, and I've always passed it to someone else. I have seen tier shoulders drop and said to myself "well, this could be nice 300dps gain", and then saw our holy paladin was still raiding with blue shoulders so I have passed on them for him. Of course I may regret it right now, when our members stopped playing with heroic weapons in their hands, but I felt like it was the right decision back then. I could keep the item straight away, because our guild worked on "loot council" rules and I was a master looter pretty often, but I've never done so.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:05 am 
King Crab

Seeing as you're in a 10man guild now, what's your opinion on 10man vs 25man raiding?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 am 
Officer

also, would be nice to see a better screenshot

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:34 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:50 am 
Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:05 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:45 pm 

You seem like a guy that knows what the fk he's talkin about and i like you.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:15 pm 
Officer

Accepted for a trial, transfer over and poke an officer for invite.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next