[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Cráb People • View topic - [Declined] Resto/Balance druid application - Chéwbáccà

Cráb People

A 25-man raiding guild on EU-Talnivarr
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Resto/Balance druid application - Chéwbáccà
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 pm 

Myself

Name: Daniel
Language: Danish, though i speak english very well so its no problem :)

Char info:

Name : Chéwbáccà
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Kor'gall
Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Troll
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Resto
Spec 2 : Balance
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... 0/advanced

What specs do you play and how much do you enjoy them?:
I play Resto and Balance druid, i enjoy them both very much i'v always played resto since i started playing this game just before the release of TBC. though in cata i used most of my time playing balance as we were low on ranged dps and pretty high on healers. That changed with the release of Fïrelands and i changed back to resto.

Please explain your spec, enchants, gems, glyphs and Reforging:
Resto: well my spec may look kinda wierd, but thats only because my current guild is a 10 man guild, and direct heals make alot of your healing on 10 man, which is the diffrence from 25 man where your main job is to HoT everything. i'm reforging and enchanting alot of haste so i can reach the haste cap which is at 2005, its not a must but either you go full haste and get to the cap or you try to avoid everything called haste :p but well as i said i went for it and because of that i enchanted haste where i were able to untill i rached the cap, for gemming your choise is either int/spirit gem for blue sockets, int/haste for yellow sockets (this is only if your going for hast cap els you should be using int/mastery) and then for the red socket 40 int. you should always aim to get socket bonus if it gives int.
You have 5 glyphs that you simply just need to have and then you can choose between innervate and healing touch glyph depending on your spec and playstyle.
Balance: as my reforging and gemming is made for Resto i would have to make some changes where i reforge alot of the spirit into hast or mastery. because with my current spirit level i'm way over capped. beside from that its kinda the same for enchanting and gemming. Glyphs you got the 3 prime which are insect swarm, moonfire and wrath, for the major its abit more optional i choose to go with innervate so i'm able to give my innervate to the healers, and still avoid ooming myself. the other choise there would be monsoon which can be good for some fights. beside from the Starfall and Rebirht is a must have.

Any alts you will be able to raid with.
i got 3 alt at 85, though i only play pve on one of them chich is my hunter called Dontignoreme

Tell us of your raid experience, which bosses you've reached and with which character?:
i have always raided on my druid, in TBC i cleared up to council in BT
in Wotlk i have cleared naxx 10 and 25 man, Os 3d 25 man and malygos 10 man
in ulduar i killed up to yogg where we had some dps issues because we were low on ppl so the guild had to mass recruit and got some bad trialists, after 2 month of wiping on yogg some of our top players left to join top 100 guilds. but i decided to stop playing for a while. i got back in the end of icc and killed 7/12 Hc 10 man and 8/12 Hc 25 man though i only played as a social at that point.
in Cata i used the first long period of patch 4.0 and 4.1 on pvping i managed to reach 2.3k exp and arena master titel. i started raiding 1 month and 2 weeks before the release and killed 1/13 Hc with a guild i started with someriends of mine, where i were the raid leader. now in firelands our raiding have been on hold for almost 4 weeks now, but we managed to get 6/7 NM.

What is the most fun you have ever had playing WoW?:
well, i dunno whats the most fun tbh, i have experienced so much i cant keep track of it, but the best time i have ever had in wow where back in ulduar is were just great

What can you give for the guild? What do you expect from the guild? :
i can give you a serious player who wants to be the best and nothing els, i'm always doing everything i can to improve. i dont see the point in doing something if you dont have a goal with it.
i expect a serious raiding guild who are aming to get server first and some highend raiding

How could you improve yourself, excluding gear upgrades?:
Wll i have been reading alot of theorycrafting guides, and i want to make sure everything i do is right, and if i see any Rdruid doing a better job than me i wont stop trying to improve my skill level untill i'm the better player.

What are your goals in WoW, what keeps you here?:
its pretty easy, i'm still playing wow because i find it alot of fun. my current goal is to get some server first, and play in a high end raiding guild.

Which were your previous guilds and why have you left them?:
well i could list all my guilds, but that would take some time as i have played for 5 years now, but i will atleast tell you about my latest, and you are welcome to ask for the rest if you like :) Back in Tbc i were in the guild called Scandinavia league which is an scandinavian guild on Terenas - EU alliance side, its the guild i progressed with through BT. During the Ulduar times i were in a guild called exiled, as i mentioned previous it disbanded. my icc exp comes from a guild called Live to Tell it were the top guild on Terenas back in Wotlk anyways during the icc raid. i weren't a raider in that guild as i wasnt playing alot it was just a way for me to relaxe but i joined them a couple of times.
in cata i got my firelands exp from Club Bizarre, where i were the Raid leader as i mentioned earlier.

Why do you want to join us? :
Because i want to join a high end raiding guild

What stat priority do you follow and why?:
int > hatse untill the reach of haste cap > Mastery > Spirit > crit
you may even put spirit before mastery if your running low on mana :)

What rotation/priority system do you use and why?:
well always keep lifebloom up, make sure to use my trinket, have power torrent up and pop int potion when i use innervate use wild growth and swiftmend on CD

Please supply a link to any combat logs you have available (World of Logs etc.):
i dont have any. use none of those addons.

Any other information you think can help us to make a decision?:
if i have missed anything please just ask :)
aint used to making my own applications so hit me ^^

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 19.00 - 24.00
Monday -> 19.00 - 24.00
Tuesday -> 19.00 - 24.00
Wednesday -> 19.00 - 24.00
Thursday -> 19.00 - 24.00
Friday -> (most of the day)
Saturday -> (Most of the day)

Post subject: Re: Resto/Balance druid application - Chéwbáccà
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 pm 
Officer

Could you please get in your balance gear?
We are not interested in a resto druid, so could you please elaborate a bit more on how you play as balance? Stat priorities, rotation, utilites etc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:17 pm 

yes i can, but i will need about an hour to reforge my gear into the right stats :)

aswell, when i'm finished with that i will make a reply where i will explain my priority list and how i play as balance :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm 

okay there we go, my gear should be updated now. :)
I know my chest is Resto Tier set, but as i mentioned in my apply i played resto almost every raid during firelands, and because fo that i bought the resto tier chest, it still gives exstreamly good stats for Balance so its not bad at all but it will get replaced once i'm able to buy the balance one, even this week but i havent decided what to buy yet.

anyways my Stat prio as Balance druid is Int>Haste=hit=spirit>master>crit
though the spirit + hit prio only counts as long as you aint hit capped.

priority list/rotation:

boss figthts:
Always keep moonfire and IS up on your target, refresh it with around 2 sec left, its always better to refresh it before it runs out, unless you are very close to an eclipse state it might be better to wait as you gain bonus dmg, and higher haste as nature's grace resets when you enter a new eclipse state.
its important that you always remember to refresh IS before Moonfire as IS only gain dmg bonus from solar aclipse, but with sunfire moonfire gains dmg bonus from both solar and lunar eclipse, and it wouldnt be worth casting IS then Moonfire and recast IS again. would be a dps loose.
beside from that cast Starfire to get from Lunar - Solar and wrath from Solar - Lunar. Cast starsurge on CD and use instant starsurge right when it procs as you might be able to gain 2 in a row and you will miss that if you dont use it.

multiple targets (minimum 3):
plant 3 mushrooms detonate them, cast moonfire + IS on as many targets as you can untill you got 7 sec left on detonate and plant 3 mushrooms again, this is just over and over again :)

For balance i use addons like.

tidy plates
BalancePowerTracker
Grid (this is just my Raid frames)
Deadly Boss Mod
Recount
Omen threat meter.

if you got any more questions please ask :)
but as i said in my apply i played alot of arena so everything i got is keybinded, but if you want to you can add me to skype and i will send you a screen shot where you can see my keybindings :) (My skype is daller-xd)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 pm 

dunno if it works this is a screen shot taken from BH 25 man 10 min ago, i went down to test my balance dmg it started out pretty bad after first eyes on 19k, but i got better into the spec during the fight and ended at 28k know it aint much but its something :p

els, here is the link click the picture to see it in a bigger picture :)

http://imageshack.us/f/807/wowscrnshot081711182502.jpg/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:12 pm 
Officer

Ok, thanks
but sigh.. skinning :/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:58 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am 
Casual

Skip skinning, go engineering:)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next