[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Withdrawn] Cross realm - Mage - Phrost

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Withdrawn] Cross realm - Mage - Phrost
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:41 pm 

Personal information:

Name:
Simon
Sex: Male
Nationality: Sweden
Occupation: Student, I am at the first year of a civil engineering education and have therefor four years left of it. I am studing construction engineering.

Playing times:

I am a student and have a lot of spare time, so attending to raids will be no problem at all. The only thing that might be an obsticle for my raiding is upcoming exams, but I am pretty good at distributing my time so that would most certanly not be a problem.

It may vary a lot when it comes to spending my time in wow. Some weeks, I can spend almost entire days playing. Some weeks, I have to spend more time for my studies. However, studing is something I do at the day, I very rarely studies at the evenings. Avarage (from the release of cataclysm) I have spended 4,5h per day.

What I think about potions, food and flasks:
Coming unprepared for a raid is something unthinkable for me. I put my heart and soul into almost everything I do and hate to do anything semi-serious. I spend many hours of farming each week so I always have potions, food and flasks for every raid.

Character history:

* Previous guilds:

I've been in several guild during my WoW career, I've stayed very long in each of those. Lesser guilds that I've stayed only a week or two in isn't worth mentioning. So, lets start with the first guild:
Outlaw Immortalz @ Burning Legion
Aurora Boeralis Est @ Hamourash
Handle With Care @ Twisting nether

I've played several classes during my time in WoW
From the begining, I played as a warrior and joined Outlaw Immortalz as a tank. I stayed in this guild until the very end of The Burning Crusade.
I created a paladin and a mage in the end of The Burning Crusade and started to raid as a paladin in the start of WotLK in the guild Aurora Boeralis Est.
Upon clearing Naxx, I traveled for 2 months. Since I was no longer a member of any guilds, I took a break.
When Ulduar was released I started to play with my mage and joined the guild I am in right now.

Reasons for leaving Guilds:

Outlaw Immortalz:
I played at the server Burning Legion in the begining. In the end of the expansion BC, the server had huge lag issues. This affected our raids and the higher ups in the guild decided to migrate. I stayed at burning legion since most of my friends still played there. After a while, a free server transfer was opened to Hamourash and we decided to move to there.

Aurora Boeralis Est
I finished school and travaled with my friends for some months in the early summer. I was guildless when I came back so I took a break from WoW until the very release of Ulduar.

Handle With Care
My friends have moved to Twisting Nether and I simply rejoined them when I came back from my break.
I joined HWC and is till a member of it.
However, I no longer desire to raid 10m with the members of my guild. The execution requirement of the encounters is a lot higher in 10m than 25m. Since we lack players with enough skill, progression is next to imposible. The attitude for raiding in my guild is not my style at all. Most of our members are casual raiding (eventhou they claim that they are hardcore) which is something that I don't want to stand anymore. I desire a hardcore raiding guild with stabil members and high potential of progress. This is something I can't find in my current guild, so I decided to move on.

Technical information:

CPU:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Proceccor 3.00GHz
GPU: Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 4.00 GB DDR3 RAM
Internet Connection: 100/100 MBit
Operating System: Windows Vista
Additional Information: Using a 19'' screen.

Character info:

Nick:
Phrost
Class and Race: Mage, Troll (I am a troll because of the racial)
Played time at lvl 85: 25days 10h
Total played time: 102days (at this character)
A link to my gear and talents:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ost/simple

A link to a Screenshot of your UI in a raid:
I never though of taking screenshots in mid encounter. But here's one inside a raid instance at least:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4476/raidix.jpg

The keybinds ain't visible here, I assume those might be interesting for you. So, here are some:
R - Decurse
F - Counterspell
Z - Dragon's Breath / Cone of cold (Fire/Forst or Arcane)
G - Flamestrike / Blizzard (Fire/Frost or Arcane)
Mouse 4 - Spellsteal
Mouse wheel (Push down) - Blink
Shifr+1 - Nuke macro (Using berserking, mirror images. Arcane Power or Frosty Veins if I use anything else than fire)
Shift+2 Combustion
Shift+3 Volcanic Potion
Shift+4 Polymorph
Shift+5 Iceblock

Links to Logs of my performance in raids:
I have no logs for 25man raids, but heres one from each of my speccs:
Fire: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p875 ... 934&e=9231 (yes I died there, someone else took the CR and ruined my plan)

Arcane: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p875 ... 028#Phrost

Frost: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qzac ... 680#Phrost (Beating everyone else in my guild with a pvp-rated specc? Yeah, guess why I don't want to play with people who can't play his class)

Professions:
Enchanting with 525 skill lvl and,
Engineering with 525 skill lvl.
I can't craft anything "special" but I have at least all enchanting recipes that can be bough for maelstrom crystals.

Cataclysm factions:
I am exalted with all of them. I wouldn't even apply to any guild if am not exalted with all relevant factions.

Raiding History:

Special Achievements (those are the achives that I think is worth mentioning):
-Bane of the fallen king. I've mostly raided 10m in this and preious expansion. Our guild never succeded in downing LK 25m hc.
-Observed (10 player)
-Glory of the Icecrown raider
-Glory of the ulduar raider
-A tribute to insanity (10 player)
These are all completed at lvl 80.

So, what have I downed this far in Cataclysm?:
-Bwd hc 5/6 Nefarian missing
BoT hc 2/5 Council and Cho'Gall missing.
TotFW hc 0/2 Normal is cleared
BH 1/1
All these are downed with my current guild Handlw With Care

Pre Cataclysm:
Classic (as Warrior tank)
Zul'Gurub 7/7
MC 10/10
BWL 8/8
Onyxia 1/1
AQ20 6/6
AQ40 9/9
Naxx 5/15 (We were to slow to advance futher in Naxx. We stopped a couple of weeks before the realease os TBC)
All these are killed with the guild Outlaw Immortalz

TBC
(as warrior tank)
Karazhan 12/12
Gruul 2/2
Magtheridon 1/1
SSC 6/6
TK Eye 4/4
BT 8/9
Sunwell 2/6 (We never advanced futher here due lack of priests in the guild. Shortly after, the WotLK was released)
These are also downed with the guild Outlaw Immortalz

WotLK
(as paladin and mage)
Naxx 15/15 (Most achivements) (With Aurora Boeralis Est and Handle with care)
EoE 1/1 (With Aurora Boeralis Est and Handle with care)
OS 1/1 (With Aurora Boeralis Est and Handle with care)
Ulduar 14/14 (All hardmodes) (Handle with Care)
TotGC 5/5 (Including insanity run pre Fall of the LK patch) (Handle with Care)
ICC hc 12/12 (10m), 11/12(25m) (All hardmodes) (Handle with Care)
Halion hc 10m 1/1 (Handle with Care)

So, how did I find out about your guild?
I browsed the battle.net recruitment forum and stumbled across the post.

Deeper analysis about you and my char:

Talents:

Fire / Arcane
Fire: I am mainly using fire since it have a fair range of utilities. Three of the main reasons I choose fire over any other specc is:
1: It allows a fair deal of dps output while moving.
2: It have a capability of dealing decent AoE-dps.
3: I feel very comfortable with this specc and it's fun to play as.
Since there are many fights that requires high movements, especially in 10m (as I am currently raiding in), fire is currently supirior over any other specc.

Some encounters requires AoE damage output from the DPS dealers. Fire is by far the most powerful specc in that section right now.

I feel very comfortable playing as fire. It was the very engame specc in WotLK and its rotations have basicly, so to say, merged with my fingers. This allows me to spend more attention to the encounters overall.

Some bad things about the speccs:
For fire, the weak spot is the random factors. It's crit-based and it recuiers some "luck" to maximize the dps.
For arcane, the mobility restriction is a huge problem.

The arcane specc is really mana cunsuming. It makes me focus a lot about more mana management than the fire specc.

Gear:
I belive my current gear is decent. I have not obain better gear since our guild ain't capable of defeating bosses that can provide better equipment. I've incredible unluck with the rolls and drop in my guild. This doesn't concern me much thou, since gear isn't everything for me. The most important thing is to have fun. Of course, I am aiming to get as good gear as possible since it is certainly will help the progress.

So why do I want to join you?:
Crab People have a high reputaion at Talnivarr and it seems to have the correct attitude about raiding, progress and requirements. And most certainly, it have a high potential.
What most tempts me is that Crab People (at least in my eyes) are a hardcore raiding guild. Competition among others is something that is thrilling me. When I see other guilds advance before us I gets a great deal of competition spirit, and sadly I feel inferiority complex. As I said, I love competition, which I marly finds in my current guild. Almost no one knows hows to play thier character properly. In Showdown, I suspects that this won't be a problem.
Another reason is that CP is raiding 25m, which is something that I think is much funnier than 10m.

WoW goals:
I have no plans what so ever to stop playing wow. I might stop playing somewhere in the future when I just have to go on, I've no idea when that might be. This game is very dear to me. I want (of course) to become the best mage of all times and be acknowledged among others. This is just the "goal" that I am for and I do my best to achive that. Having fun is of course prior 1 for me.

Since I am making a cross-realm apply, I am willing to leave my friends behind for the sake of pve-progress. Progressing is one of the funniest thing I know about the game and it's that which keep me playing.

Other info:
-I've a lot expierence about raiding and leadership. I am currently GM of Handle with Care, but leadership is something I won't bring to your guild unless you want it. I am not comfortable with the leading role but I am still capable of having it.

Mainly that I can bring you is a very stabil and active raider with decent preformance. I will ALWAYS do as good as I can. I research about my own class and will optimize my gameplay in any way I am able to do. When I do something, I put my heart and soul into what I am doing, I am simply not satisfied with something defected.

One of my strong sides are analyse and preforming. I will reflect about ulilities of classes in and carry them out in fitting situations. (Which I suspect is the reason that I became GM...

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read through my application. You might find a tons of grammar and spelling errors, but I hope you still understand what I want to say. Elseway, juet let me know and I will explain futher.

Best regards
Phrost

Post subject: Re: Cross realm - Mage - Phrost
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 pm 

Ok, I am pretty tierd... I've applied to many guilds those days and tbh I've copied some sentences from one other apply that I've made.
Heres one: "[...]In Showdown, I suspects that this won't be a problem."
I of course mean your guild, Crab People, sorry for that :|

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:46 pm 
Officer

That screenshot was quite.. useless :P xept maybe for keybindings.
Can you please fix a better one? Just do a 5man or something. Proccs, debuffs, dots castbars etc. is what I personally find interesting :)

If you get accepted to Showdown will you choose them above us?
I vilken stad pluggar du?

Good luck

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:45 pm 

I see. I did what you said and I think I captured a decent screenshot:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/9814/80307637.jpg
Those small icons with timers to the right of my character is proccs from impact and pyroblast.
I've two similar icons below as well that indicates if my trinkets have procced.

I will most certainly choose this guild above Showdown. I've asked around other players at both servers regarding the guilds and the respone I got regarding CP is more positive than SD.

I am studing in Gothemburg

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:10 pm 
Officer

thank you!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:15 am 

Nothing Wrong with this Application, In my humble opinion.

Good Luck, Phrost.

Greetings,

Salaction

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 am 
Ex-Officer

Looks good indeed, though I'm a bit curious why you would not spec pyromaniac.

Enigma.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:45 am 

Last edited by Seductive on Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:28 pm 

Ah whatever. Thanks for the answers and oppinions.
I will withdraw this apply.
Thanks for looking it through.

//Phrost

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:19 pm 
Casual

Wow, thats some inability to handle criticism right there, mate...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next