[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined]X-fering Warlock from frostwhisper

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Declined]X-fering Warlock from frostwhisper
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:34 am 

Name: Jacob

Character Name: mizho
Current Server:frostwhisper
Race: goblin
Class: Warlock
Talent specialization: afliction/ demo
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... zho/simple

Talent spec comments:
My gear is not the fairlyest place right now have been on vacation the latest 4 week. I'm aiming to run with an immense 1249 haste unbuffed, and 1309 haste self buffed. I have mostly gemmed for socket bonuses as most of the bonuses are at 7sp or higher. Since I only need 2 blue gems to satisfy the conditions of my meta, other blue sockets (with bonuses below that of 7sp) are broken with 23sp gems. With current EJ numbers for stat to dps ratios, 23sp comes out 7.39 dps better than 12sp/10haste. I try to keep my hit around 13-16 as a personal preference, however I could easily drop another 60 hit rating and rely upon suppression and raid buffs. As a rule of thumb, I shoot for Haste/SP first and Crit second. My enchants are fairly standard for any caster dps, I'm using glyph of haunt for the 3% damage increase to my dots, and glyph of lifetap for the spellpower it provides. I would need to drop somewhere below 60 spirit to make glyph of lifetap obsolete. Quick decay is a clear choice for affliction, as stacking haste (like any good affli lock will do) speeds up the ticks of corruption increasing dps.
But i must say that i atm playing for the 17% hit cap due to the lack of gear atm

Enchants:

As long as there's no intellect(ual) gain from an enchant, I go for hit since I haven't quite reached the cap yet. An example could be my boots, I chose to skip the 8% movement speed since I have my portal which is on a CD almost all the time, saving me a lot of running and space between casts.

Gems:

Since gems provide 40 (67) intellect gains, it's only logical to pick those over any other gem. However; if a bonus has more than +20 valuable stat increase, I go for a colour to match the bonus (20 int + x gain) instead of skipping it and wasting stats by choosing pure intellect.

Previous raiding experience:
Vanilla: ZG, MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx - cleared (rogue)

TBC: Kara, ZA, Gruul, Maggy, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SWP (until mu'ru) - cleared pre 3.0 - Mu'ru and KJ killed with 3.0 (rogue)

Wrath25 - Naxx, Maly, OS3D, Ulduar (glory of ulduar raider yogg+0, realm first algalon), ToC, TotGC(Tribute to Insanity), ICC25 11/12hc (glory of the raider), RS25 normal (with wipes on hc) (rogue and lock)

Wrath10 - Naxx, Maly, OS3D, Ulduar (glory of ulduar raider, algalon), ToC, TotGC (Tribute to Dedicated Insanity), ICC10 11/12hc (glory of the raider), RS10 normal (with wipes on hc)(rogue and lock not all but some stuffs)

Slomizh is the name of the rogue on frostwhisper aswell stoped to play it since 2 month now he have got 13/13 and the lock 10/13 and have been in africa latest 4 weeks but the guild got 1/7 hc

Reasons for applying, what I have to offer:

I do not know what to type here without sounding overconfident. I’m not perfect; I cannot guarantee 100% flawlessness, I make mistakes just like everyone else. The only thing separating me from an average player is that I’ve learned that flaws do not stay forever; they vanish if you fight them away. I pick up my mistakes and go against them by repeating what I did in the first place but in the opposite direction, a direction of win!

The thing I can gladly confirm is that I’ve been playing a warlock since the end of wotlk (last 2-3 month), I’ve learned the hard way to shorten my mistakes both mechanical- and stats wise. Back then you did not have as much information about every single spell and glyph as now in Cataclysm, so I used them brain cell by brain cell. Since I still play this class, I’d say I did fine in teaching myself the ways of the warlock.

Another thing is that I like to tweak with my specializations and spells just for the fun of it, perhaps learn a thing or two. For example, I learned when i played Destruction that you should not listen to EJ saying you should have the improved Soul Fire buff up at all times. With all the mobility going on in Cataclysm, and the buff only staying for 15 seconds (refreshing at 13) relying on your pet for the instant casts and using Soulburn is a better DPS gain than having to spend 2.5 seconds casting soul fire (it doesn’t hit for much either :<).

I also noticed that when casting Conflagrate and having Backdraft (cast time for the next three Shadow Bolt, Incinerate and Chaos Bolt spells is reduced by 30 %.) you should ignore Chaos Bolt and go for Incinerate instead of spending a 30% haste to that since Chaos Bolt has a shorter cast time. It should only be used between Conflagrate being on CD and not having Backdraft, also the dots not needing to be renewed. You save a few milliseconds and it’s not a huge deal, but I’m into details :)

Previous guilds / and the reason I left:

1.Hunters of Men 5 raids a week, but switched because it was way toor many who never appeared on the progression days but just wanted to get on the farm days and then we had to call 2-3 raids a week and I got tired of it

2. At the end of the day: Feling that it ain't were a guild i looked for don't seems that we coming forward and i got end content experienced why i am asking to help and join your guild !

My availability:

I can attend every raid since I’m online playing with the friends I’ve made rather than going out for fresh air (I have a window :<)

I usually get home at around:

Monday: 3 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Tuesday: 4 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Wednesday: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Thursday: 4 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Friday: 4 p.m. – unlimited (actually a bit earlier since half of the class does not bother attending the last course because of our teacher being stupid)
Saturday: Unlimited
Sunday: 11 a.m. – 12 a.m.

Like during holidays and free times like hanging around whith friends play soccer and listening to music

Vent/microphone: Yes/ Yes i got both and i am never afraid to say whath i am thinking and i always having repect when other people talking

World of Logs: Haven't played so much since firelands released but

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8 ... amageDone/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8 ... 10&e=10310

not the best try but can't relly find beter atm

Ui/ Addons : http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8735/noes.png

can't find my new one but the only thin i can ad is that i using elv ui/tuk ui

I feel like I've pretty much covered everything in-game so why not write a bit about my life outside of WoW!

Hi, I'm Jacob, a 18 year old from a town in the center of Sweden going by the name of Jönköping. I'm in my 2nd starting my 3rd year of high school studying IT, both good and bad sides to that! Being able to touch a computer even at school is a huge plus, I can't stand not being near one for over an hour :<. The bad ones are probably our worthless teachers giving us assignments in OS/W7 to figure out the new options featured in windows 7 which vista did not have, and no not advanced options!

I’d like to say thanks for taking the time to go through the application. If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! If you read it all, even more congrats! An application shouldn’t make up for the whole player, but it’s a small step in the right direction :). Just like a certain actress once said: let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be! And you are free to ask me questions f you got any ty in advance

Best regard Jacob

Post subject: Re: X-fering Warlock from frostwhisper
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:49 am 
King Crab

lol!

http://reve-guild.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=835&view=next?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 am 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]