[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Accepted] X Realm - MM Hunter Application

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Accepted] X Realm - MM Hunter Application
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:22 pm 
Casual

Quick Note: I'm not to good at writing my own applications, so it may not be the greatest in the world.

Myself:
Name: Alex
Sex: Male
Nationality:British
I live in North East England and am currently waiting to go back into College, not having a job during the summer meaning I am currently playing WoW A bit to much for the time being. Also have a pet parrot which enjoys to watch raids (doesn't interrupt though)

Previous guilds:

Redrum Inc: I joined this guild for the start of Cataclysm and raided with them until the guild fell apart during the middle of Teir 11 Heroic progression, starting on Nef as it collapsed suddenly due to the server having no one to recruit.

Drama: I then joined Drama where I finished the teir of Content at 12/13 being in for the guilds first Sinestra kill but having some Health problems during this time meaning I did not raid as much as I wanted to really, Never getting my Heroic Council kill. Although this was a great progress guild it was 10 man which to me isnt anywhere near the same as 25, so I made the decision to try and go 25 Man for FL, Joining Aeternus.

Aeternus: Joined these with them to find it was not the same as they had been saying, being 10 man with a large amount of slacking raiders. This just pained me with officers only ever talking about when they were better in Wrath and not about what to do now that they were having problems. This went on and did not improve at all, 10 man's not being what I want to do raiding wise.

Technical information:
CPU: Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU:Nvidia GTX 580
RAM: 8Gb Corasir 1800Mhz
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit

Character
Name: Nigella (To be Lurx)

Class and Race: Worgen (Troll) Hunter

/played: 130 Days Total, 61 at level 85.

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... a/advanced

UI: Image
This isn't 100% up to date but is pretty close. I do not have all my key binds on there to show also, some being hidden to free up some more space as well as macros for things such as using CD's without a potion, with a potion, MD'ing to a certain person, a focus. Those kinds of macros are bound to keyboards G Keys as they are situated quite nicely for me.

WOL: I dont have any recent logs unfortunately, If there is any other way you wish for me to show my performance I will however.

Professions:
I am a Pot Master and Goblin Engineer, so I can supply people with their Potion needs and with anything they may need from an engineer.

Why I choose these? I choose Engineering due to all the small perks it gives to you, never knowing when a rocket belt could come in handy as well as the nice 60 Second CD for Agi on your hands, that being nice to use at certain points.
Alchemy is to make raiding easier, it giving a nice bonus from flasks as well, though I do wish I choose Jewlcrafting if I were able to go back.

Bosses killed in Cataclysm:
T11 Heroic:
Bot: 4/5 - Missing Council
BwD: 6/6
ToFW: 2/2
T12 (FL): 7/7 Normal0-1/7 Heroic, Experience on 3/7

Bosses killed pre Cataclysm:
Didnt really start raiding until quite late WoTLK so I only really have ICC Kills with what was a Semi Raiding 10 man guild. Though haveing a few Bosses in ICC down in heroic while it was still current. I know this may look quite bad and seem as if it would make me not know anything about my class. Hunters did however get changed quite a bit in cataclysm and I do know the Hunter Class very well. I just hop the lack of experience in earlier tiers effects your decision on how good I am and my standard of play now.

Talents:

For my talents most are quite simple choices in the MM Tree. There are however some small differences in some of my talent choices; I have decided to put a point into Silencing Shot and into Trueshot Aura as although it is 25 man raids you can never be 100% sure on whether that buff will be present always have the buff and the extra interrupt could be very helpful. I have also put a point into Rapid killing it being a quite useful talent due to the adds that we get in quite a lot of fights in FL. For the rest of the points I decided to go for 3 in Frenzy and 2 in Pathing, Liking the Ranged Haste less than the pet haste at the moment. For me it was either 1 in Marked For Death or Trueshot Aura, the 50% of getting the Mark just not seeming to be worth it over the Buff, opting for the buff instead.

I can and do however also play the other Specs, still enjoying SV quite a bit, though lock and load is horrible in my opinion. This means that if the guild wanted me to re-spec I could do so without any problems.

Glyphs:
Steady Shot- This is a mandatory glyph, using SS a lot so the 10% damage increase being great.
Rapid Fire- The extra haste given for Rapid Fire is great when used at a start of a fight when in CA range, allowing for more AS and SS=More Crits and more Damage in turn.
Arcane Shot- This is normally the main focus dump under 90% now so the damage increase is quite nice on them.

For gems in gear generally I would go for trying to get as much agility out of the gems and socket bonuses as possible, the only exception being if the socket bonus gives 20+Agi or more.

For enchanting Gear I also try to as a general rule get as much Agi out of it, although using the Crit enchant on Back and mastery on Hands, they being more of a damage increase for me according to FemaleDwarf for me, although I know for certain hunters The Agi enchants are better on these pieces.

Stat Priority: Agi > Hit > Crit > Haste > Mastery
Mastery can go above Haste depending on the amount of Haste you have.

Rotation:

100-90%- Md Tank before combat - Prepot - Chimera Shot-Readiness-Chimera Shot-2xSS-Aimed-refresh Rapid Fire when runs out-Continue to the end of Careful Aim range.
90-20%- Cast SrS-keep ISS up with 2xSS- Chimera off CD(Keeping Srs up)- Arcane Focus Dump-Refresh HM if needed. I will normally use Hand Tinker off CD unless there is a certain reason I would want the extra damage output at a certain point.
20-0% Same as 90-20 except I will also add a Kill Shot in, although being less priority than Chimera still.

This can of course vary depending on the fight and mechanics, this is simply a 'Average' rotation for me.

Theory crafting:

My main source of Hunter information will come from the Hunting Party Pod-cast as well as EJ and my own testing on female Dwarf, something which I think nearly all raiding hunters have used anyway. I will also look at the WoW Fourms occupationally, though not anywhere as much as my other methods.

Reforging:

I'm not really to happy with my current reforging, WoWReforge.com was acting up when trying to do it so its my more failing maths at work and is therefore not optimized. I also need a leg Enchant but there are none currently on sale on the AH and saying as at the moment I'm not raiding it is not needed right away yet, this of course changing if I am to get back into a raiding guild soon.

Alts:
Only one really worth mentioning. A Resto/Chicken/to be Bear Druid
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... a/advanced

Raiding Days:

I can attend all your raiding days, not seeing myself missing apart from extreme conditions.

Why do I want to join:
You are a good guild which I have always followed, you are full of obviously very good players who play the game and their characters to their full potential, playing the game more than the average player and getting a lot more out of the game. You all have the same aims and aspirations as me in the game, this being reason enough for me to want to join. Of course the fact that your also looking for a hunter being quite appealing, this being the kind of guild I would always want to join. Also, means I get to go Troll and take get Lurx back (Or Simular) if I get a trial.

WoW goals:
I aim to be as good as I possibly can, learning from my mistakes, taking any criticism that is thrown at me and only trying to use it to help my game play although there shouldn't be many things I hunter wise I should miss now. I love making new friends along the way, it being a MMO after all. Of course I would love number 1 parses on all fights but as long as I am trying my best and can be competitive with nice people I am happy.

Thanks, please ask any questions you wish and I will do my best to answer them.

Alex.

Post subject: Re: X Realm - MM Hunter Application
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:53 am 

Even if it's Sunderland, Middlesbrough or Hartlepool?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:57 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:29 am 
Casual

I live in South Shields so about 10 Miles out from Newcastle. Most of my family are from there and Gateshead.

Places like Middlesbrough, no thank you :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm 

Well, I work in South Shields, and live in the lovely (yeh right) town called Jarrow! haha small world.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm 
Casual

Haha, wow small world indeed. Jarrow isn't that bad(sometimes)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:17 pm 

Can't really find anything to complain about except low exp. pre-cata.

Kinda hard to say anything about your points in pathing and reforging since you stated it wasn't optimized yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:03 pm 
Casual

Yeah, wish I could go back and get that Raid experience when it was relevant but the past is the past and I think I can still perform as well as others who have more previous exp than me.

I've done some proper more thorough reforging now. I've now gone with 3 points in Pathing so that I can get around the right amount of haste, using EJ's template for checking, I having a bit over 1235 meaning 3 in Pathing is right for me at the moment, though with a bit more gear with haste and it'll be back to 2 I think. From a look at the armoury it seems we have quite similar stat weights at the moment now as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:45 am 

I support this application.

Good luck!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next