[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] warlock app

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] warlock app
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm 

Name : Iscariot
Race : Goblin
Class : Warlock
Level : 85

About myself:
Name: kimble lieuw
im a student in the netherlands, but i was born in Suriname. Suriname is a small country in south america just north of brazil. go get ur atlas :p.
ive been studying aerospace engineering at the technical university of delft (TUDELFT)
and am now mastering in sustainble energy technology (SET) at the same university. Im almost done with this. YAY!!!

Speccs :
• Affliction: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IrGr0hsGsdcZI:MsRboVM0m
• Demonology: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZIrrcouMRdoIbb:aV0obzzo0
• Destruction: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#I0hZcbbZI ... :zoVzbamVz

Professions :
• Enchanting 525/525
• Tailoring 525/525
• First Aid 525/525
• Cooking 525/525
• Fishing 280/525
• Archeology 460/525

Screenshot of my UI :

Macro's :
Code:
#showtooltip Incinerate
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Firebolt
/cast Incinerate

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Shadow Bite
/cast Shadow Bolt

Key Bindings: Too many to list but everything that I need for my rotation or what will keep me alive is basicly bound.

My PC and stuff:

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon 3870x2
RAM : 4GB
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Headset WITH mic : I have a mic and a speakerset. I can talk when required.
Speedtest :
i am currently in a student apartment, where internet is provided by the building. a few monts ago they updated the dns server and i experienced a lot of problems. my internet would disappear every 10-15 min for 2-3 seconds. resulting me to dc from wow. but that has been fixed now. i do dc sometimes but thats like 1 time a night. so its kinda normal.
i will be moving from near the end of the month so my internet conditions will change.

Raiding Experience :

Wrath of the Lich King : I started playing wow in april/may 2009, this is about the time when uld came out. (yes im a scrub). I never wanted to play wow because I knew I would go all the way :@. So I have no raiding experience before wotlk. When I finnaly hit 80 somewhere in june I wanted to see what raiding was all about. I liked it and eventually ended up with the reformed Chop Chop. We did decent. TOCG we cleared up to Anub. Apparently Anub was a step too far for some members we had. Kiting was many hard. So we never got to kill him until icc came out. In icc we cleared 10/12 hc with patricide and lk left. Just like anub, sindragosa was a major problem to kill. People just couldn’t place iceblocks properly. We somehow killed her though. And after the kill some officers just called it quits since they didn’t want to go though that grind again with pp and lk. I ended up jumping from guild to guild. Most of them having summer fever and stopping after a few weeks. And finally ended up in school bus (after the summer).

Cataclysm : level to 85. It took me 4 days. Lol. And then it was a race to gear my lock. Because our first raid was planned the week after the release. So for weve killed 10/13hc. Summer fever is here again and this year it seems to have hit sb really hard. In januari out raidleader had to quit because he couldn’t combine his school progress with wow anymore. To comepensate for his leave, new officers were promoted but they too stopped short after. Apart from our raidleader quittin, the raid atmosphere changed a lot. Slowly overtime people started to quit because they didn’t enjoy the game anymore. And now were at a point where we no longer have enough ppl to form a 25man raid. We planned to do 10mans instead for the summer, but not anymore. School bus calls it quits apparently.

Guild History :
started in The LBC, friends guild. my noob ass wanted to raid so i joined the next best thing that called itself a raiding guild. shadow pact, just some randoms who tried to raid. left afterdays i think to join chop chop where i actually really learned to play my warlock. epiphany after cc disbanded. from epiphany to madhouse. from madhouse to school bus. left after they pretty much died.

Extra Information :
Logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q5vgj3im5qqw86rn/
the last few weeks i didnt raid much. was usually on standby, because we had a new lock to join us (friend of mine) so i let him play, to gear up, instead.

Near Future AFK's : I have 2 exams around the 3rd week of june. Chances are that I will have to take a night off to study extra. But ill try to plan accordingly. After the exams around the end of June I plan to move back to my moms. Again im going to try and plan this in the weekends so I don’t have to cancel a raid day.

Why I want to join Cráb People : school bus is done for. I don’t think that malicht will come back to lead the raids after the summer. So even if school bus would pick things back up after the summer it would be the same situation again. So I think its time to move on. Ever since I started to raid ive always wanted to clear a tier before the next one came out.

Any questions? Make sure to ask, especially make sure you point out silly mistakes so I can try to defend them OR feel embarrassed.

Post subject: Re: warlock app
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 pm 
Casual

Been playing with this guy quiet some time. He was usually with us in Crab alts raids. Pretty good player so bump.

btw hi guyz :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:02 pm 
Casual

rly cool guy and a solid player
take this guy in consideration if theres place for another lock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:02 pm 

i forgot to link my armory in the app
so here it is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am 

Why are you gemming 40 hit gems instead of 20 int 20 hit? Hit are important but not that important that you will gem 40 hit..

Application looks very nice.. and I wish you the best with the application :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:42 am 

i used to play with 20int 20hit gems. but missing that 40 hit rating was a bit too much. i would notice that i miss spells. with my currrent gems i still miss as im not hitcapped (0.3% short) but its really rare. missing a haunt is just too annoying..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:47 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 am 

omg more school bussers

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... D/advanced

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 am 
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 am 

tbh im not too much of a theorycrafter so i fix my gear according to tests on training dummies i do. my thought was to get as close as possible to the hitcap as i dont wanna miss any spell.

and for my connection. yes 1 dc can be much. especially when it happens in fight. thats just the state of my current connection. all i can say is that it wont constantly happen as it was in the past.
when i move to my moms i think that my connection will be more stable as she has a normal connection.
not like i have where im connected to a server with 300 other ppl and this server is connected via a laser connection to another server at a nearby school which in its turn is connected to surfnet.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next