[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Lastpope - Disc priest

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Lastpope - Disc priest
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:54 am 

Wow Name: Lastpope
Spec: Disc
Race: Troll
Class: Priest

Armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ope/simple

Name: Andreas

Screenshot of your UI: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/lastpope.jpg/

WoL logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2 ... etails/19/

Are you a PvP or PvE player?
I am a pve, but i think that playing more pvp would be fun.

What are your previous guilds that you have joined in World of Warcraft, and why did you leave them?
I was GM of Drive By Spankers, which contained mostly of friends from around the server and a few from another server. We were 6th guild to kill LK 25 man in Wotlk. Can say it was a group of nice people, where some were really talented and some were really slacky, so you could say it had it all :D.
Just came from Madhouse, which im sure you know of. We joined with 6 players from Drive By to strenghten their 25 man and ever since they double their hc kills progress and put some bosses on farm.

What is your raiding experience?

Been raiding on a regular base since february 2011. Started to play Wow in october 2010, so havent been in the game as long as some other players. Dont know if that matters or not for what I do today. One thing though, i was pretty early being on Sindragosa 25 man (with no buff), think we started on it jan/february 2010 and downed it end of february.

ICC10/25: 12/12 hc and 9/12 hc (didnt raid much end of summer 2010)
Blackwing descent:5/6 heroic cleared
Bastion of Twilight: 2/5 heroic cleared
Throne of four winds:1/2 heroic cleared

A little bout my computer:
I5 661processor at@3.33 ghz
ATI 6850 Radeon Graphic card
24 inch LG screen
Broadband: 100 mb fown/10 mb up

Do I have a microphone and not afraid to speak on vent?
Yes.

Why do you want to join:

Well i like to strive to become a better player in a great raiding environment. Crab people is the right direction to go coming from madhouse. I would enjoy heal or save people from dying in a proper guild like em crabs. Im a very social dude with lots of life experience and i am a very positive guy to be around and i give my best.
Contact info: can e-mail me alidholm@gmail.com

About me: I got 3 kids with my gf Catherine. Ofc thats very important for me so my life is involved with lots of rensponsibilities. On other hand I am always here at nights, since kids gotta go to bed and as a parent you can´t leave the house:D.
i lived 8 years in USA, was a University swimmer at the time on scholarship and then been working many years as a swimcoach. My english is therefore good. Im a good communicator and really enjoy the social part of WoW. Also been working with insurance sales.
Most impoprtant for you guys to know is that I am a reliable and mature player that you can count on being a positive and fun influence to your guild.
Let me know if i missed anything?

Lastly but not least, one of the main reasons why i considered applying to you guys is cuz i think highly of Shaggus. He seems like a very nice guy and im glad for have been talking priestly stuff with him. He has given me good tips and inputs on various things.

Feel free to ask me anything and i respond quickly.
Peace!

Post subject: Re: Lastpope - Disc priest
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:57 pm 
Casual

got a few question about ur spec tho.

why 2/3 divine fury when you have 2/2 train of thought.

and some general priest questions..

can you play holy?

and last, why should we bring a disc priest to raid actually (this content)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:06 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:38 pm 

I on the other hand, really like Disc priest, cuz the fact its not like the other healing specs.
The prediction of putting shield up on people you expect to take critical dmg is a part of its strategy.

If you were to choose only one healer (and ie not 6), then i totally agree that top choice may not be disc. But you can also look at it other way: a disc priest with absorbs and shields when raid takes dmg, just makes it a lot easier for other healers to heal up.

I guess its just a matter of using it right. Timing of when and how..Or what you think?

I respect your opinion bout that, but to me, playing Disc, is the most fun i had so far in WoW. I think its a nifty spec.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:05 pm 

lol yeh with off spec in shagging :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 pm 
Casual

just went over your logs, and im gonna explain abit what i meant by my questions.
logs arent everything tho.. *wink wink mayoto

for instance maloriak and atremedes.. i see youve done alot of shielding.. nothing wrong with that.. but my question is.. do you really think its needed?

cause I think its not needed at all cause all the aoe dmg is based on a timer and can just be healed with some PoH,
sure u can shield some people.. but the biggest problem with that is the 15sec shield duration

im not sure about logs and stuff, but if someone could show me what the 'effective' healing is by shields it would be greatly appreciated

bottom line, just gonna say the same as nifty.. i rly think disc is a situational spec which is rly gimp on certain bosses.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:25 pm 

Hmm yeh i get your point on maloriak. Been focusing mostly on keeping the tank up in dark phase+a few others. I start my heal when boss stops channeling in dark phase. Atremedes somehow my opinion is that shielding can be useful since you can move and cast at same time. But yeh PoH does the work ofc for aoe healing, but as you and Nifty say, maybe not the best to get people up quickly as other healers. I think that i can adapt into a different playstyle in disc, and i may feel i get into a bit monoton playstyle lately. But thats also why im opened for your thoughts and so.
The shield itself also gives 8-11k heal when its applied per shield. I suppose if someone has high sound on atremedes it wont hurt with a shield + the little extra insant apply heal.

But shielding in red phase on maloriak been really helpful imo plus barrier ofc. But shielding in or right before dark phase i suppose isnt useful.

I think that disc priests can be very powerful in moving fights, cuz the fact that you can shield while moving + toss penance in critical moments. Cuz it happens, sometimes people can die :D

Even if you dont feel you need a disc priest, im appreciated by your tips, and I take in all the critics to uppen my own game.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next