[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] X-Realm DK DPS

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Accepted] X-Realm DK DPS
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 am 

Introduction:

Hi. I would like to start to say something about myself:
My name is Adrian. Im 24y old and i live in Norway.
I am also unemployed atm and live at home still (i know its sad :( )
Currently single and have been single for about 6month im guessing now, after a serious relationship witch lasted for a year.

I started playing wow when a irl friend showed it to me at around christmas 05/06 where it ended up with me driving at his place and staying there the entire day just watching him play (yea i know) Anyway. Got his 10day pass and have been playing ever since.

I also have an authenticator with due to the fact its better to be safe than sorry.

Other games: Was playing Counter Strike: Source before i started playing wow for about 1-2years. Dont play much now tho but i tend to do a game when im bored.
Bought Starcraft 2 few months ago just to try it out after watching streams from tournaments/youtube and thought it looked cool. Im however still a complete retard on it, but would like to learn how to play it proplerly and start playing it for fun whenever i need a break from wow for a few hours.

Character Info:
Current name: Darkroar
Server: Daggerspine EU
Guild: Furious Few
UI URL: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/863/combatui.jpg/
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... oar/simple
Spec: Unholy / 2h Frost (trying out both Unholy and 2h frost after the patch) (2h due to the fact i dont have any good 1h yet so cant really compare much)
WOL: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/78606/calendar/04-11/ (My previous guild witch i have been in since ulduar - Last raid with them was done 14 april)
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/3123/calendar/04-11/ (My current guild witch. First raid with them was 24 april)
Now you know where to watch :P

Started playing my DK when WOTLK came out as i was bored of my priest in some way and wanted to try something new (cant really remember why i was bored as its a long time ago) (Tired of rogues ganking im guessing :P ) And i thought DK looked cool after seeing some movies during beta of it on wowhead. (some dude lvling a DK through the DK quest chain)

Raiding expirience:
Gonna copy/paste this as i have it saved on the computer. Bare in mind this is from the current expansion its mention in.

Pre TBC
Molten Core - Cleared
Blackwing Lair - Attempted on 1 boss but wipe
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj -All exept last boss
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - None
Naxxramas - None
Outdoor Bosses - None

The Burning Crusade
Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern - Cleared
The Eye - Cleared
Battle of Mount Hyjal - Cleared
Black Temple- Cleared (up to illidan before the nerf.. (illidan after nerf)
Sunwell - Up to Kil`jeaden after nerf
Outdoor Bosses - All

The Wrath Of The Lich King (State 10 or 25 man)
Naxx - Cleared 10 and 25
Obsidian Sanctum - Cleared 10 and 25
Malygos - Cleared 10 and 25
Ulduar - Cleared Normal and heroic

Cataclysm
Bastion - Cleared on hardmode exept concil and sinestra
Twilight- Cleared up to nef hardmode (Got nef to about 5-7%)
Four Winds - Conclave Hard and al`akir normal

Previous Guilds:
Deathrow - Left after beeing in this guild in classic and the start of tbc as they didnt want to try progress (back in classic it was just farming MC over and over and the same think was about to happend in tbc so i left)
Credendum - Merged with Kaamos and created "Saga"
Saga - Disbanded
Credendum - Left becouse it was only social after the disband of Kaamos
Solo - Left becouse they stopped trying to progress in black temple. And then i mean stopped trying (Not going for the progressbosses at all)
Marauders - Left becouse solo was trying to progress again, also marauders was on archimond training and i cba with ppl failing with tears and fire all over again :( Once was enough
Solo - Left becouse i wanted to do some more hardcore raiding and got a offer to join striped socks witch i took. (This was back in early ulduar where Striped Socks raided 24/7 almost (They did 10man during progress. Sadly i joined after they cleared everything so they where a bit more "casual" when i joined and they attempted 25man)
Striped Socks - Got kicked after i logged on 1 night to raid. Was 3 min to late for raid invites. Asked in guild for an inv as i forgot the time while playing CSS with an irl friend. After about 5 min without an inv nor an officer respons i asked for a inv again and also said it was annoying to log on after bailing on a irl friend just to show up, just to not get any officer responding (was a habbit in the guild + i was a bit frustrated over that fact) Got a whisper from an officer to calm down where i said it was better to express my frustration instead of a potential gquit and that it was the way officers behaved that made me frustrated witch resulted in a kick
Furious Few - Applied to Furious Few straightly after i got kicked from Striped Socks just for some "revenge" i guess where Furious few is the 2nd progression guild on the server. However after joining they seem alot more softcore than i thought + their player skill base is alot lower than in Striped Socks

Why i want to join you:
First off i have all most of my irl friends on Talnivarr. 2nd your a high end raiding guild and doing quite good for yourself (cant complain about the archivement farming) (However i understand its progress > archivements)
But yea basicly because if i get to join you i can hang out with irl friends whenever im not raiding, raid highend raiding, meet new ppl and improve my gameplay to a new lvl.

Alts: Otterbekk (Priest) - 85 - Daggerspine Alliance (My old main)
Cerlina (Rogue) - 85 - Daggerspine Alliance (My "PvP" char in TBC)
QxQ (Druid) - 85 - Daggerspine Horde (My toon witch i lvled when my irl friends faction changed)
Opps (Mage) - 85 - Talnivarr Horde (Toon i lvled when my irl friends migrated)
And alot of lower lvls around lvl 30, around 70 and around 80-85 on talnivarr and daggerspine. (some 10-20 all over aswell ofc)

I Use MagicRunes to track runes and NeedToKnow to track diseases.

What im expecting: To join high end players. Have fun in both PvE and PvP

What you can expect: A player that dont stand in fire, got a mic and know how to use it. Willing to improve and a fast learner. Active and it dont go a day by where i dont sit on the computer for hours.
Keybinds: I am a beliver of keybinds and that keybinding makes you a better player belive it or not. I dont like clickers actully as i really really belive clickers would be better players if they binded. Personally i have more or less everything binded (even mounts), however i do click some things like: Army of the dead, Pot(golemblood)- I havent binded Blood Strike in my current specs as i dont really use it ever. Everything else is binded as you can see on the screenie

Cant think of anything else to mention atm, but i post more if something comes to mind.

Looking forward to hear from you and hope it will be good news (who doesent duh)

Cheers for the attention.

-Darkroar(atm!)

Post subject: Re: X-Realm DK DPS
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 am 

Hey darkroar

after looking on your apply it strikes me that you dont think that glyph of Dark Succor is any good? can you tell me why that is?
And you got glyph of pestilence as frost i also dont understand that one ?

Also are you thinking about getting 3 points in epidemic insted of inp blood trap ?

Also do you have exp on kiteing on conclave as the dk we use suck they are telling me :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:42 am 

Hey. About the dark succor glyph. I think its really good actully whenever i need to keep myself up. The fact i dont have it in my uh spec is becouse i went BB glyph for halfus to try to spam som blood boils and just forgot to change back to dark succor. Nothing else than that.

About pesilence in the frost tree i read on EJ that its bugged causing plague strike to hit for 20% more. However i havent tested with and without the pesilence glyph to check this is true (blindly beliving on EJ / might have been fixed as it got written 28th april) (havent noticed a fix but wouldnt suprise me if they fixed it)
Anyhow thats the reason behind it atleast as a 20% harder plague strike doesent hurt ^^

Epidemic instead of blood tap as frost is something ive thinken and most likely would go for. Atm i dont feel the need for BT on a 30s cd instead of 1m so yea im prob go for that. (Was speaking to a friend in my previous guild about it aswell actully a week or so ago - Just havent gotten around i guess and then kinda slipped my mind) But longer diseases as frost is always nice as i can use some more obli instead of howling PS refresh :) (Thx for reminding me ^^)

About kiting adds on conclave. Ehm. Have to be honest and say i dont have the "practice" for it. Ive tried it once when my previous guild went there so i tried it on progress. However i had to respec for it fast while ppl moved from bastion or w/e to conclave and then i forgot to spec 3 points in virulence (Before the change) so i missed a some spell hit witch kinda screwed me over. Having misses on howling blast on the adds is kinda gamebreaking :/

So in general i tried it for about 4-5 tries or something if i remember correctly but didnt get that far im afraid due to spell hit due to me beeing a retard rushing respec and forgetting something vital =/

However if the guild im in now figure out to go conclave this week i can ask if i can get a shot just to get the practice for it now when im spell hit capped ^_^ (if they let me practice instead of having their regular dk doing it)

Gonna sort glyphs and such next time ill log in. Havent gone to bed yet so gonna sort it when i wake up (around 1500 or whatever - god my sleeping hours are fucked :( :P )

Anyway thx for pointing out those issues

On a different note witch i forgot to mention in the original apply is my lack of best enchants on some items. (wrist and cloak) Reason beeing i wanted to wait untill i got the hc version of the item before spending tons and tons of gold on crystals (easy hc items to get aswell - wrist atleast)
When a new raiding dungeon is out and the "progression" is doing it normal before hc i ofc enchant and gem normal gear with the best gems and enchant possible.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 pm 

oh i forgot somthing what do you play frost or uh as your main dps build ?

also you got any tanking exp/ gear ?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm 

Havent tanked in this expansion. The latest time i tanked in raids and such was in toc i belive. About tanking gear i just started to collect it from raids so i dont have the gear for it atm im afraid. Just started getting tanking gear as crystals is easy to get now anyway and i didnt take tanking gear before as the guild needed crystals instead of having dps getting tank gear as off off off off off spec witch never ever gets used anyway. If you know what i mean.

Was uh from naxx untill 4.1 hit. Currently now in 4.1 i just have both atm so i can swap between them according to what i feel is best for x encounter and what "mood" im in playing wise ^^

Enjoys uh quite alot but atm im trying to focus on frost just to get the feel for the playing style..etc.. as it does more damage after 4.1 hit

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm 

It wasnt just the 5min no respons thingy that made me mention a gquit. Im not a player than switch guild ever month or w/e.
For example when the officers of the guild are going for al`akir 10man hardmode instead of going on 25man progressing on it instead. (Taking the same 10ppl over and over and over having the same ppl fail on the same things over and over and over for a month)
But idd i made a hasty decision even mentioning a gquit in /w

If you look at my previous guilds to check my "stability" and loyalty against guilds and such i have left 2 different raiding guilds, witch i left because they didnt want to progress. Thats Deathrow and Solo. Wasnt more than about 1month or something in marauders and it is furious few now witch i have been for about a month or something now witch i will leave if i get accepted by you.
And this is from my very start in wow back in 05/06 untill now in 2011.
So i dont switch guilds as i switch socks.

But i can see where you are comming from saying it looks like it.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:59 pm 

If you get accepted can you bring some items from Daggerspine to Talnivarr for me please :D Got 80k there

I bet Lithea kicked u, he's mean :(

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 pm 

ACtully it was wobe :P And bringing some items over can be arranged :) DK is horde but might follow with my priest witch is ally

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:21 am 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next