[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted]Frost DK X-realm

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Accepted]Frost DK X-realm
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:25 pm 

Wow, no template to follow..... wish me luck i guess

About me
My name is Keith, I'm a 20year old guy from Northern Ireland, i currently work part time, i actually took this job on so i could continue raiding without ever having to think about AFKin raid nights due to work related shit, so yea, I am pretty dedicated to what i do (If you can't do it right, blame the healers) I love music of all types, at the minute im ioto that crazy electro dub shit, and I'm listening to skrillex' album Angry monsters and Happy Sprites while i type this, i smoke so if there is a 5/10min during raid this is what i will probably do, i have no pets, so no "AFK cat is eating my router"

About my DK
So as I'm sure you noticed from the forum posts title, I'm currently playing Frost DW dps, well i say currently, this has been my main since i started again in WOTLK (i know this is a terrible way to indicate how much experience i have, but i assure you my moving from fire sense is pretty good!)

Total time played: 90 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes, 16 seconds
Time played this level: 41 days, 18 hours, 8 minutes, 41 seconds

that's my armoury, obviously my gear isn't OMG SICK PURPLEZ BRO, i make the most of what i have, and thank the RNG gods, that the lone time i killed AC hc the trinket dropped, so yes, i will be honest, i use to get the most out of my gear as i for one am terrible at maths, and i find that being able to push that extra 100 dps can make the difference, im currently slightly over the hit cap as you read this as i got some new legs last night and after gemming enchanting and throwing a quick hit to haste reforge on, i went to bed, so its not 100% optimized

Ok, about my gear stats, as a frost DK i want my hit capped (at 5% as im DW, so talents covers me there) exp to cap, again slightly over, and i also went orc here as my BiS this tier is axes, and them orcs be lovin' yo axes (plus i just wuv blood fury) then haste, more haste and to top it all of, some more haste, haste helps me with melee swings which = free crits, it helps in rune regen and ofc, DoTs (i liked it more on 2H when it gave free RP but alas, they nerfed it ofc) then according to EJ mastery and crit are on par, now i don't oten disagree with those smart kids over there, but crit is terribad imo, due to the insane amount of Killing mahcine procs, so i tend to aim at mastery over Crit. TL:DR strength>hit>exp>haste>mastery

Talents
From my armoury you can see i have 2 frost specs, one with chillblains, one without, blame kiting in tier 11 and beth'tilac where i get to spam HB the entire time.... pretty straight forward talent trees imo, that was part of the cataclysm, it made even the braindead among us able to make a decent spec (i have opted for longer diseases over improved blood tapped due to i find this an easier spec to play... that's just me) i am able to play unholy and blood (i do have some blood gear) but i love me frost <3, i would happily go into more talent detail, buit im sure the 2 DKs who read this understand the spec, and im sure the officers understand, that the talent spec is very simple to see why as a frost DW dk i have chosen what i have, also i notice i only have 60k characters for this app, and if i keep going the way i am, I'll miss my raid tonight...

Glyphs
Glyph of Frost Strike, this little beauty decreases the cost of my Frost Strike by 8 runic power so instead of it costing 40 RP it costs me 32, now obviouisly this doesnt seem masive, but for you casters imagine your spells costing 20% less, that would be an OP glyph right? (would happily look into my parses for more exact numbers over a 5 minute fight if required)

Glyph of Howling Blast, basically replaces Icy touch with Howling blast, it also makes my AoE much more effective, as it makes all targets hit by HB get affected by Frost Fever.

Glyph of Obliterate, your bread and butter shit, obliterate if the big hitter for frost, it then hits 20% more, I'm sure you can understand why i have this.

My prime glyphs were self explanatory tbh, my major glyphs are shit, except AMS, 2 extra seconds on what is easily the best defensive CD for a melee dps imo, 45 seconds CD, 75% of magic dmg absorbed, or 50% of my health, it also makesme immune to magic, i havn't found a nifty trick for it this tier just yet, but for example, without browising forums, i managed to find out in tier 11 i was immune to wrack (sinestra) Blackout (V+T) and on the first or 2nd week in cata on AL'akir i figured out on how to reset acid rain, so yea could i be anymore OTT? i don't think so, but you take all of that and add an extra 2 seconds it means i can use it in advance to prevent something,m if it doesnt prevent it, i still have it to reduce some dmg, the other 2 are hungering cold (cast times are shit) and dark succor (thanks for nerfing me more you blizzard fucks)

Minors are uselss.

Progression
So i didn't take this game serious in vanilla when i played hunter, i just farmed BGs while talking with friends over what i think was skype (i was 14/15 needless to say i can't remember much of last month never mind my teenage years) but like now, i played ALOT.

i started doin serious raiding (i say serious it was terrible terrible raiding) at end of ToC where i quickly learned how to max the deeps while avoiding the shit that lets healers max the hps....

But yes, cleared everything in wrath except LK heroic on both 10 and 25, and i dint get anub'arak 25man hc

I strived to become a better player, i strived to do what i knew i could, but obviously so new to a game, many good guilds didn't take the risk on a "newb", so with some in game friends i worked my way up the ranks, finding my love for raiding very quickly, and very quickly realising i wasn't the worst kid to play this game, i started pushing my performance every single week because tbh, my favourite part about raiding is the nerd scream after the first kill, never have i loved a moment like it.

Then came cataclysm, where i burst from my shell (no pun after the gloating to other melee about AMS)
not the quickest in the world but with the guild "The Gnometrotters" on auchindoun allaince EU, i managed to clear 12/12 normal pretty quickly, problems arouse here with me on how the guild was being run, and why some people were being taken over others (this didnt include me, but i prefer fair raiding) and how the GM preferred his friends over actual good players, so this is where i moved to stormreaver EU horde side (finally back to the horde woohoooo!)
I joined "sacrifce" we slowly but surely climbed those server ranks killing a hc boss each week, then boom, one week of omno hc wipes it finally dies, we all cheer in the non gayest way we know, and decide to gay conclave hc, already feeling the summer strain we hit the attendance issue wall, now within sacrifice i quickly worked up a strong bond with the majority of the guild, there was obviously the few pricks as there always is, but we love them truely so i helped recruit spam forums whisper people i know on other servers, everything i could think of, then out of nowhere, the guild "minority" ends up plannin merge with Sacrifice due to my constant whispering of everyone i can think of, this merge turns out to be pretyt damn succesful, unlike most, we clear 13/13hc (Sinestra/Council/Al'akir were done on 10man due to the amount of new people and their lack of gear and our lack time before the firelands hit) now i know this isn't impressive as such to you guys, but hell, 13/13hc means im not all bad right?

So yes, i killed 2 birds with one stone, i explained my trip in tier 11 with my guilds and why i left and also my tier 11 progress.

Now it's t12, we cleared 7/7 normal the first week (i missed alysrazor and baleroc the first week of firelands due to attending a wedding, as we all know, weddings dont happen often)
Week 2 - 10 or 11 attempts on shannox hc and he was down, this took next to no skill from me, and a big props to our tanks for not being bad and to letting me go full nuke while holding aggro. then due to some confusion we went beth'tilac before rhyiloth (after 8 pulls we realised this was a huge mistake)
I have since spent the rest of this week wiping on rhyiloth. part of me thinks we might be doing it wrong, the other part of me doesn't understand why we are baby sitting so many retards and the fact that every time a volcano gets stomped and he does the "lines" after it we have to announce it on vent, now Minority is probably the best guild i have been in to date, and the fact of leaving them for anything but a very successful guild is out of the question to me.
If i got accepted, I would be sad (not in a gay way, as i have most of them on real ID so i can still cyberz anyway) but in a man on man no balls touching bro love kinda way, these guys were the funniest guy i could raid with but every kid knows that when the time is right, it's time to play with the big boys (that's right i called you the "big boys" ;) )

I feel after that wall of text you can get a glimpse on my attitude and how i view this game. i have had a quick pester at Mihir, and he said due to the recruitment on DK being low, that of course an exceptional application would be looked at and discussed, not in those words, i can't remember what we talked about tbh, i probably sounded like every other kid in the game. I asked him about Cráb people as if i get accepted it's going to be "home" so i felt i also deserved to know about the guild and its people

This is Minoritys world of logs, i should be in the majority of them, obviously with firelands here im pushing myself as hard as i can again, and if mihir said "not bad" then i suppose with a bit of a more professional raid environment (im not saying the environment in previous guilds wasn't professional but unfortunately some of the people weren't) i could proper and hopefully become a valuable asset. I won't lie, i generally don't like sitting out, as not raiding bores me, i understand this is childish, but it in no way means i will log of and emo, i understand perfectly that this is how shit goes down, i have had to sit before, i tend to go farm the AH or play an alt. i 100% won;t log off as if someone DCs i want to be seen as the guy who is always there online and ready to rape those boss faces.

Technical Shit
Hope you aren't expecting something smart here? i have an average setup that hasn't DCd me in i don't know how long? rolling with a 20mg virgin media fibre optic line, because im the boss, i am currently saving up for a new PC in the near future which i would much rather tell you about when i get it (see what i did there? i implanted the thought of us being together in the future <3)

UI

I dont have AotD bound as i use it when i prepot by click, does that make me bad? my bottom bar of the 3 gets hidden in combat and my second bar has the hotkeys hidden , but if you wish i will tell you what they are.

That Extra shit that probably doesn't matter
I have actually put some effort into this, and tried to make it as neat as i could i understand the middle is a bit of a cluster fuck, I also know that i may come across a bit of a prick sometimes, but everything i say is in jest, and in no way mean offense in anything i say ever (althought outside raid times with friends i find it easy to get carried away, who doesn't?) i tend to steer clear of being confrontational as at the end of the day this is a game, we play it for teh lols right? I don't like pets that much, i like watching stand up comedy, and when i was 14 i had a fetish for squirting, if there is anything you need to know about me feel free to ask for my real id and ill happily sort that for you, or ask me onto vent for a chat (chicks dig my voice apparently)

and if you're from the UK, i will tarmac you drive way for a vouch into Cráb people

Post subject: Re: Frost DK X-realm
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm 
Casual

Your "shit" seems okay to me:)

A few questions though. Did you have your current axes on your WoL Baleroc kill, because if you did, your dps on that fight seems a bit low for the tank and spank fight it is.
What keybinds do you have for the rest of your abilities in your UI?

Good luck with your application^^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:49 pm 

i was 3rd on baleroc when i died, the person i was sharing shard of torment with was running side to side like a retard and it fucked me hard, i called on vent for a pain sup so i could at least take the stacks higher slightly, but yes, i had both of those axes, the problem there also was, when i died, i didnt get my CR until after lust was cast and i had to wait until the end of the fight to get the lust, i also didnt get a full rebuff after the ress

obviously with hindsight being 20/20 i know instead of calling for Ps i should have called for another melee to take my stacks, but the raid leader said after it, he can't be angry because i didnt wipe raid.

about my other binds,

AMs is middle mouse forward, IBF is middle mouse back
i unbound hungering cold as its pointless as im sure you are aware now.
empower rune weapon is f1
raise dead is ctrl+1
death and decay is ctrl+2
death coil is ctrl+3
blood tap is ctrl+4
blood fury (orc racial) is r
pot is t
pest is f
and strang is g
my healthstone is `

keep them coming, i have 45 mins until raid and nothing to do!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:49 pm 

ull get answer soon

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 pm 

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 pm 

Accepted, u can xfer over

/w any officer for invite

This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure 50% pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

http://i.imgur.com/I5jrB.jpg

Post subject: Re: [Accepted]Frost DK X-realm
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 pm 

stayin offline for half an hour, then im hittin your shores. hope its being kept warm for me

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]