[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Millerz DK (Frost / Blood) Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Millerz DK (Frost / Blood) Application
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:42 pm 

The Player behind the character

Name: Dennis

PC/Internet Reliability: Currently i've ran with the same computer over two years, and only had problems with it once, my internet is fairly stable, due it have happened before that the power in the neighbourhood dissapeared.
my current ingame FPS is 60, and usually never goes below 30 in raids when a boss fight is going on.

Tell us about yourself... (please enter more than one sentence): I'm a boy (yes it's a shock) i currently just finished my 2'nd year in college and starting my 3'rd year after summer. usually i hang with friends or is with my family, i of course spend a lot (more than i should) time infront of my computer which have also gotten me many achievments in wow... yes i am what u can call a nerd...

Character

Name: Millerz

Class: Death Knight

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... z/advanced <- i know i am currently in pvp spec which will be made to the spec that i've linked below, i'm currently in pvp spec due to playing 3v3 with some friends.

Quick summary of pve gear stats: going after str -> hit (to cap) (8%) -> expertise to cap (26) -> haste -> mastery -> crit

Main Talent Spec (link to talent calculator): http://wowtal.com/#k=Ue_jCO4.avv.deathknight.-RCTo6 <- this is my talent currently DW-frost with glyphs. i've specced for Epidemic and Virulence, where many others spec for Improved Blood Tap, and i just feel that i don't use blood tap every 30 sec or atleast does not get it into my rotation. and felt with the Epidemic and Virulence i got more out of my damage output. My spec is of course up for discussion and can be changed.

Main Talent Major Glyphs:
Primes:
Glyph of Obliterate: increases Obliterates damage by 20%. Obliterate is either no.1 or no.2 on my damage done (%) which also makes it a part of my rotation and big priority with Killing Machine procs.
Glyph of Frost Strike: reduces Runic Power cost of Frost Strike with 8, this will make me do alot more Frost Strikes which means i will regain runes quicker due to the Runic Empowerment that DK's currently have.
Glyph of Howling Blast: Makes your HB apply Frost Fever, This will do that i can change Icy Toutch which is a low damage spell out with Howling Blast that i can proc to cast freely and refresh the Frost Fever.

Major:
Glyph of Hungering Cold: Makes you HG have no RP cost. i've choosen this due to it's great CC effect for fights as Cho'gall (Worships) and Nefarian (on adds)
Glyph of Strangulate: Increase silence duration of 2 seconds if you interrupt a spell, this really speaks for itself, as some mechanics in cata (adds on Nefarian p2) needs interrupting, with this glyph it locks their casting for another 2 sec than normal.
Glyph of Dark Succor: Makes your Death Strike heal a minimum of 15% of total health, i use this as in Cata raiding HC will mean that alot of AoE (raid damage) is taken, and helping the healers out with selfhealing will mean alot, then what if a little dps is lost.

Minor:
Glyph of Resillient Grip: Resets cooldown of DG if target is immune, this spell is currently bugged for Cho'gall fight, it resets cooldown when you DG a worshipped person, w/o moving them from their spot. (unaware if the bug is still there)
Glyph of Horn of the Winter: increases the duration of horns by 1 min, it's really just a slacker glyph, if i forget to do horn, but it's a part of my rotation which means i does it every 20 sec.
Glyph of Death Gate: Reduce the cast speed of Death Gate by 60%, slacker glyph once again. this will get changed out with Glyph of Blood Tap for heroic modes, as health lost on BT can be fatal.

Secondary Talent Spec (link to talent calculator): http://wowtal.com/#k=tk4OxmvC.avv.deathknight.-YakXP <- this would be my ideal OS (tanking spec) but i currently change spec alot, as i also pvp and fun stuff, + it's usually my spec i test things with, like difrence on 2h frost and dw frost's dps

Experience

Vanilla: Never played so didn't get any of the experience there.

TBC: I played PvP back then on my rogue, made it to 2.5k in a rogue / rogue team, rogue has since then been hacked and unavail on armory.

Wotlk: played on my Druid on a new account.
Malygos: Cleared
Naxx: Cleared
Ulduar: Cleared
ToC: Cleared
ICC: Cleared

Cata:
Normal: 12/12
HC: 4/13, experienced to 8/13, we tried Maloriak and it was downed after i left Fake DC, tried the twins, tried OD.

In-Game:

Show us a screenshot of your UI in a raiding enviroment:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... hotfp.jpg/ <- this would be my addons currently in raids, i don't use alot of addons as i don't need anything to pop up suddently. i like to keep it simple, have gotten a few new since then, but only to see certain things like who interrupts what.

Are you willing to respec to improve raid performance?: I am willing to do if needed

(DPS only) Describe your dmg rotation during a bossfight: I have no real rotation it's more of a Priority system.
i allways start with Outbreak -> Obliterate x3 to empty my runes -> Frost Striking to regain runes and then the priority starts, as if i have KM proc and within 3 sec left till Obliterate is rdy i wait, if not i just Frost Strike if the RP is for it. i keep my diseases up and reapply Frost Fever with free HBs and Plague Strike for Blood Plague. Death Knights rotation focus alot on keeping diseases up and do Obliterate if possible (when KM is up) and then do FS to regain runes.

Do you have any parsed logs of raids you have participated in?: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ju8l ... etails/12/ <- this is before the DW buff with blood runes allways being Death Runes now, but it should give an idea,

List the days/hours you can raid: my vacation just started (a few exams left) which means i can play all days at most times, only a few days i'll be unable to raid, and if anything comes up i will of course inform on forums.

What is your opinion on raid selection rotation?: i think every boss is difrent, some bosses may need special things like great AoE or great ST damage, some may need mass ranged, where some may need mass melee, i think that Officers and Raid Leaders are the ones who choose the setup they want to run with, and sitting out on a boss is nothing big, as long as the guild progresses and maybe get's a new record % on that boss.

How do you usually prepare for raids and encounters? : I prepare with having food buffs allways in my bank on alt, i atleast have 100+, having 20+ flasks at all time, if i get under 10, i will start farming / making new ones. and having 100+ potions for the raid.

What kind of PVE experience do you have and what has it taught you?: I've raided most of wotlk when i was what i would call a "rookie" it taught me the life of a healer being blamed for wipes.... then i changed to my DK which made it kinda even worse... tanks saying "OMG DPS IS SOO LOW", after hearing that i started really read up on my class, and try to get the best understanding of it. i ended up raiding HC ICC with a guild called Divined on Bronzebeard as alliance, but they disbanded and i moved to Fake DC about 2 months ago. i decided to leave them, due to special reasons which i can explain if needed, i moved here and started playing with some friends. they started to bail on me, and now i thought WTH let me try some endgaming, currently my progress is 4/13 HC on DK, but have tried both Maloriak and the twins.

Previous Guilds

Death Incarnate: disbanded
a jump to Talnivarr and were in guild with friends, disbanded
Divined: Disbanded and leader moved to Ravencrest or something like that.
Fake DC: due to some disagreements with other guildies, and not really getting along with some, i decided to join my friends once again, for a little more social playing.
Innherred gaming: were there a week, made officer, and GM + Co GM decided to make the guild social, so we left and 6-7 ppl merged with Poppin Poppers.
Poppin Poppers: We'r a social guild that raid some nights,

Where did you hear about Cráb People?
i heard about Cráb People back when i played on Talnivarr in Wotlk, i was cacually raiding with and pugged some. i went under the name Urass back then.

Why do you want to join Cráb People?
After a fews years of playing this game i've decided that i want to go hardcore raiding and endgame. i want to try to not just be in a guild that progresses and having certain members keeping them back, i want to try a decent raiding guild, where criticism is made and ppl improve.
The guilds i've been in before have been raiding, but none of them have been really my kind of style, when ppl failed they didn't get criticism and learend from it, the same people failed over and over, and it made me annoyed.

Do you have Ventrilo / Mumble?
I have both Ventrilo and Mumble, personally i like mumble better because of the less delay it got, but i've used ventrilo for the past 4 years of my gaming time.

Sorry for bad english, but my gramma is not the best. :(

Post subject: Re: Millerz DK (Frost / Blood) Application
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:31 pm 

just realised that the links for talent calculator didn' work.

Main Spec:
http://wowtal.com/#k=Ue_jCO4.avv.deathknight.-RCTo6

Off spec:

http://wowtal.com/#k=tk4OxmvC.avv.deathknight.-YakXP

spec will change abit depending on fights, and my minors will get totally to better raid ones once i find a raiding guild.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:35 pm 

apparently all the links are fucked... so here they come individually.

Char:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... z/advanced

Screenshot:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... z/advanced

WoL:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ju8l ... etails/12/

sorry for the bad links in the application.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:50 pm 

posted char link twice :)

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:11 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:14 pm 
Officer

there is a edit button for members.
You should read through your application before you post it. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:14 pm 
Officer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:44 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:26 am 
Officer
 WWW  Profile

Hey, thanks for your application, but your (heroic mode) experience is a bit too low for our taste.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next