[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Resto Shaman (X-Realm) Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Resto Shaman (X-Realm) Application
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:09 pm 

Personal info:

Name: Danny
Character Name: Corundum

Play times:
I'm able to raid pretty much any and every day you want me to unless an emergency of some sorts would to come up which is very unlikely.

Armoury Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... dum/simple

Character / WoW history:
I started WoW in 2007 and rolled a hunter, I levelled him up, got to know the game and slowly but surely levelled it to around level 50. I got the burning crusade sometime near Christmas of the same year and quickly got to level 70 and started to casually raid karazhan here and there. Obviously since i was at a rather young age at the time i was a terrible player, even now thinking of some of the things i did make me want to face-palm, hard. During the end of TBC i decided I was getting tired of being a hunter and decided to start levelling a shaman. A large proportion of my time levelling my shaman was as resto, healing dungeons as I wasn't and still am not a big fan of questing.
When WOTLK was released i started to raid more but this time as a resto shaman. I quickly joined a average 10 man raiding guild and started to clear Naxx, OS and Malygos after getting the 10 man key. In ulduar i moved up to a more skilled raiding team, who i raided some 25 player Uldaur with before they split up and disbanded. After that i was back to an average guild with friends that i had on the server at the time and we downed up to yogg on 10 man. During ToTC the guild disbanded, so i went in search of another skilled raiding guild and cleared 10 man totc with ease before, yes you guessed it, they disband. Can you see a pattern here?
Anyway at the end of ToTC i quit wow for a good 5 months or so but as many WoW players i came crawling back half way into ICC. I tried quite alot of guilds during this time, some of course which disbanded. But overall i got 11/12 Normal (missing the LK kill) and 9/12 Heroic (10 Man).
Before cataclysm came out i had one goal, and that was to find a guild on a new server and start a fresh, i wanted to down a raid tier fully and i was so determined this time so I posted a forum thread about my situation and quickly got many top end guilds offering places, In the end i choose a guild of Daggerspine.
Currently I am sitting on 12/12 Normal (10man) 11/12 Normal (25 Man Al'akir Missing) 2/13 Hc (25 man) which in my opinion considering the difficulty compared to WOTLK has been my best achievement in a raid tier to date and i was to continue this in the next patch.
I read mmo champ and elitist jerks religiously and love to make my character the best in every possible way, whether it be gemming, enchants, specs or rotations.

Reasoning Behind Gear and Spec:
I have chosen my current spec, gear, gems and enchants because i believe that being a crit heavy rshaman is superior than a haste or mastery based one as i believe it gives you alot of longevity during fights which is very useful especially in heroic content. Although my main stat is crit i do like to keep my haste at the soft cap of 916, my spirit at a healthy 2300 and my mastery at 10+ to further optimize my healing. Although alot of rshamans at the moment are using the talent which gives you mana back from lightning bolts i choose to avoid it as i never seem to find the time to throw a lightning bolt in and i find it would be a waste of talent points.

Addons and tools:
I use TuKui for a more organised, clear UI. Grid&Clique for my healing frames, Totemtimers to track ES, WS, Weapon Buffs and Totems. Quartz (clear casting bar). Speedy-actions, spammenot, Bigwigs / DBM whichever is updated first and finally TinyDPS (a less memory munching Recount)

I also recently invested in a Razor Naga gaming mouse which as helped me become alot better at the game as it allows me to easily keybind pretty much all my spells to one hand and im able to concentrate alot more on my positioning in game.

Here is a picture of my UI against heroic chim:

Uploaded with

Computer and Internet:
After my rather awful Dell desktop computer died I decided to blow a grand on a entry level gaming pc with a very impressive 24 inch hc monitor which allows me to play WoW at a steady 30-60 fps on high settings.

My internet connection currently allows me to run wow at about 60-100 ms / ping which in my experience is very stable and i will hardly ever disconnect from an encounter.

Why i want to join crab people?
I want to join crab people because i am looking for a stable guild that i can achieve all i want from the game with, make new friends and make 4.2 my best tier of rading yet!

I am sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes i may have missed while reading back through my application and i hope to hear from you soon.

Post subject: Re: Resto Shaman (X-Realm) Application
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:28 pm 

Just visited MMO Champ.

Patch 4.1 Hotfixes - May 19:
- Healing Surge has been reduced in power by 20%.

/sadface

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:11 am 

Any decision yet? or was the app too short? If so i can repost but i dont know if your not saying anything:/
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 am 
King Crab

Will take a few days more before we can give an answer, stay tuned :)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:29 am 

Thanks, if there is anymore you need to know, just ask!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:07 am 
King Crab

Wondering why you have 2x raidframes on your screen..

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:45 pm 

Hmmm... Just never got round to removing the Tuk Ui one, it isnt too much of a problem is it?, I can still see everything that is going on very clearly. :/

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:07 pm 

Hide it?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:26 pm 
King Crab

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:46 pm 

Sure, i understand. I can get it hidden asap :), no problem

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next