[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Âkïrà - Blood Elf Protection Paladin

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Declined] Âkïrà - Blood Elf Protection Paladin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:03 am 

Personal information:

Name: Kareem

Character Information

Name: Âkïrà
Race: Blood Elf
Class: Paladin
Profession: : Engineering & Jewel Crafting 525 ,and well i choose those 2 professions, engineering: tinkers are helpful for all 3 specs,as For protection the glove tinker will give me a boost on my initial threat with the 480str every 1min for 15secs,then i have on belt a absorb shield for 18000 that i can manage to use with different CDs rotation,as for ret having 480strenght every 45secs is great,its kinda a bit more dps than having 80str all the time,and for holy 480 intellect every 45secs will give me a push on my healing and specially the spell power gained from the extra intellect. And im saying every 45secs not 1 min because having 480strenght for 15 seconds is just a 45 sec downtime,as For Jewelcrafting its known to be the BiS profession for tanks since i can choose the bonus to be mastery instead of the main raw stat.

Specialization: Protection
Off-Spec: Holy
Also have a decent set for in case needed

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/talnivarr/Âkïrà/advanced

Gear choice: (Gemming/Reforging/Enchanting)
For Protection Paladin, mastery is the best stat, followed by dodge and parry equally; therefore you can see from my choices I'm trying to stack as much mastery as possible to reach the cap which is 102%(which is mastery + dodge + parry + 5) then i would be going for stamina when i am capped, however, at my current gear level it is not yet obtainable)
Also about my trinkets,i know this isn't the best choice as tanking trinkets specially the revered trinket from hyjal since its a dps trinket,i am working on tol barad trinket,will have it soon,

Talent choice:
My talents : i think are the best to go with: 0/31/10 first i of course didn't take Eternal Glory because it has a 20secs cool down unless your in Holy spec and which is useless to take,then Improved Hammer of Justice:doesn't help with any kind of encounters and Hollowed Ground:i dont have a agro problem that's for first and because kinda all the encounters are also single target so that wont help me in that area

Glyphs : well i can say that im gonna change many Glyphs maybe in every encounter i will be in, specialy Divine protection; for example in Shanox fight i will have to keep it with Reduces all Damage taken by 20% since the debuff ill have is also physical but as in majordomo's fight ill have to have it Glyphed For scorpion form since its spell dmg.So i can conclude that ill change alot of glyphs during this new content,I already have all the glyphs and dust of disappearance and would chose the reasonable glyphs for each encounter.

Used abilities:

threat abilities : Of course( [Righteous Fury] ) ;As single target; i always begin with Avenging Wrath , Divine please ( for 3 holy powers), Avenger's Shield then to finish with Shield of the Righteous while of course using Crusader Strike for more damage and more threat. and well for aoe,kinda the same rotation but while using Hammer of the Righteous and not Crusader Strike

Cooldowns and when to use : Well its different each fight,how much damage im taking or will take ,what will the boss cast as spells melee attacks or soft enrage , by i try always to keep big cd's like Guardian of the ancient kings and ardent defender for emergencies but for example at Majordomo i will use ardent defender as a beginning of the encounter,but still i rotate cd's and try to use them on best timing.And of course use Divine Guardian when needed to the raid as a 20%reduce damage for all party members

Raiding Experience:
I only started playing the game two weeks before cataclysm was released, i first started with a bunch of veteran friends who helped me level quickly and was able to catch up for cata, we formed Lebanese Invasion with mostly new players who started after cata release,i was the GM of that guild,we progressed through the tier 11 content.it was more fun then progress. Till we decided to give it a try for a bigger start in raids.

Tier 11:
BWD : 6/6 normal. 4/6 heroic
TOTFW : 2/2 normal.
BOT : 4/4 normal, 2/4 heroic with chogal on 18%( only tried him for couple of times before Fire lands was released.

Tier 12:
We started Fire lands at the same day that it was released on the reset.Killed beth'tilac 3rd on the server :D was kinda a big push; and we ended up with 7/7 with wipes on shanox hc at 24-26%

PC Spec & Internet speed :
My connection is a 2.3 mb http://www.speedtest.net/result/1427141283.png thats the test for it:)

and my PC is: Core i7/1mb GeForce graphic card/4 geg rams

Raid days and times :
I can attend every raid,and can stay late if we're pushing for progression

UI screenshot :
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xegz9k&s=7

Addons:
Bigwigs
Bartender
Omen
CLCProt

Keybinds :
I'm left handed,my mouse is on the left side :D and keyboard on the right,that's why maybe my binds are unfamiliar with how people use their binds;
Guardian of the Ancient Kings: Caps lock
Holy Shield: Ctrl+W
Ardent Defender: V
Avenging Wrath: Ctrl+Q
Divine Protection: Ctrl+E
Divine Shield: Z
Divine Guardian: Ctrl+2
World of Glory: Ctrl+R
Lay on Hands: Ctrl+1

That is most of my keybinds, the rest can be seen on my screenshot.

Me as a gamer :
I play this game to have fun,take out my free time away which is a lot and to raid with progression,of course having progression means giving it all i have to help the group for the greater cause.

Consumables :
Always come ready with full consumables: Flask, food, repair gold, potions and dust of disappearance for glyph switch

what can i bring to the guild :
Dedication, commitment and the right attitude towards guild members and the server's community to maintain the amazing guild reputation

Last word
I would like to thank you for taking the time reading my application, in case there is anything you would like to know i'll be glad to answer your questions :)

Post subject: Re: Âkïrà - Blood Elf Protection Paladin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:02 am 

Your gear is quite low but that shouldnt be a problem and your overall raiding experience is lower than we are looking for even tho you started playing just before cata released.

and you say that you have written most of your binds, where is Hand of salv/sacrifice? these are very important aswell.
I'm not sure about engineering when you are tanking as a viable profession compared to other, correct me if I'm wrong tho!

Anyway, good luck with the application, I'll leave the rest with our officers.

I just want to end this post with a decent picture of shale, posing for zé cameras!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:38 am 
Casual

edit: thats not shale anymoar.. :|

Last edited by Plencis on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:59 am 
Casual

oh god bengt.. i advice not a single sane human being to click that link.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:10 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:55 pm 

Just want to add that I think you did a good job yesterday. The great part about what you did? You made loads of mistakes.

Once.

It's awesome to see players quickly learn from their mistakes. And mistakes are okay to make too, especially as it's nerve wrecking to come into a guildrun and play with people you've never played with before.

Have a good luck from me \o/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:57 pm 

I agree.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:01 am 

hello again, Wanted to say thank u for giving me a chance to prove my self,i respect that alot and will do better in the future ,ill try my best not to do any mistakes and avoid simple mistake that might wipe us.Ty for ur comments;I realy appreciate it honestly:)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]